Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2016, 02:17 PM
    Can you tell me about numb chin syndrome?
    Female age: 18 Height: 5'2" Weight: 122 Feeling numbness in cheeks, chin, lower lip, and sometimes tongue on both sides of the face. Face feels droopy. Capable of smiling, but it is uncomfortable. Sensation has been occurring for around three months. Started out as something that comes and goes; past week numbness has been constant. Two visits to the ER couple weeks apart. Second time was due to being unable to open mouth. Doctors drew blood, but found nothing wrong (not exactly sure what they tested). While researching to find a way to explain what has been going on in better detail, I read about numb chin syndrome. I would like to know more about numb chin syndrome and if that could possibly be what I am experiencing.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 6, 2016, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liese View Post
    Female age: 18 Height: 5'2" Weight: 122 Feeling numbness in cheeks, chin, lower lip, and sometimes tongue on both sides of the face. Face feels droopy. Capable of smiling, but it is uncomfortable. Sensation has been occurring for around three months. Started out as something that comes and goes; past week numbness has been constant. Two visits to the ER couple weeks apart. Second time was due to being unable to open mouth. Doctors drew blood, but found nothing wrong (not exactly sure what they tested). While researching to find a way to explain what has been going on in better detail, I read about numb chin syndrome. I would like to know more about numb chin syndrome and if that could possibly be what I am experiencing.
    Hi!

Most times when you're feeling number, musclular weakness, or pins & needles in a certain area of your body, it is because of a nerve issue.

I don't know, nor will anyone here know, what is causing it or what is going on. You've gone to the doctor and I think they're just starting their investigations into your condition. I would, if you have a chance, get referred to a Neurologist as quickly as possible. They might have a better insight into your condition.

Self-diagnosing online will lead ot nothing but unwarranted fear and large amounts of concern. Let a medical professional diagnose and treat you. Your job is finding the right Doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chin ups [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 30 year old male (67 kgs not overweight for 5'9" height). I recently tried to do chin ups for the first time. I could not lift myself up even once :( . I found this surprising (shameful rather) because even small kids were going up and down 10 - 15 times on each trial :-[. How can I...

Something is on my chin. [ 2 Answers ]

SOmething is on my chin. About a year ago I thought I had a really bad breakout but it never went away... It looks like flat worts on my chin. They get better and worse but are always there. Is this something I should be concerned with. I googled it and it told me that they would go away on its...

Double chin! [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I weigh 100pounds and I'm still young, 14 yrs old and I've already got double chin. I didn't have a double chin when I was younger, but now I've got one. Any suggestions on what to do to remove my double chin? :eek:

Itchy chin [ 1 Answers ]

My border collie has been scratching under his chin so much that it bleeds. He's never had any health problems, but I have noticed lately that he is not interested in his food and wonder if maybe he has an allergy to it. I don't know if I should change is food or take him to the vet. Thanks!...

View more questions Search