Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 07:14 AM
    is Wuhan virus a way to end gun violence ?
    Baltimore Mayor Jack Young wants residents to stop shooting each other because they need the hospital beds for Wuhan Flu patients .

“we cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the coronavirus. And it could be your mother, your grandmother or one of your relatives. So take that into consideration.”

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...afvSoAcOXXu_Fw
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2020, 07:25 AM
    These type of arse wipes will make any excuse to take LAW ABIDING CITIZENS firearms away from them: Typical Bolshevik B.S.....guy needs to go read the Constitution or renounce his citizenship and go to Red China.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 08:57 AM
    Maybe I missed it vac but where in the article says anything about taking away your lawful guns? Sounds like the 2nd amendment types are paranoid.

@ Tom, criminals rarely take time off and maybe we should expect an uptick in crime when the economy goes south.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2020, 04:23 PM
    Crime is of opportunity to execute a criminal act.

Take away food from my family and I may become criminal.....and, certainly criminals will come as they smell blood in the water.

However, I reserve the right to defend my family and what is mine from anyone.....If you take law abiding citizens weapons, then law abiding citizens will becomes victims of criminal elements....Law Enforcement will not be able to prevent mass attacks on innocents in these time....the innocents must be able to protect themselves.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Baltimore Mayor Jack Young wants residents to stop shooting each other because they need the hospital beds for Wuhan Flu patients .

“we cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the coronavirus. And it could be your mother, your grandmother or one of your relatives. So take that into consideration.”

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...afvSoAcOXXu_Fw

so it is alright at other times for the residents to shoot each other and fill hospital beds but not now. How many residents are shot a day to fill those hospital beds. Perhaps there is a toilet paper crisis there fueling violence or is it a gun crisis. Just maybe there are places in the world where guns should be confiscated
    Expert

Mar 20, 2020, 09:21 PM
    Just the normal stuff of the criminal ilk awakening after the winter slumber Clete.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2020, 09:52 PM
    do they slumber over there tal, hibernate for the winter perhaps coming out after groundhog day?
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 04:33 AM
    Not really, but warm weather tends to drive people outside especially at night. LOL, it only takes one incident though to get attention and scare the heck out of people. Just a reminder that though the news is about other stuff, the same stuff is still there. Local gangs no matter the race, which is more or less a product of who is where, have existed in cities since forever. It's no different here than in any other parts of the world bereft of economic opportunities.

Guns and the people with them with bad intentions haven't gone anywhere just off the frontpage. Current events have just added to the problems that were there already. Eventually they will have to be tested too!
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2020, 05:27 AM
    so you could hope CV will take out a few criminals
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    so you could hope CV will take out a few criminals
    No doubt it will but so what? There are no shortages of criminals or criminal activity streams to replace sick criminals unlike sick nurses/doctors who are extremely hard to replace.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 06:27 AM
    “We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”
    I thought that was an interesting quote. It would seem that they have been completely OK to "stand for mass shootings" and crime increases, but now they are not. It would have been nice to have not stood for such things for the simple reason that they are illegal and mayors are supposed to fight crime. Well, at least he is starting to sound less and less like a liberal dem.
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 08:06 AM
    Well he had to say something about the event amid all the other crap he is dealing with. Why are you politicizing it? Like he didn't care about the illegal activity before.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 08:34 AM
    He had to say something? Is that what this is about, a person having to say something? Maybe it should be about a mayor undertaking his responsibilities and doing what is in the best interests of the people of Baltimore, and doing that all of the time and not just for a few months.
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 11:58 AM
    Don't get your draws in a bunch dude over one instance, and one statement. It's been going on for decades. They always issue a statement, until the next instance. You just happen to jump on a piece of it since the entire theme was about the coronavirus.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 12:03 PM
    Oh. Well that makes it alright. I'm sure that if Trump had said it, your point of view would be quite different.
    Expert

Mar 21, 2020, 06:15 PM
    I never said the mayor was WRONG for what he said.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2020, 06:53 PM
    I didn't say he was wrong. I do think it would be a lot better if he had said that on the first day of his mayorship.
    Expert

Mar 22, 2020, 02:43 AM
    What makes you think he didn't? Do you know something I don't? Care to share?
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2020, 04:58 AM
    I think if he had been saying it from day one, then there would be no need to make a big deal of saying it now. I don't think even you believe he has said it all along. And if he had been saying it and truly doing it, then the crime rate in Baltimore would not be sky high.
    Expert

Mar 22, 2020, 07:15 AM
    I don't assume what he says on a regular basis I don't know, and have only a small snapshot of one event. That's as far as I go with that. As for a crime rate, many things play into that circumstance in urban settings from long term systemic conditions. Poverty being the biggest driver, for most of those conditions. Most urban settings are a mixed bag any way between riches and rags and various degrees in between but we know what makes headlines don't we?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

If one partner has the stomach virus does the other partner get the smotch virus? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend hade the virus for a couple of days, He started throwing after his game on the 29th of december(miss his game on the January 1st), and I was with him on the 28, Is there a chance I could get the virus?

Virus not detected by anti virus [ 5 Answers ]

I have an anti virus or spyware program loaded on my computer but I know I still have things on my computer causing problems. My computer is "thinking" when nothing is running and several programs and certainly the internet are slow and sometimes just lock up at random times. What can I do or where...

Anti-Virus pop-up Virus [ 3 Answers ]

For the last week, every time I go online I get annoying pop-up ads and warning messages sayying' you're computer may be infected with malware and viruses, click here... " . Also, one of the pop-up ads is a virus scan. When I try to close them, I have to click close about ten times to get rid of...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search