Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Filing a parenting plan at a default hearing
    Well I received a letter from the court in tenn.(default hearing). The address on the letter is not my own. The address on the letter was my address ten yrs ago. Im about to go to court. What's my options? Can I petition for a parenting plan?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by debess View Post
    Well i recieved a letter from the court in tenn.(default hearing). The address on the letter is not my own. The address on the letter was my addres ten yrs ago. Im about to go to court. Whats my options? Can i petition for a parenting plan?
    There is no such thing as a default hearing. There is default judgement. Is it possible your not reading it correctly? Does it say if you don't appear a default judgement will appear against you?

How did you get this letter if it went to an address from 10 years ago?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parenting Plan Violations [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-wife and I share joint custody of our 12-year old son. She has primary physical custody and I have authority regarding my son's extracurricular activities. I also bear the costs of those activities. The parenting plan states that the parent caring for the child is responsible for any...

Parenting plan NOT followed [ 3 Answers ]

Make a long story short. My husbands son live w mother in diff state and we just finished a custody battle. She won which seems crazy. CPS was involved with the mother and step father abusing child. HAve multiple doc proving this. She got custody "supposably" cause they think child should stay w...

How do I enforce my parenting plan? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, My ex and I have joint custody of our two children with me having primary. My son under pressure from his father decided to go live with him when he was 9. My ex then moved to another state and took my son with him. We have never amended our original parenting plan because I want my son to...

Temp parenting plan, and mother may not be following it [ 5 Answers ]

So we are fighting for custody of my husbands son. So far we just have a temp parenting plan, until a GAL sort of investigates, what's best for the child. We get a week out of the month to visit the child, and we have phone rights. For over a week she has blocked us or shut her phone off so we...

How do I change custody and parenting plan? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old daughter. I am married to a us army soldier. He has orders to be stationed in Texas. My daughters father is saying he will not allow me to take her with me. We share joint custody, and a stupid parenting plan I didn't want to agree to, but was threatened into it. Is it posible to...

View more questions Search