Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RoTheNotSoPro Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2016, 11:10 AM
    How to remove a Grohe kitchen faucet spout from base
    I am trying to repair a leaking Grohe kitchen faucet. The leak is coming from the swivel joint where the spout meets the base. Unfortunately the faucet is an older model so I can not reference the name but it is similar to look of Grohe Minta.
    My instincts tell me that it is held in by o-rings but upper part of the spout which rotates flow left and right is removable when rotated 180 (facing Up)
    I am attaching a link to image of faucet. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0qJEsNWnJpmKw6
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Possibly even faucet model name would be helful.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 17, 2016, 05:30 AM
    Hello RoTheNotSoPro,

It appears to be a Grohe Minta kitchen faucet.

There is a "U" clamp preventing the spout from pulling out, located on the bottom of the spout, where it meets body of the faucet. Remove the "U" clamp and pull with force the entire spout in UPWARD motion.

You should contact Grohe for parts and purchase set set of "O" rings and Grohe grease. Here are the four major Grohe parts distributors.

GROHE - Parts Distributors - Where to buy

I found one video on YouTube. Unfortunately, it not in English, however, it shows you how faucet assembles. The important part starts at about 3:00 minute mark. That should give you an idea how to disassemble it.

https://youtu.be/Em12bmFwPJo

Hope that helps

Milo
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2016, 07:57 AM
    Great answer. Sounds Italian, but the video is good enough.

Sep 17, 2016, 01:06 PM
    Milo, thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the faucet in question is much older than the Minta. Not sure if you looked closely at the picture but notice the spout is not inline with the base. The faucet spout is also inset into the base with no u clamp or cotter pin holding it in. Thanks again
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 20, 2016, 08:22 AM
    Try pulling straight up on the spout.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 20, 2016, 09:43 AM
    As hkstroud suggested, pull the spout UP to remove it from the base. I think Minta is the newer, upgraded version of the "old" faucet.

Sep 20, 2016, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Try pulling straight up on the spout.
    I did try that. However, I did not have my full back it to the pull. I did not want to make problem worse if I didn't have a back up plan. I also did not apply any lubricant or decalsifying agent to joint.
    Thanks for response, I will try again

Oct 7, 2016, 12:17 PM
    Just to Follow up. I found out that the faucet is a VOLA KV1. The fix is rotating the faucet spout 180 deg and lift. Thanks for all input.Attachment 48522

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove a Grohe kitchen faucet [ 20 Answers ]

I'm replacing our kitchen sink. It has a Grohe Lady Lux faucet that I'd like to reuse. Can anyone tell me how to get it out of the sink? From what I can see (the sink is out) there's a horse shoe shaped nut on the bottom but turning it will damage the supply lines coming from the faucet. ...

How can I fix my kitchen faucet ? My faucet spout came a loose at the base. [ 1 Answers ]

My faucet spout became very hard to push from left to right. I tried to push it ,when came aloose from the base.

How do I remove just the handspray unit from a grohe kitchen faucet? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a replacement for my Grohe Ladylux Plus handspray (attached to the end of the pull-out hose). Do I simply unscrew the old one from the end of the hose?

How do you remove the Handle from a Grohe Lady Lux Kitchen Faucet? I have included a [ 3 Answers ]

http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/33759g A link to a picture of the faucet above.

View more questions Search