Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corylive45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Child Support judgment
    I have a question how can I ask for a dna if I'm in Ohio and she is in Michigan and also I never knew about the baby until I tried to get a loan for a house I'm 42 and she s noW a grown woman now what can I do please help or point me to the rite lawyer...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

So, are you now paying support or what?

The fact that you are in OH and she is in MI is immaterial. You hire an attorney who will work with affiliates in OH to file the appropriate paperwork to establish paternity.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post

The fact that you are in OH and she is in MI is immaterial. You hire an attorney who will work with affiliates in OH to file the appropriate paperwork to establish paternity.
    In my view paternity has been established./ probably by default, there is an existing child support order/.
    The fact he is in OH and she is in MI is material because MI is the state which have jurisdiction over the case.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
    OP never knew about the child until he applied for a loan for a house? Or he didn't know about SUPPORT until he applied for the loan? Today? Yesterday? Ten years ago?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70 View Post
    The fact he is in OH and she is in MI is material because MI is the state which have jurisdiction over the case.
    Not sure how you figure that. Of course it is possible that the original case was filed in MI and the mother moved. But we really don't know.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by corylive45 View Post
    ... i'm 42 and she s noW a grown woman ...
    If "she" is the mother (and not the child), and wasn't a grown woman back then, buying a house might be the least of his worries.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    If "she" is the mother (and not the child), and wasn't a grown woman back then, buying a house might be the least of his worries.

My smile for the day -
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
    You have not supplied enough information to even guess at a answer.

How did applying for a loan let you know you have a grown child?
    What do you want to do with a DNA test about a grown child?

But you would normally file a motion in family court where there there is other action on it, to order the DNA test

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my house be taken away by x's back child support judgment? [ 5 Answers ]

In my separation agreement my soon to be x signed over the title to the house in lieu of child support payments. At the same time his x had a judgment for back child support placed on the house. This was done days before the agreement became official. I didn't know about or I wouldn't have signed...

Money judgment/child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have been awarded a $58k money judgment as of 5/2006 for child support arrears in upstate NY. Currently, the NC is paying $78 a week which is being garnished out of his wages at that rate it will take him several years. He owns real estate property. I have a two part question here....

View more questions Search