Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Russell81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Brother wants costody of younger brother
    Brother wants costody of younger brother Hi my name is Russell and I'm from Minnesota and I have a younger brother that is 15 going on 16 and wants 2 live with me how would I go about getting custody
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 12, 2008, 11:08 PM

TAlk to your parents first if they say OK it just as simple as going to court and having you named his gardian till he reaches 18... If there is a problem with your parnets meaning there not treating him right you will more then likely have to go through dshs child division they can help with every thing if they can see you're a better parnet then yours. But first things first talk to your parnets or who ever has custody of your brother...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 13, 2008, 07:40 AM

Where does he live now? Why does he want to live with you? How old are you? What is your living situation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mishelly3 View Post
    TAlk to your parents first if they say ok it jsut as simple as going to court and having you named his gardian till he reaches 18... If there is a problem with your parnets meaning there not treating him right you will more then likely have to go through dshs child divsion they can help with every thing if they can see your a better parnet then yours. But first things first talk to your parnets or who ever has custody of your brother....

Again, it is not that simple - the person wanting to have custody, be a guardian, has to be self supporting, have a place to live and be over the age of 21, plus be emotionally stable. More info is necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Younger brother jealous of older sisters boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 yr old son is very jealous of his 16 yr old sister. He came home after school one day several months ago to find his sister in her bedroom with a boy. He noticed a love bite on her neck. He was very upset and refused to speak to her for 2 weeks. My daughter was appropriately disciplined for...

Trying to get custody over younger brother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im 18 years old and I have a brother that is 15 both our mother and father is dead he is now in a program in ft. lauderdale. I want to get custody over him. Please give me advice on what to do.

Can I marry my brother in laws brother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im so confused my sister is married with a japanese guy but before getting married his brother and I wer in love wjth each other that we want to get married but my sister and his older brother got married earlier than us.. I want to know if we still can get married even his brother...

My 8 year old is hitting her older sister and younger brother [ 18 Answers ]

Please help me, I am at my wits end with my 8 year old daughter. She had been hitting my 11 year old daughter. My oldest is watching the kids after school and this summer and the hitting has escalated and now she is hitting the 5 year old son. I have tried to reason with her, time out,...

View more questions Search