Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lollipops987654 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 05:32 PM
    Why is my dad sooo mean to me?
    Why is my dad sooo mean to me? He is always calling me stupid and a retard and mental. I know he is not joking. I'm always afraid he will hit me. Like today I was walking with him behind me and I bumbed in to a fence (its wire so it bends easily) and it bent and then he yelled at me and told me that I'm a stupid jack*** that needs to watch where I'm going. I went inside and he told my mom what happened and called me names again and she looked mad at him. Then I ran to my room and cried and my mom yelled to me to come back then my dad said who cares let her cry!

Why does he do this to me? He does it all the time and my mom does nothing to stop it. It happneds to my 15 year old sis too. She already has emotional issues and he makes it worst. She will tell me sometimes she wants to kill herself and I'm afraid she might. What do I do? Does he hate me? If not then why does he do it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2013, 05:47 PM
    It sounds like he doesn't hate only you. Your sister and mom get the brunt of his bad moods/behavior too.

Here's a little secret for you: It isn't the rest of the world he hates. It is himself he hates, and he takes it out on everyone else, whoever is handy. Now, tell me why that might be. Did he have a terrible childhood or bad time in his life?

May 4, 2013, 05:51 PM
    No, not really. I think he just hates people. Every time we have a family gathering he does not go or he does go but gets mad when people talk to him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2013, 05:53 PM
    If you are walking, why did you bump into fence to start with, was he worried you could hurt yourself? Get clothes dirty.
    Do you have a walking or balance issue, was road way bad ?

Some people yell, they do not know better,

"HIT YOU" has he ever hit you,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipops987654 View Post
    no, not really. i think he just hates people. every time we have a family gathering he does not go or he does go but gets mad when people talk to him.
    Like I said... there is something lurking inside him, some baggage he is carrying around, HIS problem. You don't "hate people" for no reason.

May 5, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    if you are walking, why did you bump into fence to start with, was he worried you could hurt yourself? get clothes dirty.
    do you have a walking or balance issue, was road way bad ?

some people yell, they do not know better,

"HIT YOU" has he ever hit you, ?
    We don't live near a road,I would not have gotten hurt, and it was clean. I don't have a walking or balance issue. And I bumbed into it because my head was turned the other way because he was talking to me. No, never got hit.
    springfall79 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

May 5, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Well, sometimes my dad does that to me too :( sometimes I just cry in the corner of the bathroom for hours, yes.. I have suicidal thoughts too. Just try to avoid your dad

May 5, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by springfall79 View Post
    well, sometimes my dad does that to me too :( sometimes I just cry in the corner of the bathroom for hours, yes.. I have suicidal thoughts too. Just try to avoid your dad
    I can't advoid him. He would get mad. I sometimes also go and cry. I can't control it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 5, 2013, 06:32 PM
    If he treats everyone bad and is mean to everyone then don't take it personal and don't let him get you down. I know that's not easy but ask your mom how she handles it. Maybe she knows why he is like he is.

May 5, 2013, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If he treats everyone bad and is mean to everyone then don't take it personal and don't let him get you down. I know that's not easy but ask your mom how she handles it. Maybe she knows why he is like he is.
    thanks this really helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is receiving dissability beniftis from dad. Dad owes arearages is the ss [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has just starting receiving ss disability benefits off her father.. her father owes arearages. Does the dissability benefit she receives takes get deducted from what he owes.

How to show my dad as my newly immigated dad as my dependent for insurance purposes [ 1 Answers ]

How to show my dad who is new lawful immigrant and will get a green card as my dependent for health insurance and tax purposes

How to break the news to my 12 yr old son, that his dad isn't his biological dad. . [ 4 Answers ]

My 12 year old son, has no idea that his dad is not his biological dad. I need to find a way to sit him down and explain to him, I also need to find a way to talk to my other half about us telling our son. My other half wants to have no part in letting him know, as he says, "he doesn't need to...

My son has a dad and now the biological dad came out of da blue and wants a dna test? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was five months pregnant my sons dad abandoned me and started denying my son, I started dating someone else who didn't care that I was pregnant he still chose to love me and be with me, he even had a few words with the loser when I was eight months pregnant and needed things for the baby...

View more questions Search