Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ppickard Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Workers Comp and retirement
    In North Carolina are you entitled to continued medical bills on Workers Comp. once you retire from Local Gov. Job. I know that my injury was prior to the law change that you are only covered for two years. I was told that my medical would be covered as long as I was under a doctor's care, but I don't know if I retire if I am still entitled because I will likely need medication for life.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ppickard View Post
    In North Carolina are you entitled to continued medical bills on Workers Comp. once you retire from Local Gov. Job. I know that my injury was prior to the law change that you are only covered for two years. I was told that my medical would be covered as long as I was under a doctor's care, but I don't know if I retire if I am still entitled because I will likely need medication for life.

This is one of those life-changing questions that can only be properly answered by an Attorney in your State, familiar with all of the aspects of your situation.

Even after researching this I would be very reluctant to answer for exactly that reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers comp taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Do I claim taxes for workers comp benefits paid to me for 10 months in 2008?

Employement law & Workers Comp [ 5 Answers ]

I have a workers comp injury for which I just had surgery. I am back at work and am a salaried employee for an insurance company that employees 4,000 people in diff parts of CA. I am doing my job fine but my injury has not been cured totally ( living & working with pain/discomfort). So, workers...

CA Workers Comp writ [ 4 Answers ]

I was just told the California workers comp board denied their appeal yet now I must wait for my award until they file a writ. What is this all about?? It has been years already! :eek:

Workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

Who do I contact to get a policy with work comp insurance in North carolina?

Should workers comp have to pay? [ 1 Answers ]

Back on July 14 2006 my boss's dog attacked and bit me in the face. It took 40+ stichs to patch it up. Have been on disability for the time however the dog owner refused to pay bills stated it was work related. My Dr. says he does not want me to go back till I see a Psychologist and plastic...

View more questions Search