Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Dec 12, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Need opinions!While typing an email, it suddenly stops and gets saved into Drafts
    Can anyone help me with any easy advice as I am self taught and basically just know how to surf... I have a Mac osx and if I am typing an email while in hotmail, for instance, suddenly:eek: after about 30 seconds it cuts off :(and gets saved in Drafts... every single time! Also, it happens in other email providers. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!:confused:
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 09:35 AM

Most all email providers now save your message to drafts on purpose. This is to protect you from accidents. Say you lost power, or your computer blew up: you would still have a working copy available from the last draft save, rather than having to start all over.

Generally, it doesn't cut you off. What usually happens, is your page will freeze up for about 3 seconds and the cursor will start blinking again. Depending on the type of internet speed you have, and the web browser you are using, this time can vary. In some instances I've had to re-click onto the text box in order to resume typing every time an auto draft was saved.

Dec 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    Most all email providers now save your message to drafts on purpose. This is to protect you from accidents. Say you lost power, or your computer blew up: you would still have a working copy available from the last draft save, rather than having to start all over.

Generally, it doesn't cut you off. What usually happens, is your page will freeze up for about 3 seconds and the cursor will start blinking again. Depending on the type of internet speed you have, and the web browser you are using, this time can vary. In some instances I've had to re-click onto the text box in order to resume typing every time an auto draft was saved.
    Thank you for your reply, but I still am in the same predicament :(

Also... can you please explain further:
    "I've had to re-click onto the text box":confused::confused:...
    In order to resume typing every time an auto draft was saved

HOW... what do you mean onto the "text box"?
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 10:07 AM

You can click onto various parts of the page in order to activate them. So places on the page are designed to be typed in... for instance the one I am typing in now, a login/password form. They are all text boxes. Sometimes when the auto draft is saved it makes the text box inactive. That means the browser doesn't know what to do with your text as you type, so it does nothing. If you click within the text box, preferably somewhere after where you left off, it usually allows you to resume typing.

Dec 13, 2009, 11:49 AM
    You can click onto various parts of the page in order to activate them. So places on the page are designed to be typed in...for instance the one I am typing in now, a login/password form. They are all text boxes. Sometimes when the auto draft is saved it makes the text box inactive. That means the browser doesn't know what to do with your text as you type, so it does nothing. If you click within the text box, preferably somewhere after where you left off, it usually allows you to resume typing.
    Thank you for your reply.
    I followed your advice and tried this but unfortunately, it is still jumping into drafts after typing 30 seconds:eek:
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 11:58 AM

Try clicking on your drafts folder and then finishing it from there. Usually there is an edit button you can select while viewing your drafts.

Dec 13, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Try clicking on your drafts folder and then finishing it from there. Usually there is an edit button you can select while viewing your drafts.
    That is what I have to do as I have no choice! But after I go into drafts and select the email that I was writing, I begin typing again and then AGAIN after thirty seconds it jumps back into drafts :mad::eek::(:confused:
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 01:00 PM

Ahh... ok. Which browser are you using in Mac... safari?

Dec 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Ahh...ok. Which browser are you using in Mac...safari?
    Yes Safari... and for past several months have been having assorted ongoing internet "issues"/service :( with provider (Sympatico - part of Bell Canada) which are still in need of being straightened out. (I think that they are better with those who do not have a Mac!) Do you think it could be related to the provider?
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 11:10 PM
    I am not sure. It seems unlikely that the provider is actually the cause of page problems. I would presume that it was the site before you said you have the same trouble with other emails. I would suggest you try another browser at this point. I know you can get Firefox for mac.

http://www.mozilla.org/firefox

I am not a huge user of mac. There may a setting inside Safari that is controlling this behavior, or it could be a bug.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Router:sometimes work and stops suddenly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm Ahmad Abdallah I have a D-link Router Di-524 and it is not working properly :( The problem is... sometimes it works and sometimes stopes suddenly don't know why :( And the time in it can't be up to date is has a range from 2002 to 2007, Hope you help me :( Thanks with all my respect...

Are deleted emails saved by email companies for law enforcement or civil law [ 5 Answers ]

I heard that Google keeps your searches (by IP address) for six months or more, Microsoft a year and a half! So I got to thinking about emails. Text is trivially small to store and never delete. And with memory only becoming cheaper and more expansive, the downside for keeping information will...

Not yet divorced, dad suddenly stops calling kids [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for divorce from husband 1 1/2 yrs ago, very ugly divorce and still pending. He is normally fighting me for every minute of time with our 3 children that he can get. He usually calls a few times a week. (They live with me) He missed his last visitation and now hasn't had contact with the...

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

Sending saved pics in email [ 2 Answers ]

I have pictures saved in (my documents) that I would like to forward to my cousin. I can't figure out how to send more than one at a time in an email. I have outlook express 6. I am totally lost, and would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

View more questions Search