Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    This is the altogether inaccurate description of a D&E on that website you linked. It's preposterous.
    What's inaccurate?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 07:04 PM
    The description rather conveniently left out the part about bringing the baby’s body out one piece at a time. Oversight?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 07:11 PM
    The description rather conveniently left out the part about bringing the baby’s body out one piece at a time. Oversight?
    Not if labor and delivery result.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 07:22 PM
    Then it’s not a D&E.

Your website gave a very much sanitized description.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 07:23 PM
    Then it’s not a D&E.
    Nope, not when the mother's muscles push out the fetus. As the description said, "scraping methods can no longer be used; instead the uterus must be induced to expel the fetus, resulting in premature labor".
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 07:27 PM
    You are confusing the procedure you posted with what I posted. They are not the same

Even your site mentioned no delivery with a D&E.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 07:48 PM
    Yet again, she posted:

After the fourteenth week of pregnancy, scraping methods can no longer be used; instead the uterus must be induced to expel the fetus, resulting in premature labor. In the saltwater method, a needle is inserted through the abdominal and uterine walls and into the amniotic sac. A portion of the amniotic fluid is removed; a saline solution is then injected between the uterine wall and the amnion, forcing their separation. After a day or so, contractions begin. The woman goes through labor and delivery to expel the fetus.
    https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/abortion
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 08:01 PM
    It...is...not...the...same...procedure. Your own site says that. For goodness sake try reading your own link. Are you sure you were a librarian??? The description you posted above is NOT of a D&E. It even says, " In the saltwater method." NOT...A...D&E. Do you understand now?

Good grief you can be irritating with your willful obstinacy.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 08:23 PM
    It...is...not...the...same...procedure. Your own site says that. For goodness sake try reading your own link. Are you sure you were a librarian??? The description you posted above is NOT of a D&E. It even says, " In the saltwater method."

Good grief you can be irritating with your willful obstinacy.
    Good grief, Charlie! I was not posting about a D&E. (Where oh where did THAT idea get into your head???) Read the first phrase. (Here, I'll help you: "After the fourteenth week of pregnancy....") The fetus in the photo was 19 weeks. A D&E is NOT the correct procedure for aborting a fetus that old. Put your dilator and evacuator away.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 08:30 PM
    I posted this on post 120 FROM YOUR LINK. That was only ten posts ago, about three hours.

The dilation and curettage method, or the D&C, has been practiced since even before abortion was legalized in the US, and is now called the D&E, or dilation and evacuation. At one time a physician gradually enlarged the woman’s cervix by inserting a series of increasingly thicker rods, but now the cervix is dilated by administering medication. The physician then gently scrapes out the contents of the uterus using a spoon-like instrument called a curette.

This is the altogether inaccurate description of a D&E on that website you linked. It's preposterous.
    Was that not clear enough for you??? You then asked about what was inaccurate, and that's been where we are in the discussion.

You're really Mensa??? Good grief, Lucy.

You even posted my reply on post 125. "Then it’s not a D&E." And you actually insist that you didn't know we were talking about a D&E? Good grief.

A D&E is NOT the correct procedure for aborting a fetus that old.
    Yeah. I've only posted seven sites that say it is, including a med school. Would you like to see more, because I can EASILY find them. You posted a site that doesn't even know what a D&E is.

You're really, really Mensa? Really, Lucy?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 08:46 PM
    You do realize God's reading all your nastiness and putdowns and rude remarks?
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 04:58 AM
    There are several problems with your comment.

1. You say all the time we should not judge, but now you're judging.
    2. You have been guilty of "nastiness and putdowns and rude remarks," so I don't think you are in position to be the judge. It would be the guilty trying to judge the accused.
    3. It would be nice if you would at least acknowledge your mistake. How you decided we were not talking about a D&E is just beyond me.
    4. I would suggest you concern yourself with what God thinks about your continued support of abortion and your continuing acceptance of any and all methods of abortion no matter how ghastly they may be in their destruction of the most innocent and defenseless human lives.

I cannot see how you arrived at this statement. "I was not posting about a D&E. (Where oh where did THAT idea get into your head???)" How could you have thought we were not discussing D&E? I just don't get it. Are you just being intentionally irritating since the facts clearly don't support your case?
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 05:17 AM
    I saw this posted on another site. When a person takes the flu shot, do they walk out worried about who DIDN'T take the shot, or are they just glad to be vaccinated?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 09:04 AM
    there are more that 3 million flu cases in the US every year .
    <sarc> I think the flu vaccine should be mandated </sarc>
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 09:05 AM
    1. You say all the time we should not judge, but now you're judging.
    I'm trying to keep up with you.
    2. You have been guilty of "nastiness and putdowns and rude remarks," so I don't think you are in position to be the judge. It would be the guilty trying to judge the accused.
    As I said above, I'm trying to keep up with you.
    3. It would be nice if you would at least acknowledge your mistake. How you decided we were not talking about a D&E is just beyond me.
    My quotes were that a D&E are not medically advisible after 14 weeks. The pictured fetus was 19 weeks and should be delivered, not ripped apart and scooped out.
    4. I would suggest you concern yourself with what God thinks about your continued support of abortion and your continuing acceptance of any and all methods of abortion no matter how ghastly they may be in their destruction of the most innocent and defenseless human lives.
    I don't support abortion or encourage it.
    I cannot see how you arrived at this statement. "I was not posting about a D&E. (Where oh where did THAT idea get into your head???)" How could you have thought we were not discussing D&E? I just don't get it. Are you just being intentionally irritating since the facts clearly don't support your case?
    Again, my quotes were that a D&E are not medically advisible after 14 weeks. The pictured fetus was 19 weeks and should be delivered, not ripped apart and scooped out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 09:12 AM
    When a person takes the flu shot, do they walk out worried about who DIDN'T take the shot, or are they just glad to be vaccinated?
    They walk out hoping the flu shot developers got it right this time so the vaccinated persons are protected from the current flu variant that's running wild.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 09:16 AM
    that's what happens when a virus becomes endemic .... like covid will. Many infections ,few deaths because the primary way to deal with it is effective treatments .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    there are more that 3 million flu cases in the US every year .
    <sarc> I think the flu vaccine should be mandated </sarc>
    Deaths from flu in the last 10 years ranged from 12,000 to 61,000 annually with an average of 37,000 per year.

Deaths from Covid-19 is approaching 700,000 and will go far past that. Annualized, the death total is over 500,000 and increasing.

To your 3,000,000 flu cases annually, so far there have been 41,200,000+ Covid-19 cases in 20 months.

Summary:

Flu cases ----------- 3,000,000
    Covid cases -------- 25,000,000 (annualized from 20 months)

Flu deaths ---------- 37,000 annually
    Covid deaths ------- 500,000 annually - projected to Dec. 31, 2021.

Trump began the invalid comparison between flu and Covid. It was widely debunked at the time. I'm surprised you are still using it.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 11:48 AM
    My quotes were that a D&E are not medically advisible after 14 weeks. The pictured fetus was 19 weeks and should be delivered, not ripped apart and scooped out.
    Your information is just flat wrong. Seven websites say so including a med school. And I can easily find ten more if you want. Even worse, you will not even raise your voice in opposition to a baby being "ripped apart and scooped out."

I don't support abortion or encourage it.
    Yes, you do. You support it all the time.

I'm trying to keep up with you.
    Physician, heal thyself.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 11:58 AM
    Your information is just flat wrong. Seven websites say so including a med school. And I can easily find ten more if you want. Even worse, you will not even raise your voice in opposition to a baby being "ripped apart and scooped out."
    We are discussing abortion, how it's done. This is not a "post your beliefs" thread.
    Yes, you do. You support it all the time.
    I have never stated that I agree with it and support it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The new Texas abortion law is unconstitutional [ 1 Answers ]

No ;not because it violates the unconstitutional 'Roe v Wade ' decision It is unconstitutional because it creates what the libs call a vigilante system where someone not involved in the specific case can bring a civil case forward . SCOTUS did not hear the case over procedural issues. When...

What was the impact of delay in taking Anti D injection after medical abortion [ 0 Answers ]

My wife had a medical abortion 5years ago,her blood group is B- but we forgot to take ANTI D INJECTION and it was taken after 14 days later .is there is any problem in the time of next pregnancy

Computer viruses masking itself as an anti-virus program [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I purchases a laptop for my daughter in May. A Toshiba from Best Buy. Suddenly appearing on the computer is some type of security software from Best Buy that keeps popping up asking for $50. To activate. The pop-up keeps popping up all over the screen to the point that you cannot use the...

How come that swine flu is now able to cause a pandemic? [ 2 Answers ]

Even though both the classical swine flu and humans seasonal flu H1N1 originate from Spanish flu 1918.

Influenza pandemic [ 1 Answers ]

If the bird flu virus gained the ability to pass between humans. In what ways would it affect the UK? And what would be do to resolve them?

View more questions Search