Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akfarm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Tips for clearing fields?
    Hi:
    We are planning to clear our fields again. They were last hayfields about 20 years ago and unfortunately are now overgrown with willos and spruce trees. We have a D7 dozer, which is old, but new to us. Previous experience with smaller dozer. Any tips on clearing fields, getting rid of roots, yet keeping as much top soil as possible? Thank you
    ibrahim1061 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 10:15 AM

Why caloptropis spp most of time see along the road side?
    ibrahim1061 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Why lantana camara weeds usually prefer to invade and grow upward toward the mountain regde?
    ponyowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 06:29 AM
    We are thinking of renting a field from the local council for a pony but it is very overgrown with weeds & bramble & even getting to the gate is difficult as the track is so overgrown. Can you tell me what type of firm I need to contact to clear & put up suitable fencing?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Aug 3, 2012, 11:37 PM
    Here is a reference on Land Clearing from the BC Ministry of Agriculture.

Aug 4, 2012, 12:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim1061 View Post
    Why caloptropis spp most of time see along the road side?
    Do you mean milkweed? I don't know specifically about Calotropis, but weeds are often seen on roadsides because weeds are the first to invade disturbed areas. Roadsides are often regularly cleared which allows weeds to grow there first. Also, water tends to be more abundant on roadsides as water rolls off the pavement.

Aug 4, 2012, 01:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyowner View Post
    We are thinking of renting a field from the local council for a pony but it is very overgrown with weeds & bramble & even getting to the gate is difficult as the track is so overgrown. Can you tell me what type of firm I need to contact to clear & put up suitable fencing?
    ... for serious clearing, call a backhoe and dozer company;

... for weed control, call a weed abatement company example 1 or example 2

... for a garden installation/clean-up call a garden installation/maintenance/restoration company

... if you want to go biological, hire brush goats

... if you want to restore the habitat, call a habitat restoration company

... to build a fence, hire a fence company

Aug 4, 2012, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim1061 View Post
    Why lantana camara weeds usually prefer to invade and grow upward toward the mountain regde?
    Hey! You are not supposed to put your homework questions on here.

Aug 4, 2012, 01:26 AM
    Ehh, I just noticed I answered 3 - three year old questions. Hey ponyowner, next time start your own thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clearing an air lock [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Ive just installed a new shower and I`m assuming I have an air lock as when I`ve turned on the water supply to the shower;no water! All other taps are workingok. What is the best way to get the water flowing again? Thanks

Clearing Clogged Ear [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Mhar. I would like to ask what should I do to clear my clogged right ear? It has been 5 days now and I cannot hear well. I hear ringing inside. I am worried and uncomfortable. Please help me. I don't know what to do now.

What to do in Clearing, when I've got my results [ 1 Answers ]

When I get my results in August Because I don't have a placement at any of the unis I'm automatically put into clearing Basically What do I do on the day? I get my results, and then what? Call up the unis and say, "ive got these grades can i come to your uni?" I'm mega confused on what to do...

Clearing immigration [ 2 Answers ]

I asked a previous question in regards to clearing immigration in UK with a US bench warrant. I did not get solid answer. My friend cleared immigration in the caribbean without any thing coming up so do any of you think he will be able to make it to the UK.

Clearing old data [ 4 Answers ]

When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home

View more questions Search