Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferstone20 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2011, 09:22 PM
    Husband to adopt daughter
    Legal Help for Adoption Law - Husband Wants To Adopt Daughter, No Bio Dad. My husband wants to adopt my daughter. She is 3 years old.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 07:57 AM

So... you had immaculate conception? Or artificial insemination through a clinic?

If it wasn't one of those two things, your daughter has a biological father.

What's the full story?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferstone20 View Post
    Legal Help for Adoption Law - Husband Wants To Adopt Daughter, No Bio Dad. My husband wants to adopt my daughter. She is 3 years old.
    We can't help you until you first tell us where you are located. Laws vary by region and what applies in one state/country is completely inapplicable in the next.

Any legal adoption needs to take place through the courts. You'll be required to make a good faith effort to locate the biological father. Is he listed on the birth certificate? Did you try to locate him when the child was born?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    so...you had immaculate conception? Or artificial insemination through a clinic?

If it wasn't one of those two things, your daughter has a biological father.

What's the full story?
    My immediate thought when I read the opening post. Technically, with respect to AI, the sperm donor would be the bio-dad, albeit very difficult to find.

Of course there is a third possibility. He could be dead.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 08:01 PM

If you perhaps had sex with so many people we don't know who the father is. It can actually be harder than knowing who it is and serving them legal papers,

In all cases you will need an attorney to do the paper work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my daughter. In VA [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my daughter, he has been her father almost all her life. Her biological father has never been around and never signed the birth certificate. I am trying to find the steps to take to get her adopted, I will not change my last name until the adoption is final. (she has...

What does my husband need to do to adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

What does my husband need to do to adopt my daughter?

My husband wants to adopt my daughter, but [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 2 years, my baby was 10 months old when we met. The biological father's wages are garnished each week for child support, but he doesn't cover any other responsibilities like day care or medical expenses. HE only sees her for about 12 hours a month. My...

My husband wants to adopt my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the easies way for my husband to adopt my daughter? Her dad has nothing to do with her, he will sign over his rights cause he already said he would. So what is the cheapest and easiest way to do this. Thank you.

Husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and I have a two year old daurhter that's albino by a nothere man and my husband would love to asopd her. We have a nothere girl that's his and we want both of them to have to same last name. But the bad thing is I can't find my older darhters real dad but he's not on her papers...

View more questions Search