Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Are you, or will you be, vaccinated against Covid-19 ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

0 0%
  • Yes

9 100.00%
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 02:24 AM
    Why Are So Many Refusing Vaccination?
    Their refusal is the only thing preventing the end of the Covid pandemic in the US.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:07 AM
    Their refusal is the only thing preventing the end of the Covid pandemic in the US.
    It is not that simple . The virus seems to mutate at a high rate . The vaccine does not prevent all infections or transmissions. Epidemiologists in 28 countries predict that the vaccines will be obsolete in a year .
    Two-thirds of epidemiologists warn mutations could render current COVID vaccines ineffective in a year or less | Oxfam International

The incubator for the virus is in the developing world ;not the US . Delta and Lambda did not develop here . But here is where they landed and will land (Lambda aided by the Dem open border policy.)

The fight has to be at the source . So if anything the emphasis of vaccine distribution should be in the developing world . Also a new emphasis should be placed on treatments along with vaccines and boosters .

This virus is endemic similar to the flu and common cold and humans will have to adapt to that reality .
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It is not that simple
    Yeah, it's pretty simple.

The vaccine does not prevent all infections or transmissions.
    The vaccine prevents 96% of the Delta variant. Not having a vaccine prevents ZERO infections.

The incubator for the virus is in the developing world ;not the US
    The infection rate is higher in the US than in any other country.

Lambda aided by the Dem open border policy.
    White Republicans make up the largest demographic of people in the U.S. who remain vaccine-avoiders with 53% saying they were not getting the vaccine. Democrats who have received the vaccine are 88%, far higher than Republicans.

The fight has to be at the source . So if anything the emphasis of vaccine distribution should be in the developing world
    The fight is here and NOW. The possibility of a huge surge is looming, and will happen unless the vaccination rate accelerates. The emphasis for the US is in the US.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 09:39 AM
    You'll be forever chasing your tail . The Delta ravaged India and other nations well before it came here . Vaccine protection remains very strong against severe disease and hospitalizations. But evidence is mounting that the Delta variant is capable of infecting fully vaccinated people at a greater rate than previous versions, and concerns have been raised that they may even spread the virus. You know this is true . Why would they not exclude the vaccinated from the mask mandates if vaxed people can't get it ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:00 PM
    The virus doesn't discriminate, what vaccination does is lessen the chances you will die from it
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:05 PM
    what vaccination does is lessen the chances you will die from it
    That's true, but it's also true that the vaccines are very effective in preventing Covid. Not 100% by any means, but still very effective.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 07:09 PM
    It doesn't prevent it with all variants, who knows with your attitude you might have it now
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2021, 07:25 PM
    Very few things work all the time.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2021, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Very few things work all the time.
    So let's make sure things don't work all the time.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 09:09 PM
    You'll be forever chasing your tail . The Delta ravaged India and other nations well before it came here . Vaccine protection remains very strong against severe disease and hospitalizations. But evidence is mounting that the Delta variant is capable of infecting fully vaccinated people at a greater rate than previous versions, and concerns have been raised that they may even spread the virus. You know this is true . Why would they not exclude the vaccinated from the mask mandates if vaxed people can't get it ?
    You're complicating something that is very simple.

GET VACCINATED AND SAVE LIVES AND DEFEAT THE COVID EPIDEMIC IN THE US.

The vaccines are not the problem. The problem is those who won't get vaccinated. Republicans are the largest group refusing vaccination. They are politicizing a deadly disease that should never be politicized.

Masks are required because the unvaccinated can't be trusted to not wear them. The arguments about liberty and freedom are total nonsense. The non-vaccinated do NOT have the freedom to injure and possibly kill others.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2021, 03:52 AM
    Since the vaccine seems to be effective, then the only people the non-vaxed are putting at risk are others who are non-vaxed. So if they choose to not take the vaccine, how is that anyone's business but their own?

I would encourage anyone over forty to take the vaccine, but I would not support the government forcing people to take it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2021, 04:17 AM
    You're complicating something that is very simple.
    No i am being a realist ;and the science backs that up

The coronavirus is here to stay — here’s what that means (nature.com)

From pandemic to endemic: COVID-19 could be around forever, professor says | CBS 17

Here's the good news . As more people get it ; herd immunity kicks in and it will become a less potent illness.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2021, 04:33 AM
    Tom has a good point. This is something we are going to have to learn to live with. Already the death rate for infected people is much lower as more is learned about how to manage treatment. For otherwise healthy people under forty, the death rate is very, very low. In South Dakota, as has been already pointed out, the death rate has been zero for the past several weeks, so panicking would seem unwise. A great number of early deaths occurred in nursing homes and among the elderly, most of whom are now, I would think, vaccinated.

The great danger we currently face is out of control government spending and fiscal policies.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...risk-estimator
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2021, 11:32 AM
    No i am being a realist ;and the science backs that up
    What the science backs up is GET THE DAMN VACCINE.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2021, 08:21 PM
    Yes not the complete answer, but any port in a storm
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jul 31, 2021, 11:01 AM
    They are refusing because unfortunately they are extremely vulnerable and they believe everything negative thing which is said about the vaccines, no matter who produces them.

There are a very few people who suffer side effects from the vaccine and I'm afraid that a very few have died but when we consider the millions upon millions worldwide who have had the vaccine and suffered absolutely no problems I believe those
    people who won't have the vaccine should realise that the possibility of dying from the vaccine are millions to one.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 11:54 AM
    and yet I know people who have had mRNA vaccines who have had horrible side effects ;both short term and long term. I know one person who received the DTP as a child who had to be put in a bath of ice to reduce the fever . I know another person who has suffered for over 2 years from side effects from the tetanus mRNA vaccine . Doctors quick conclusion is that it is all in their head.

My point for a long time is that covid 19 as a coronavirus is going to be endemic and we will be dealing with new strains for some time . Some of the strains will be vaccine resistant . Delta may be one in that it doesn't protect against either infection or transmission. What the vaccine probably does is reduce the severity of the infection .
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 12:52 PM
    DTP has a mRNA vaccine?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 01:18 PM
    and yet I know people who have had mRNA vaccines who have had horrible side effects ;both short term and long term. I know one person who received the DTP as a child who had to be put in a bath of ice to reduce the fever . I know another person who has suffered for over 2 years from side effects from the tetanus mRNA vaccine . Doctors quick conclusion is that it is all in their head.
    So we should follow your anecdotes rather than the science? Gimme a break.

My point for a long time is that covid 19 as a coronavirus is going to be endemic and we will be dealing with new strains for some time
    Your point is pointless! Everything you have said on these pages serves nothing but purely political purposes.

The vaccine will enormously reduce the pandemic - that is not in dispute. So GET THE DAMN VACCINE and stop lobbying against it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is refusing to confirm Gorsuch the same as REFUSING to meet with Garland??? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello: Left wingers certainly think so. excon

Tdap vaccination [ 0 Answers ]

My immunization clinic gave me a tdap vaccination today. When I got home, I was reviewing my shot record and realized that I received the same vaccine two years ago. The recommended interval is 10 years. Should I be concerned?

Is it OK to have a flu vaccination while breastfeeding [ 1 Answers ]

There will be a general checkup for tomorrow and each one should have a flu vaccination I'm a breast feeding mother so I'm worried that it could might affect my baby.. is it OK to have a vaccination...

Vaccination [ 1 Answers ]

My son received a vaccination when he was about 1 1/2 the nurse had mentioned to me that some parents think the shot leaves a mark that resembles a freckle on the skin. She assured me that it doesn't, but sure enough there it was. It grows as he grows and everything. Why did the vaccination give...

Chicken Pox and the Vaccination? [ 2 Answers ]

My son who is 14 1/2 months had what looked like the chicken pox about 3 weeks ago. I took him to the Emergency room and the Doctor there simply looked at them and said it was chicken pox. No blood work was done to confirm. I took him into get his shots and one of them was the Chicken Pox...

View more questions Search