Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygirl31501 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Adding father to birth certificate

How much is it to add the father on the birth certificate?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Your question has been moved to a thread of it's own. It is never a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread, it only adds to confusion and your question may not be answered.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl31501 View Post
    how much is it to add the father on the birth certificate?

Depends on your area (State) and the circumstances (how much work is involved).
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 03:20 PM
    In the US the "birth certificate division" is called the Department of Vital Statistics. They house all birth, death, marriage, etc records.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patty2222 View Post
    Never heard of a state adding a father to a birth certificate. Go to your county and ask for the birth certificate division and ask them what the procedure is. In some states the man has to put his name on there himself - they won't allow a mother to just right a name in there - so it's best to go to the county your child was born in to get the proper info.

This is very familiar advice and I notice you are in the "Great State of Texas," which is also familiar to me.

Are you someone who has posted before, using a new screen name?

Or perhaps everyone in Texas gives the same advice and uses the same phrases.

By any chance do you now or have you ever used the last name of Courtney?
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Good call JKT!! I Love you more every day!!

Bye bye Tracy!!
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Good call JKT!!! I Love you more every day!!!!

bye bye Tracy!!!

Every now and then my spidey senses tingle - let's see. That's two in one week! You have to wonder -

Excuse me, I have to go now and await the call from the Bar Association - :D

And I'd keep an eye out for any/all new members.

(I assume Tracey is suspended because there is no contact information - will Ms. Courtney come back as Traceyro, patty2222 - or some new name?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father name to child birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?

Adding father to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my daughters father to the birth certificate... We were together and have been together since she was born, but when she was born things were rocky so I didn't put his name on there. We have been together for 10 yrs and we are now married. My daughter is 9yrs. Old and we want her...

Adding father to birth certificate after 6 years [ 1 Answers ]

Our daughter was born in Florida and her father and I now live on Colorado. How do we go about adding him to the birth certificate even though it has been 6 years?

Adoption and adding adopted father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married in a few weeks and my soon to be husband is wanting to adopt my son. My son's birth certificate doesn't have a father's name on there, just mine. I was wondering if my husband's name could be added on to my son's birth certificate. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

Changing child's Name and adding Father to Birth Certificate- Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I am the father of a 3 year old son. My name was not put on the birth certificate. His mother has since died and I gained full custody through court. I had to submit a DNA to prove I was the father to get custody. My question is this, how can I get my name on his birth certificate and have his...

View more questions Search