Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcbenson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 10:13 AM
    What would taxes be on a 2,500,000 inheritance from my mother-in-law
    My mother-in-law is leaving a 2,500,000 inheritance, to be divided between two sons. What would be the estate tax? The state tax? The federal tax? Both sons are at the highest tax bracket.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbenson View Post
    My mother-in-law is leaving a 2,500,000 inheritance, to be divided between two sons. What would be the estate tax? The state tax? the federal tax? Both sons are at the highest tax bracket.
    Well, Taxes are real High in the United Kingdom... Are we Talking Pounds Sterling, Euros, Pesos, Dollars, Rupies or what? And where would this be? You left those key details out and none of us can guess what they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on inheritance apply to decedent's state law or beneficiary's state law [ 1 Answers ]

I have received several distribution's from my father's estate - life insurance, my share of an annuity, my share of sale of a vehicle and other equipment, and my share of a CD rolled over into the estate account. Since my father died in Kentucky, and I live in Iowa, which states's laws apply when...

Assets 23,000, liability 11,000, retained earn-4,500, what is capital stock [ 6 Answers ]

In the expanded accounting equation, if assets aqre 23,000, liabailities 11,000, retained earnings are 4,500, how much is capital stock, and how do you compute the answer?

Do I pay taxes on inheritance from my mother [ 11 Answers ]

My mother just passed away and leave me 200,000 dollars from her investments, do I pay taxes.

500,000 after taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Thinking Of Going On Big Brother And Just Curious If I Was To Win 500,000 How Much Could I Actually Walk Away With?

View more questions Search