Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2019, 07:41 PM
    Tankers in the gulf
    Here we have the possibility of a false flag event, it would seem the tankers might have been attacked with mines, and there appears to be video of an "Iranian special forces team. various reports have suggested a shell, or torpedos. This is what the Trump administration wants; a justification for war. Can't get what you want with sanctions, try gun boat diplomacy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2019, 07:45 PM
    Plus he has to divert our attention again.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2019, 08:50 PM
    Take off your tin foil hat and don't be ridiculous . Trump is as odds with hardliners in his administration like Bolton over Iranian policy .He
    is instinctively wary of military adventures and has never demonstrated a shoot first mentality .
    Now me ;I would do another Operation Earnest Will all over their sorry a$$es But even though it is more than justified ; I am sure that will be the last option for this President .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2019, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Take off your tin foil hat and don't be ridiculous . Trump is as odds with hardliners in his administration like Bolton over Iranian policy .He
    is instinctively wary of military adventures and has never demonstrated a shoot first mentality .
    Now me ;I would do another Operation Earnest Will all over their sorry a$$es But even though it is more than justified ; I am sure that will be the last option for this President .
    Maybe his bone spurs still hurt.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2019, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Maybe his bone spurs still hurt.
    This week many things have hurt, but, through the halo of pain and discomfort, what did I see. Trump successfully bluffing Mexico and Iran not giving in. Tom may think I wear a tin foil hat but nothing can keep the crap out
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 14, 2019, 09:43 PM
    Could be cause for real concern here.

I think we forgot who we are dealing with. Obama should have never opened the door...blame it on him.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 01:27 AM
    There is NO evidence of a "false flag" /"wag the dog" scenario The video released is the smoking gun .Iranians were sent to recover an unexploded limpet mine .Had others gotten to it first the forensic fingerprints would've pointed directly at Iran. This is not the first attack in recent weeks and the US did not point an accusing finger until the evidence made it clear who the attackers were .

Besides what would Trump need a distraction from ?Sarah Sanders resigning ? He was exonerated by Mueller . The Dems are grasping at straws trying to find anything that would justify credible claims to proceed with impeachment hearings .There has been no crisis that he hasn't weathered .

Trump did not call for a military response . He called for direct negotiations with Iran. I thought that's what all wanted ...jaw jaw instead of war war .
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 05:22 AM
    maybe the Houthi rebel attack on the Saudi airport using an Iraninan supplied missile was also a US false flag operation .
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/middl...ntl/index.html
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 08:31 AM
    I would be very cautious of getting to caught up in the Saudi/Iran dispute which has been going on for a few decades now. Let them fight their own battles. Didn't learn a darn thing from Iraq did you? Well now why would you listen to another dufus an his sycophants now?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 09:12 AM
    Haven't we gone through something like this before with war criminals Bush, Cheney, Powell and Tenet? At least Powell had the decency to say he was wrong.

By now we know Trump will say and do anything to get re-elected - even a "false war".
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 10:43 AM
    let me repeat myself ;Trump is even more reluctant to get us into wars than the emperor was (who btw let Evita get us in a war in Libya under false premises).

My opinion on this differs from Trump because I know for a fact that Iran has waged war with us since 1979.I know that Iran is the lead sponsor of global terrorism . I know that Iran arms are being used by proxy rebels throughout the ummah . I know that Iran sends arms to terrorists all over the world .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...es-north-west/

And I know that the emperor blocked a DEA program in central America that targeted Iranian proxies because he thought it would help him get his nuclear deal with Iran . Hezbollah and the IRGC have been active in Central America for years
    https://londoncenter.org/iran-in-lat...o-confront-it/

If it were up to me he would get much tougher on Iran . As it is now Trump will only tighten economic sanctions and try to build an international coalition to join him in that effort .

Let me ask then..... If Iran makes repeated attempts to shut down the straits of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman ,as they have repeatedly threatened ,what action do you think would be appropriate ? Me ;I'd sink the Iranian navy and obliterate every port of entry in Iran .
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 10:54 AM
    How very John Paul Jones of you
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 11:07 AM
    Selling nukes to the Saudis after pulling out of the Iran deal doesn't make friends with the ones still in the deal and as that falls apart all those allies you blasted you will need to build a coalition all over again. You are correct that Iran has ties in many continents, but serving the Saudis isn't a great idea. and Vlad waits in the wings to pick up any slack he sees.

I see many expensive skirmishes coming soon, and sad to say only a fool follows the dufus, but he has the repubs by the short hairs right now.

Jun 15, 2019, 11:29 AM
    Let them fight their own battles
    They are fighting their own battles.
    Well now why would you listen to another dufus an his sycophants now?
    There are always people in the world that know what's up, we just have trouble figuring out who to listen to.

only a fool follows the dufus,
    Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.

Haven't we gone through something like this before with war criminals Bush, Cheney, Powell and Tenet? At least Powell had the decency to say he was wrong.
    This is not a peace. It is an armistice for 16 years.

Obviously this appears to be no big deal to some of you, Oh Trump is at it again...Cant allow him to take our focus off the bigger picture. War pfft! Just a fabrication.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 11:36 AM
    The coalition building is his business. I'm with the hardliners in the adminstration .

Why should the Saudis not have nukes ? The Iran deal was not stopping them from development . The Iranians should've been given an ultimatum ;not $billions .

Non-proliferation as a concept is dead . If the Saudis don't get the technology from us ,they will get it from Pakistan. If Iran does not stop their development then the only policy left will be mutually assured destruction.
    Expert

Jun 15, 2019, 03:36 PM
    Nukes isn't like selling guns to tribesmen. It's a big deal to all the neighbors including some of our allies. You remember India and Pakistan nuke rattling a few years ago?

Jun 15, 2019, 05:48 PM
    and sad to say only a fool follows the dufus
    Perhaps he is a fool or a Liar but almost everybody is one or the other and most people are both.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 05:55 PM
    What a perfect description of yourself

Jun 15, 2019, 07:09 PM
    What a perfect description of yourself
    That's OK. isn't it?
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2019, 09:11 PM
    sure, whatever floats your boat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the Gulf BP oil leak not plugged yet? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, all. I've thought about the BP oil spill more as of late and researched it a bit too. This is the situation: There is a team of about 30 or 40 knowledgeable BP and government techs and operational people receiving ideas from the public on how to plug the well. Due to the pressure of 10's...

Nato tankers attacked [ 12 Answers ]

Now I know this isn't news but there have been 6 incidents since Pakistan closed the border crossing so one has to think the insurgents are extraordinarily well informed far from their base, and have the ability to move around freely, or there is some fiddling going on at the edges. My theory is...

Persian Gulf Oil Spill [ 4 Answers ]

I'm doing a small report on the oil spill. The persian gulf oil spill. I've a few questions. What caused the spill? What was the effect? If anyone knows, please help. Thanks.

View more questions Search