Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earthwood Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 06:51 PM
    How long can the emergency heat run on a heat pump?
    How long can the emergency heat function run on a heat pump when the need occours?

Feb 4, 2010, 06:54 PM
    How long can the emergency heat run on a heat pump?
    What's the best way to cover and protect a heat pump from heavy snow and ice and still allow it to work properly?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Forever on th run time.

It is best not to cover the outdoor unit but if you must then the cover must be high and away from the top of the unit.

Feb 4, 2010, 07:05 PM
    What's the best way to cover and protect a heat pump from heavy snow and ice ?
    Is there anything to do to protect a heat pump during a snow storm, can a heat pump have a roof or some other protection?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwood View Post
    is there anything to do to protect a heat pump during a snow storm, can a heat pump have a roof or some other protection?

It is best not to cover the outdoor unit but if you must then the cover must be high and away from the top of the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump VS Emergency Heat [ 2 Answers ]

My 15 year old heat pump runs continually, but if I turn it to emergency heat it runs a lot less, plus there is heat coming out of the vents. It seems to me it would be cheaper to run in emergency mode. It seems to run A lot less (blower). Can someone tell me if it saves money in emergency mode,...

Will a digital thermostat on emergency heat run up the power bill? [ 1 Answers ]

Should my thermostat be set on emergency heat?

Is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the thermostat for my heat pump the one I've got seems to be running the emergency heat only. All wires were connected as they were in the old one. Is regular heat and emergency heat considered multi-stage? If so, I need another thermostat... please advise.

Why would my heat pump run all day without bring up the heat in my house? [ 2 Answers ]

Why would my heat pump take a long time to heat my house

Heat Pump - Emergency Heat [ 2 Answers ]

My heat pump keeps changing itself to the aux heat. Can you tell me why it is doing this and how I can prevent it from doing it.

View more questions Search