Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2009, 08:18 PM
    gromitt82,
    As you say it is possible.
    I'm open to any ideas on what heaven is like and what we will be like when there.
    I just offered my thoughts on what I (at the moment) think about that.
    Thanks for yours,
    Fred
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Nov 3, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    gromitt82,
    As you say it is possible.
    I'm open to any ideas on what heaven is like and what we will be like when there.
    I just offered my thoughts on what I (at the moment) think about that.
    Thanks for yours,
    Fred
    The point is that we might be talking about Heaven for ages and we would not probably get any nearer than what we are now of the truth.

I am convinced that even the most learned theologians have no idea whatsoever as to what Heaven is like. I guess it is the kind of destination they will only find out what it looks like (those who deserve to go there, of course) until our time has come.

I suppose that our own expectations and hopes induce us to prefer and share a certain criteria. In my case, for instance, I share the concept that Heaven is being able to see GOD at long last.

When St. John was in Patmos he had a dream he refers to in his Revelation, where an angel tols him that Heaven would be Zion. And he describes the size of Zion or New Jerusalam or Heaven as being 12,000 acres long and 12,000 acres Wide and 12,000 acres High.

Which, as you can imagine, it is just another idea quite adapted, however, to the time when John wrote about it.

Best regards,
    Gromitt82
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 10:13 PM
    gromitt82 ,
    Yes it is another idea and unlike the one which suggests that heaven is strictly spiritual.
    Fred

Nov 4, 2009, 09:58 AM
    gromitt82 ,
    Yes it is another idea and unlike the one which suggests that heaven is strictly spiritual.
    Fred

Absolutely. As I said there are lots of explanations but nobody knows for sure. It is beyond our capacity of comprehension. When we hear the scientists speaking about the size of our known Universe and saying it may have 160 billion light-tears wide our mind boggles, as you say.

Where could the Heaven be located if having a pfysical strcture?

Maybe in some kind of parallel Universe? Or in another dimension? Who knows? And. On the other hand, who cares? The important thing, I guess, is that those that follow Jesus' message and walk the line as He told us to, have been promised to enjoy one day this unknown Kingdom where we shall find the explanation to all the question marks that afflict us down here.

God bless,
    Gromitt82
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 09:14 PM
    gromitt82,
    I think that I must wait till I know for sure where heaven is and what it looks like.
    That's something really worth waiting for.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Nov 10, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Read Revelation chapter 21 & 22 It has a lot to say about heaven.
    Read it, it is truth, if you can't understand it in your bible, get an easy reading
    Bible and read it.
    Blessings, Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Maggie 3,
    What you have found in Scripture about what heaven looks like is good, but what of those descriptions are really spiritual like the hand of God which is spiritual.
    Perhaps they are descriptions of things glorified like our heavenly bodies will be after we pass over.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Nov 12, 2009, 04:59 PM

Fred, I think we have been given a little taste
    Of what heaven will be like in our spiritual glorified bodies when the time comes for us to be there.
    Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 10:53 PM
    THANKS Maggie 3
    Fred
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stan200 View Post
    I think heaven will be infinitely better beyond our wildest dreams. We'll be experiencing eternal peace & enjoy with God. The kingdom of heaven is in a spiritual dimension. It's not a physical location.

Heaven will be a place where we will certainly live out our talents & gifts. I don't believe there will be a need for school in heaven. No military necessary. No law enforcement. No hospitals. There will be no need for work.

Mankind was created to enjoy God & His creation. Before the fall there was no need for work. Heaven will be a place where we understand more about the divine powers God has placed within us. We won't be bound by time & space. We'll be able to fly in our glorified bodies. We'll be able to speak things into existence.

We may even have food in heaven but we won't need it to survive. God gave us food here to enjoy so it's not out of the question we'll have food to enjoy in heaven too. Beyond that who knows what wonders God has to show us for all eternity? We'll never get bored.
    So it's all that and then some, but you don't want to go?

Make up your mind.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...en-415551.html
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Stan20,
    Thanks for you view of heaven.
    I do think that God will have things for us to do, but what they are is a mystery to me right now.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Pets Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 11:15 PM
    stan20,
    Thanks for you view of heaven.
    I do think that God will have things for us to do, but what they are is a mystery to me right now.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Arcura, read Stans other thread. He's not sure that heaven exists, and if it does, he doesn't want to go there. He'd rather just sleep.

I posted the link in my previous post.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Altenweg,
    What make you think that stan200 does not want to go to heaven?
    Fred
    Pets Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 11:20 PM

The link I posted Arcura.

This is a direct quote;

I am a Christian. I accepted Christ as my Savior back in 1998. Lately like over the summer I've lost the desire to go to heaven when I die. I'm beginning to even doubt there is a heaven but if there is one I don't want to go.

If it was up to me I'd like to just be put to sleep forever. Can a Christian lose his salvation if he decides during his life that he does not want to go to heaven?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:47 PM
    Altenweg,
    I think we were posting at almost the same time.
    Immediately after I asked my question I got your message to me.
    Thanks,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 11:46 AM

Jade,

The bible doesn't say too much about what heaven will look like.. we are told there is a street of gold like pure glass and precious stones. In fact we aren't even told really told to look forward to heaven... we are always told we will be with the LORD. Paul says for the Christian to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. The Lord himself told the thief that hung on the cross... today thou shalt be with ME in paradise. So I guess my point is... who cares what heaven will look like? We won't... not with the LORD JESUS there... no way, no how! He is ALL we are going to be interested in. and... whatever the Lord has in store of us... psst... we won't be disappointed. ;)
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Classy,
    Excellent point, well made.
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:49 PM

Fred,

Thanks! :)

Nov 19, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    Read Revelation chapter 21 & 22 It has a lot to say about heaven.
    Read it, it is truth, if you can't understand it in your bible, get an easy reading
    bible and read it.
    Blessings, Maggie 3

I naturally respect your ideas about Heaven or rather St. John’s description in the Book of Revelation, chapters 21 and 22.
    The difference between how I believe you – and St. John - look at this matter lies on the fact that you seem to consider God as a physical entity whereas I can only imagine God as a spiritual unit that embrace and surround the entire Universe.
    Evidently, if St. John or anybody else have had any vision of God during their living existence it must have been in the appearance of something resembling a form they were able to understand or absorb. This was probably the case with Moses at the Sinai.
    But this is only because our intelligence and capacity of understanding and comprehension is so limited that we can only assume earthly bodies.
    But even with our limited intellect we should be able to understand that God must necessarily be something else, something like a tremendous spiritual power in order to have been able to build the Universe.
    Otherwise, it would be kind of hard to imagine a nice and white bearded old man sitting in his Celestial Throne and greeting with friendly pats on the head all newcomers...
    Of course, “God’s dwelling is with the human race” (Rev. 21:3). With the human race and with every other races that may exist in our Universe. Living beings are probably God’s second chef d’ouvre, his first “magnum opus” being, no doubt, our Universe. Because God embraces and surround all of us, as I said before.
    But we must also bear in mind when St. John wrote this Book. He uses a considerable amount of representation so make his writing understandable to those who were supposed to rea dit, i.e. people of his time.

For instance, when he writes “I am the Alpha and the Omega” (Rev. 21:6) he is alluding to a figure of speech very understandable for those who spoke Greek. But not real! For God is eternal, which mean God has no beginning and no end. Alpha is the beginning of the Greek alphabet and Omega the end. Similarly, the “burning pool of fire and sulfur, which is the second death." (Rev. 21:8) is a very graphic way of referring to the suffering implied in realizing what God is like but not being able to share God’s glory.

In describing the city of Jerusalem descending from Heaven John is only alluding to the Israelites. (Rev. 21:12-24). John could hardly refer to other people he had no notion of. He only says that “the nations will walk by its light”

Going by this description more or less literally, we should have to imagine that, at least, part of Heaven would be in the new Jerusalem.

In his Book, Johm gives us to understand that the end of time, or the Second Coming is about to happen: "Behold, I am coming soon." (Rev.
    22: 7) - “the appointed time 7 is near” (22:10).
    But, so far the Parousia seems to be far away, no matter what many believe...

(Rev. 22:19) “and if anyone takes away from the words in this prophetic book, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in this book”.

I’m, of course, not disputing the truthness of this prophecy. I’m just interpreting in the light of what St. John would probably write if he had to write his Book now.

To sum it up, I do not see here any explanation of what Heaven is like or of Heaven location.
    Gromitt82
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 06:14 PM
    gromitt82,
    I agree with you on that.
    Notice the many old paintings which depict God in human form.
    One of the most famous is very big on the celeing of the chaple in Rome.
    Also I do believe that When God says the He is the beginning and the end I believe it to be of something like the universe or creation but not of Him.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get into Heaven? [ 8 Answers ]

The other day my 8 year old asked me if she had to be baptised to get into heaven. This question totally took me by surprise. Although I believe in God, I honestly do not know the answer to this question. I became baptised when this child was in my belly. Does that mean she was baptised then too? I...

WHEN you get to heaven [ 11 Answers ]

How old will you be in heaven?

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

Heaven [ 1 Answers ]

According to the Bible, in Heaven the saints will praise God for all his glory forever and ever. This does not sound like my idea of Heaven!! Standing around singing God's praises for the rest of eternity sounds, in fact, like nothing more than a super-big ego trip for God. If that is so, then...

View more questions Search