Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2019, 03:53 AM
    Trump invited the Taliban to Camp David ?

Here is his tweets

Unbeknownst to almost everyone, the major Taliban leaders and, separately, the President of Afghanistan, were going to secretly meet with me at Camp David on Sunday. They were coming to the United States tonight. Unfortunately, in order to build false leverage, they admitted to..

....an attack in Kabul that killed one of our great great soldiers, and 11 other people. I immediately cancelled the meeting and called off peace negotiations. What kind of people would kill so many in order to seemingly strengthen their bargaining position? They didn’t, they....

....only made it worse! If they cannot agree to a ceasefire during these very important peace talks, and would even kill 12 innocent people, then they probably don’t have the power to negotiate a meaningful agreement anyway. How many more decades are they willing to fight?

…………………...…………………………………...…...…………………………………………………… ………………...………………….

Um today is 3 days before the anniversary of the 9-11 attack . Have you forgotten ? He seems surprised that the Taliban are barbaric animals .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2019, 05:50 AM
    Um today is 3 days before the anniversary of the 9-11 attack . Have you forgotten ? He seems surprised that the Taliban are barbaric animals .
    Perhaps he thinks Taliban are not muslims
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2019, 06:02 AM
    Tomder55: Don't act so surprised....and don't play into the hands of the leftist....the American people were "so progressive and forward think" that they elected a man with a suspect past named Barack Hussein Obama(Barack is the horse Mohammed rides) into the Presidential Office 8 years after the 911 attacks! That would be equivalent to electing a man named Fujimora Kobe Brown into office in the 1948 Elections after being attached by the Japanese in 1941!
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2019, 06:17 AM
    I'm not playing into anyone's hands I call it as I see it . Obama (the emperor) did not do a good job fighting terrorism . But if you look at it from the left perspective ,the emperor killed OBL and Trump was planning to negotiate with terrorists at Camp David the week of 9-11. I think we have been in Afghanistan way too long. Just leave then . The idea of having charade negotiations with the Taliban is too much to take. We all know they have no plan for honoring the terms .

Sep 8, 2019, 06:25 AM
    Tomder55: All what you say is correct....Trump wanted to pull out of Afghanistan when he first came into office...why did he stop that push?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 8, 2019, 11:29 AM
    What do you think happens when we leave Afghanistan? This is just another in a line of fake negotiations of a fake deal. First Vlad, then MBS, then Xi, then Kim, Now full blown terrorists sympathizers, protecting those who attacked us on 9/11.

The pattern is intact and it ain't painting a pretty picture, though the dufus loves his photo ops with dictators and bad guys.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2019, 06:44 AM
    so what are you going to do, nuke Afghanistan?. That boat has sailed
    Expert

Sep 9, 2019, 07:10 AM
    This is where a negotiating team should have been put in place a long time ago, and not left completely up to the dealmaker in chiefs negotiating skills and tactics. We already know where that leads, and we need more than just public proclamations and photo ops to reach some kind of agreement. I doubt the afghan government was on board with any of this anyway.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2019, 09:53 AM
    Afghanistan is strategic space for Pakistan in the event of all out war with India. it is silly to "negotiate " with the Taliban . It's like negotiating with Hezbollah when they are a proxy force for the 12ers in Tehran. The Taliban is a sole subsidiary of the Pakistani ISI . Talks with the Taliban legitimize them as legitimate political players in the nation instead of the terrorist proxy force they are . .

This is where a negotiating team should have been put in place a long time ago, and not left completely up to the dealmaker in chiefs negotiating skills and tactics.
    We have had a negotiation team there for a long time . It is headed by Zalmay Khalilzad

I doubt the afghan government was on board with any of this anyway.
    correct . The negotiations have gone on between the Taliban and US negotiators . It is a mistake .
    Expert

Sep 9, 2019, 02:21 PM
    I suspect the whole escapade was another attempt to change the narrative from whatever was on the news, to something else for the media to gnaw on. Wouldn't be the first time, but I can also see the dufus running a "brilliant" idea by his cabinet, and their heads exploded, and he tweeted it. Probably not the first time for that either.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2019, 03:03 PM
    Think on this for a while

Trump negotiates peace with the Taliban
    Pakistan looses US aid
    Taliban stages an attack to derail talks
    In whose interest is it that the US stay in Afghanistan?

Sep 9, 2019, 03:30 PM
    Paraclete: Trying to answer your question: India benefits, right?
    Expert

Sep 9, 2019, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Think on this for a while

Trump negotiates peace with the Taliban
    Pakistan looses US aid
    Taliban stages an attack to derail talks
    In whose interest is it that the US stay in Afghanistan?
    We do. It keeps the Taliban from hiding terrorists and our enemies if we keep chasing and shooting them. Remember the lesson of ISIS, so do you want the Taliban running Afghanistan like they have before?
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2019, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    You might think so, India certainly has interests in Afghanistan, notably lessening Pakastani influence but the Pakastani's are well entrenched and Afghanistan is a Muslim state. But if the US leaves, then Pakistan will lose considerable financial support.
    We do. It keeps the Taliban from hiding terrorists and our enemies if we keep chasing and shooting them. Remember the lesson of ISIS, so do you want the Taliban running Afghanistan like they have before?
    Trying to maintain perspective here Tal. Your problem in Afghanistan as Al Qaeda, long since vanquished. You actually armed the forerunners of the Taliban and Al Qaeda, back in the days of Soviet occupation, and you created ISIS so I wouldn't shout too loud about terrorists. I don't like extremist Muslims so the answer to your question is, NO! but it isn't about what I want or you want, it is about What the Afghanisns want and meeting with the Taliban may not provide that outcome, particularly if the Afghan government are not part of the talks.

Whileever the US maintains a presence there will be trouble, what happens after they leave, a rerun of history, or somethingelse. We don't know
    Expert

Sep 10, 2019, 05:01 AM
    Makes the argument about the complexity of our presence there as the Taliban will agree to anything to get us out, and renew their dominance, which is against our interests and those who are not extremists, and strengthens a not dead Al Qaeda, and even ISIS to a great extent, and endangers not just us, but our allies as well, lest we not forget some of which are also in Afghanistan.

Sort of makes the dufus antics over this withdrawal deal rather stupid, since it would be just between HIM and the Taliban leaving out the other principals all together. Another photo op for him to lie about. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole meeting was a charade.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2019, 07:24 AM
    correct . This is all related to the Indian actions in Kashmir .
    but the Pakastani's are well entrenched and Afghanistan is a Muslim state
    You would think that but it is not so . Pakistan's influence in Afghanistan begins and ends with the Taliban. When they ruled they used tyranny to impose their will ;just as they will do when they regain control of the nation; as they are doing in the areas they do control . They exist because it is in Pakistan's interest for them to exist . They are part of the Pushtu tribes .But although they are the largest ethinc block (subdivided by tribalism) there are many other ethnic groups inside the country that don't care to be ruled by them . Don't forget that the Northern alliance was largely armed by India . These days New Deli supports the Afghan government but is using soft power means and is relying on the US to provide the muscle . That by necessity will change with a US withdrawal.

You actually armed the forerunners of the Taliban and Al Qaeda, back in the days of Soviet occupation, and you created ISIS
    If there is any fault that the US gets it is that the arms we supplied to the mujaheddin we allowed to be filtered to the fighters through the PAki ISI .The Taliban did not exist until after the Soviet occupation was over ,and we had stopped supplying arms . Yes some of the Taliban soldiers fought the Soviets also . As far as the US creating ISIS ;well that is just Iranian talking points that you have bought into . It is a complete untruth . ISIS emerged from the Zarqawi organization AQ in Iraq .It is true that the emperor took his eyes off the ball when he withdrew from Iraq ;and they grew in power after that . But that doesn't mean the US created them .
    Whileever the US maintains a presence there will be trouble, what happens after they leave, a rerun of history, or somethingelse. We don't know
    typically in the Great Game actors entering Afghanistan have difficulty leaving .
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2019, 09:37 AM
    Trump fired John Bolton today Bolton did not agree with the hair brained idea of having the Taliban go to Camp David . Trump should fire anyone of his advisers who thought it was a good idea . Best guess is that Trump already has Fred Fleitz in his radar as his next NSA
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2019, 10:25 AM
    That brings to over 70 the number fired, resigned, or departed under a cloud. Only Genghis Khan had more.
    Expert

Sep 10, 2019, 10:28 AM
    Boy that (Fleitz) should be a great fit if true. That's all we need is more right wing loonies in the WH. The dufus is loony enough. No Bolton fan here, but he is out saying he quit, contrary to the dufus saying he was fired, and promised more details later.

Frankly it was just amatter of time before these two wing nuts bumped heads.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2019, 01:12 PM
    under a cloud.
    what cloud ? This was simply policy differences

Boy that (Fleitz) should be a great fit if true.
    I just floated that to see the Dem's heads explode .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Knew rex and david back in the 70's and 80's lost track of david how can I find him [ 1 Answers ]

Knew david and rex back in 70' and 80's. Lost track of david while he was in alanta working for cray computers. Last I heard of rex, he was teaching tennis up north. Would like to find david and rex. thanks

I saw a movie about boys and girls at a camp or boot camp and ron is the doctor [ 0 Answers ]

There was also a main female character writing her fantasies in a journal

View more questions Search