Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2020, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Wow. Weren't you the one telling us a few weeks back that we should not judge?
    How is that a judgment? It sure looks like a question.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2020, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How is that a judgment? It sure looks like a question.
    jl we are told to make right judgements
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2020, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    jl we are told to make right judgements
    I was a fundie most of my life. It wasn't a judgment.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2020, 10:26 PM
    well it looked like it to me too, saying that Pence is a fundie Christian sounds like a judgement, Christians are called upon to be practical as well as having faith and he is no different
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2020, 12:44 AM
    Hmmm, isn't Pence one of those fundie Christians who's looking ahead to the apocalypse and the rapture?
    Yeah. I'm sure you meant that "fundie Christians" remark to be a compliment.

Clete, I was referring the WG's comment on the matter, not my own. I would agree with you that we must be able to assess "rightness" or "wrongness".
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 02:50 AM
    Wouldn't it be great if we all followed the same ideology? We don't. Fundie is not a knock or compliment, just a description of ideology.
    There are many levels of right and wrong, and the nuance is subtle and at the same time great. WG is correct, Pence is a hard core fundie, he doesn't believe in the science of needle exchanges, or didn't until the HIV crises in a part of the state he governed got worse, and he changed his policy. He also thinks you can pray away the gay, and be a hetero. We know how well that works.
    Closing PP because it facilitates abortions, while not recognizing the VAST other things it does, is also part of the fundie ideology. How is THAT right? Pence did that too, and helped the HIV crises in Indiana get worse.
    His record as a governor before he bacame a VP is simple enough to look up.

Yes folks this is the guy tapped to manage this coronavirus crises, but we will see if he has learned a darn thing from past actions, or will he let his fundie ideology get in the way. Hopefully he has learned better, and leaves his politics and religion out of this crises, and let's the scientists do their job.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2020, 04:22 AM
    Yes folks this is the guy tapped to manage this coronavirus crises, but we will see if he has learned a darn thing from past actions, or will he let his fundie ideology get in the way. Hopefully he has learned better, and leaves his politics and religion out of this crises, and let's the scientists do their job.
    Nothing like prejudging a matter, if he calls on you to pray, will you? or will you reject that as part of "fundie" christianity? In what way will his politics affect the administration of the response? he can only respond with the resources he has
    Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 07:28 AM
    It's not prejudice to point out his actions and record as a governor. At least google the dude and review his record then and now. I've prayed with many people in my life, and will again, no problem, but praying the gay away to make a gay person hetero, is as loony as it gets in my book!

If he cannot do his job and get whatever resources that's NEEDED, then that's how he will be judged. Pray for getting those resources is something I would certainly join him in, and hope he succeeds beyond my wildest expectations.
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2020, 07:41 AM
    but we will see if he has learned a darn thing from past actions, or will he let his fundie ideology get in the way.

Fundie is not a knock or compliment, just a description of ideology.
    Uhm, kind of contradictory statements aren't they?
    Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 07:50 AM
    How so?
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2020, 07:53 AM
    You say that being called a "fundie" is not a knock, but then proceed to say that it will "get in the way" if he has not learned "a darn thing" from the past. If being a fundie is neutral (not a knock), then why do you assume it would get in the way? Why wouldn't you just as well assume it would be a positive?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2020, 07:54 AM
    I think it is safe to say that the RESPONSE of the U.S. to this ChiCom virus will be the best in the world: Despite all the crap slung about with regards to the U.S. "HEALTHCARE" System, when people want to come to the best hospitals in the world, they end up coming to the U.S.: We have the best doctors in the world, why? Because WE PAY THE BEST DOCTORS IN THE WORLD MORE THAN THEY CAN GET PAID ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD! Don't even try to counter what I just said, because you know its true...And, our research and development is also the best in the world. So, don't wish upon a star that all of this goes to hell in a handbasket so it impugns Trump to the point it prevents him getting elected in November because it ain't happening! The U.S. infrastructure is just too massive, too strong, and too good to fail.....unless, of course, God has chosen this ChiCom virus as the END of us all and HE has that power....BELIEVE THIS: IF ITS GOD'S PLAN, NOTHING CAN STOP IT!
    Expert

Mar 3, 2020, 07:37 AM
    So when does the testing start to find out who got what? Then you'll know how serious this thing is here and with 6 deaths already forget them freakin' masks and get those test kits to the frontline NOW!

Mar 3, 2020, 09:05 AM
    Talaniman: With a 14 day incubation period where the hosts can spread the virus, you can better the incidence of the virus will take of EXPONENTIALLY soon: It could go from dozens to tens of thousands within two to three weeks....The 1918 Pandemic killed ~50 million with a 2% death rate on individual who caught the flu: World population is more than twice that now, I think(?)...so, the deaths today could be 100,000,000.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2020, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: With a 14 day incubation period where the hosts can spread the virus, you can better the incidence of the virus will take of EXPONENTIALLY soon: It could go from dozens to tens of thousands within two to three weeks....The 1918 Pandemic killed ~50 million with a 2% death rate on individual who caught the flu: World population is more than twice that now, I think(?)...so, the deaths today could be 100,000,000.
    or 100,000 or 10,000. This is not the flu. It is a disease that mainly affects older, vulnerable people. The medical science has moved on from 1918, one hundred years has made a big difference in survival rates, nutrition. 100 years ago obesity, now the biggest threat to humanity, wasn't a problem. It will kill more people this year than CV, so will the common flu
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2020, 07:15 PM
    It will kill more people this year than CV, so will the common flu
    Good point.

Mar 4, 2020, 08:01 PM
    Right now, we really don't know ANYTHING! We only know what we are told....and we damned sure don't know how many ChiComs are dead right now. We don't know much. You want to bet on our medical prowess saving the day? Well, we have done a wonderful job curing another virus call AIDS, haven't we?

GOD, Himself, will let us know when we don't have to worry about this CV, and only He knows: We aren't that smart and certainly aren't that powerful.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2020, 06:01 AM
    Vac you are religious person you know about pestilence as prophesied in Revelation, this is either the end times or it is not
    Expert

Mar 5, 2020, 08:18 AM
    All that matters is what you do during these times whether they are prophesy or not. I mean you are worried about locust and the power companies and factories are fouling the drinking water and air?

Mar 5, 2020, 10:40 AM
    Talaniman: There are a thousand daggers pointed at the heart of man....and, sadly, most all of them are of his own design....Stupidity is a bad thing...Arrogance is a bad thing...Stupidity AND Arrogance can be a deadly combination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

View more questions Search