Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hazmat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Need to know about T accounts and unadjusted trial balance?
    Ok, listen I'm taking my first accounting class and we have our second assignment and since I'm taking distance learning classes I don't really have the opportunity to ask my instructor for help. I hope any of you can help me figure out how to write an account balance for T accounts and Unadjusted trial balance.
    answersplease Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 01:56 PM
    T account is just used for debit credit columns. Ex. If you are putting money in your bank account you would debit cash (bank account) and you would credit the account the money will go to such as rent. All debits must equal credits. With a t account you can see the differences easier. Hope this helps. If you ask a more specific question I can answer it for you,
    monikathakuri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Accounting requires very specific methods of recording transactions. Generally, transactions are recorded through the use of accounts. These accounts are actually places within accounting systems in which changes in assets, liabilities, owner's equity, revenues, and expenses are recorded. The changes reflect increases or decreases in these accounts over a given time.

In its simplest form, an account looks very much like the letter "T", hence the name "T-Account"

"Account Name"

Debit Credit

The left side of the T-Account is called the debit side, while the right side is called the credit side. Therefore, if we enter amounts on the left side, we are debiting; on the right side we are crediting.

Debits and Credits have opposite effects. Depending on the type of account, one will cause an increase, the other a decrease and vice versa. To explain further, here are the debit and credit rules:

For Assets

Debit for Increase l Credit for Decrease

=

For Liabilities

Debit for Decrease l Credit for Increase

+

For Owner's Equity

Debit for Decrease l Credit for Increase
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Aug 16, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Ok, listen I'm taking my first accounting class and we have our second assignment and since I'm taking distance learning classes I don't really have the opportunity to ask my instructor for help. I hope any of ya can help me figure out how to write an account balance for T accounts and Unadjusted trial balance.
    Whether you are taking regular classes or distant learning courses. You must have the relevant text book with you. Please do read the chapter on recording transactions, you will find your answer.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:30 PM

All irrelevant since the thread's two years old and some newbie dragged it back up. :-)

Aug 16, 2009, 10:12 PM

Hazmat, please read the relevant chapters from the following website:

Principles of Accounting

Aug 16, 2009, 10:15 PM

Hazmat, please read the relevant chapters from the following website:

Principles of Accounting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entering Adjustments on an Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to enter adjustments on an unadjusted trial balance for the following: a. As of December 31, 2005, employees had earned $900 of unpaid and unrecorded salaries. The next payday is January 4, at which time $1,600 of salaries will be paid. (Unadjusted TB: Salaries expense Dr....

Help, Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I CANNOT SEEM TO GET MY UNADJUSTED TRIAL BALANCE TO THE CHACK FIGURE 115107. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG? IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A WEEK AND IM FRUSTRATED. I NEED A NEW SET OF EYES TO SEE WHERE IM MESSING UP. BEG BAL, LIFO INVENTORY, JOURNAL ENTRIES ARE INCLUDED. IF...

Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 3 Answers ]

How do you do a unadjused trial balance? Everything looks rights on my paper but when I add it up the debit and credit number does not equal.

Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 3 Answers ]

First time user of this site, and hopefully I will enjoy it. As an accounting major, I am facing problems with correcting trial balance. I tried my best to solve it myself. My question is : Dr. A/R 13,710 Cr. A/P 13,710 ...

View more questions Search