Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howwever412 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
    Can't answer this question, please I need help!
    Holiday Company issued its 9 %, 25-year mortgage bonds in the principal amount of $ 3,153,000 on January 2, 1998, at a discount of $ 163,000 , which it proceeded to amortize by charges to expense over the life of the issue on a straight-line basis. The indenture securing the issue provided that the bonds could be called for redemption in total but not in part at any time before maturity at 106 % of the principal amount, but it did not provide for any sinking fund.

On December 18, 2012, the company issued its 11 %, 20-year debenture bonds in the principal amount of $ 4,108,000 at 103 , and the proceeds were used to redeem the 9 %, 25-year mortgage bonds on January 2, 2013. The indenture securing the new issue did not provide for any sinking fund or for retirement before maturity.

(a) Prepare journal entries to record the issuance of (1) the 11 % bonds and (2) the retirement of the 9 % bonds
    Jackie B Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Now how are you ever going to learn if you get the answers to assignments from us? I urge you to sit down and look at your book for the answer. It is there for you to figure out. Good luck!
    KenH Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2013, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie B View Post
    now how are you ever going to learn if you get the answers to assignments from us? I urge you to sit down and look at your book for the answer. It is there for you to figure out. Good luck!
    My exact thoughts, Jackie! Good for you. This person must not have read today's news about the Harvard kids getting expelled for cheating. Howwever412: you might have had better luck breaking the assignment down into little parts (questions). Like just asking about the redemption clause of the first bonds (assuming you can at least figure out the straight-line amortization)! :)
    howwever412 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    My exact thoughts, Jackie! Good for you. This person must not have read today's news about the Harvard kids getting expelled for cheating. Howwever412: you might have had better luck breaking the assignment down into little parts (questions). Like just asking about the redemption clause of the first bonds (assuming you can at least figure out the straight-line amortization)! :)
    For both of you. I didn't ask you to do it. I asked for help, so stop advising. I know what I am doing.
    Jackie B Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2013, 02:14 PM
    howwever412: my computer shut suddenly while I was responding to your last post. I sense that my and KenH's posts somehow upset you. I'm sorry for that, however you can't have it both ways-you said you didn't ask for us to do your problem, only for help? Get honest with yourself. At the risk of being accused of advising, you might ask your school or institution for a tutor or mentor to help you? It might help you to get over your hurdle, although good study habits wouldn't hurt either. I only speak from many years' experience, and sincerely hope you take this with a positive attitude. I have nothing to gain, except hope you will be helped.
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Feb 28, 2013, 02:42 PM
    There is a difference between helping someone and doing their homework.

I don't mind doing the first , I won't do the latter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Physics question... with answer, yet I don't know how to get the answer. [ 2 Answers ]

In order to qualify for the finals in a racing event, a car must achieve an average speed of 270 Km/h on a track with a total length of 1410 m. If a particular car covers the first half of the track at an average speed of 232 km/h, what minimum average speed must it have in the second half of the...

View more questions Search