Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topace Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Can I use Diana Stalder Glutathione soap and the black soap together?
    OK I'm trying to put a new regiment together for even but slightly lighter skin tone.

This is what I have.

Diana Stalder Glutathione soap
    Diana Stalder black soap
    Diana Stalder Kojic acid cream

Glycolic cream 15%
    Moisturizer with SPF30

What should I be using with what? Obvious Im not looking to use everything,
    timtotten Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    -

May 30, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Hi topace.

Just be careful. It sounds like you are probably buying some generic products that are being unethically marketed as genuine Diana Stalder products. The reason I say this is because there is no genuine Diana Stalder product known as "Kojic acid cream" or "Glycolic cream." These are names of products typically used by sellers of the generic, unlabeled products.

Often these sellers try to claim (or imply) that their products are the same as genuine Diana Stalder brand, or just as good as Diana Stalder brand, or even the same formulations as genuine Diana Stalder products. None of that is true.

Some of these products ARE produced by the same parent company (the Stalder Group). The generic line of products known as "BCP" is manufactured by the Stalder Group for sale to dermatologists and salons around the Philippines, where they are often private labeled. But please understand that the ingredients and formulations are very different between these generic BCP products and the genuine Diana Stalder brand products. (By the way, the Stalder Group also manufactures several other brands of skin care products, but for some reason there don't seem to be as many unethical sellers making inappropriate claims about these other brands.)

The point is that these are are all very different brands and very different products. The BCP generic products are low-cost, basic products that are targeted at the cost-conscious consumer that wants a basic product at a low price. The wholesale prices for these products are low enough that small spas and salons in the Philippines can buy the products, private label them, mark them up and sell them at prices that still make sense in the Philippines. Genuine Diana Stalder products are premium formulations with maximum efficacy, targeted at the consumer who wants the very best, and is willing to pay for it.

It's similar in many respects to the situation with Toyota and Lexus. These cars are made by the same company, but they are very different products and distinct brands. The Toyota is for soemone who wants a basic car that is reliable transportation at a low price. The Lexus is for a customer that wants a premium, luxury product, and is willing to pay for the difference in quality, performance, luxury, etc. If a car dealership tried to sell Toyota Corollas by claiming they were really Lexus vehicles, well that would be unethical and the factory would no doubt revoke their dealership agreement.

Finally, I don't know your location, but I would note that it's illegal to sell generic, unlabeled cosmetics in the U.S. The FDA rules are pretty clear on this point.

To answer your specific question, there is nothing really that would prohibit you from using both the genuine Diana Stalder Black Beauty Bar and the Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap at the same time. Presumably you mean you would alternate between the two (e.g. one in the morning, and one a night). Of course if you over use it (use one, rinse, and then immediately use the other), you run the risk of drying out your skin.

Having said that, it's not clear to me why you would want to use both products at the same time. Generally, one will perform better than the other for whatever situation you are trying to address. If you have the classic problem of dark spots, acne scars, melasma, hyperpigmentation, etc. AND you want to be a whiter tone overall, we generally recommend to our customers that they first work on evening out the skin tone, THEN once that goal is achieved, work on overall whitening. So depending on the specifics of your case, that might mean first using the Diana Stalder Black Beauty Bar with a Surely White Lightening Cream (for your face) or Surely White Lightening Lotion (for the rest of your body). Then, when your tone has evened out, switching to the Glutathione Soap (or maybe the Papaya Kojic Soap) in comination with the Diana Stalder Surely White Whitening Cream and/or Surely White Body Whitening Lotion.

For the sake of full disclosure, I am the President of a company that sells genuine Diana Stalder products. In fact, we are the oldest and largest authorized distribution center for Diana Stalder products outside of the Philippines.

Regards,
    Tim
    topace Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 03:36 PM

Thanks, but the products I use are genuine...

The glycolic is NOT by DS. The kojic cream is.

How ever I just wanted to know if I can use them together.
    -

May 30, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Sorry, but there really is no such thing as a Diana Stalder Kojic Cream. Maybe you have a BCP product, or some other product that someone is claiming to be genuine Diana Stalder. But if it's really called Kojic Cream, it can't possibly be a genuine Diana Stalder product. That was my earlier point--be careful about dealing with sellers who are making false claims or misrepresenting generic products as genuine Diana Stalder products. Sadly, there are a LOT of sellers out there misrepresenting the products they are selling. The result is that too many buyers end up with fake or misrepresented products that they falsely believe are genuine Diana Stalder.

Since we don't sell glycolic acid and kojic acid creams and don't have any experience with combining them, we'll leave it to someone else to coment on the efficacy and safety of that.

In any case, good luck!

Regards,
    Tim
    finey88 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 07:09 PM

Diana Stalder Whitening Products

Is this legit?
    -

May 30, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Well I'm reluctant to say much about one of our competitors. But if, by "legit" you are asking whether she is selling genuine Diana Stalder products, then the answer is yes. But she also sells the generic BCP products, which are not legal for sale in the U.S. For some reason, rather than calling these generic products by their correct BCP name, she confusingly calls them "Dermaline", the name of another company in the Stalder Group that operates clinics in the Philippines and distributes genuine Diana Stalder products.
    anita30485 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Hi tim,
    Could you specify some site where I can buy genuine diana stalder products online?
    Thanks
    redlocks77 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 09:10 PM

@anita30485

Been ordering DS products at SouthGain Skin Care - Diana Stalder whitening, lightening, glutathione, papaya kojic soap, more

So far I have nothing but positive experiences.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 11:36 AM

Yea the ds from southgain is legit. I've been using the kojic acid soap for 2 days now (even though I was scared as hell) and my skin is super soft. I'm prepared for the stinging.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    Yea the ds from southgain is legit. I've been using the kojic acid soap for 2 days now (even though I was scared as hell) and my skin is super soft. I'm prepared for the stinging.
    Yeah, just back off for a day or two.
    I thought I'd be the exception when it came to the stinging but it came about day 4/5 for me, started as a real warm feeling and a little peeling then my skin started to feel real soar and tender.

It's a great exfoliating soap but I'm going soap-free as far as my facial cleansing goes.
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2010, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    I just received mine Saturday (Kojic Soap DS), and scared too of the outcome, and stinging and peeling I hear about. I'm not using it on my face, I'm using it on my body, and I am also dark so it may not even work the same way, but a little nervous still.
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Yeah, just back off for a day or two.
    I thought I'd be the exception when it came to the stinging but it came about day 4/5 for me, started as a real warm feeling and a little peeling then my skin started to feel real soar and tender.

It's a great exfoliating soap but I'm going soap-free as far as my facial cleansing goes.
    Did you peel on your face or your body? I am using it on my body, well I will be when I start, and wondering if the peeling is as severe on the body, and the stinging/tenderness.
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Apr 26, 2010, 05:38 PM

I get my kojic soap from a US selller on eBay... and her stuff is good... her name is filipinagoddess and her store is called a shopaholicsbargain or something like that.. if you just search kojic acid soap... lots of hits will come up but she is one of the only US sellers in Florida... and she is hoenst and you get it quickly... and she has the lotion, (not cream) and the soaps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Diana Stalder - Black or Orange Soap [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Ive been doing some research on a few acne products and came across papaya soaps which eventually led me to Diana Stalder products... There 2 types of soaps that seem excellent to what I want to achieve, the orange and the black one.. so to the people who have been experimenting...

Has anyone tried the Sw+ss Glutathione Soap? [ 21 Answers ]

I just want to know if Sw+ss Glutathione works.. Has anyone tried it? Thanks. :)

DIANA STALDER glutathione soap [ 19 Answers ]

OK you, Today I made my first step towards a whole new skin lightening quest... I JUST ORDERED THE GLUTATHIONE SOAP from diana stalder... im very excited but we shall see how it goes. As soon as I get it I am going to keep you updated as to the results. Hopefully it'll be good business, keep my...

Papya soap vs glutathione soap [ 3 Answers ]

Which one works better?

View more questions Search