Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessed r we Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 04:35 PM
    My husband brought property real and now he owns, however , my name is not on the
    Property, we've been married 22yrs, how can I have my name added

Jul 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
    My husband it's paid off , no liens. Taxes were just paid..

Jul 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
    My husband owns the property, honestly , I didn't think anythingof it until recently.. A friend of mine list her husband in a sking accident now she's going thriugh probate.. God forbid if anything happens to my husband
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
    You ask him to add it and he writes up a new deed and files it.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
    If he wishes, he can execute a deed to the both of you as "joint tenants with right of survivorship". Between spouses this is called a "tenancy by the entirety".
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
    What makes you think he wants to share the property with you? Unless you live in a community property state it is possible he can keep these assets separate from you.

Does he have a will?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    What makes you think he wants to share the property with you?
    LMAO-A very good question!
    NDE PTSD Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 12:43 AM
    There are benefits to you not being on the title. You are married and you will have ownership in that property. He may have purchased it with out your name because you have bad credit or debt to income. Love your husband and trust him because the law will not let him die and not give you the mortgage payment to recover or sell that property. I think your in good hands.

Jul 22, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NDE PTSD View Post
    There are benefits to you not being on the title. You are married and you will have ownership in that property. He may have purchased it with out your name because you have bad credit or debt to income. Love your husband and trust him because the law will not let him die and not give you the mortgage payment to recover or sell that property. I think your in good hands.

Excuse me? Were do you get that just because they are married the OP will have ownership? Yes, in a community property state, she might, but we don't know where the OP lives. What law do you think "will not let him die and not give you the mortgage payment to recover or sell that property".

We appreciate your wanting to help our members, but we take pride in the accuracy of our advice. Also, in the law forums responses must conform to statutory law. I know of NO law such as you described.

While it may be true that the husband purchased this property for reasons such as you list, it is also just as possible that he is putting aside assets to keep from the OP.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70 View Post
    LMAO-A very good question!

Beat me to it - leave it to Scott to cut to the chase!
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 05:37 AM

This is a legal board and "we" take great pride in our answers.

What does "... the law will not let him die and not give you the mortgage payment" mean?

I find several of your posts to be - well, odd: "Your experience touched me. I died and left my body. I struggle with the feeling that I did die and came back to a different dimension living in a world I am not from. If I am right your man woke up to you in the hospital and you have kids in his new universe." https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bereave...-639804-2.html
    Family Law Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What does "... the law will not let him die " mean?
    That means the Congress will pass the bill where it will be stated,"HE CAN NEVER DIE". Easy!

Jul 24, 2012, 12:45 AM
    Judykay, Your 22 years old. I am 50 years old and have life experience. I am only giving my own life experience and these people can take it or leave it. I am not making disrespectful or rude comments. I am not trying to injure or mislead people. I don't know what your problem is with me but please understand I am not trying to do harm.
    anonymousdude Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
    Maybe You Should Divorce Him For Not Adding Your Name.

Jul 24, 2012, 01:04 AM
    GV70, The last thing I want to do is step on a lawyer's toes. I own a few homes and in one State I can legally own homes with out her being on the title. My wife is still entitled to the home if I die. The State will not take my home or my vehicles upon my death. My wife and family will recover it and just because their name is not on the title does not mean they are not going to get it. Again, I am sorry if my comments hurt peoples feelings or stepped on toes. Its just my own life experiences.
    Family Law Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 01:54 AM
    GV70, The last thing I want to do is step on a lawyer's toes. I own a few homes and in one State I can legally own homes with out her being on the title. My wife is still entitled to the home if I die. The State will not take my home or my vehicles upon my death. My wife and family will recover it and just because their name is not on the title does not mean they are not going to get it. Again, I am sorry if my comments hurt peoples feelings or stepped on toes. Its just my own life experiences.
    OK-I agreed with you in one of your previous posts but only in the part of Judy"s age-I guess she is living her youthful days.
    Your answers are out of the main point:
    Quote Originally Posted by blessed r we View Post
    how can I have my name added
    That's a LEGAL board and life experience answers which are NOT based on the laws are not welcomed.
    The OP question is, "How can I have my name added..."and your answer is ,"... the law will not let him die "./?? /

P.S.-Question: "What's your name?"
    Answer: "Yes, I have a fridge."

Jul 24, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Judykay, Your 22 years old. I am 50 years old and have life experience. I am only giving my own life experience and these people can take it or leave it. I am not making disrespectful or rude comments. I am not trying to injure or mislead people. I don't know what your problem is with me but please understand I am not trying to do harm.
    We understand that you are trying to help and appreciate that effort. The problem is that if you post legal answers based on life experience you can, inadvertently do harm. None of us have a problem with you personally. But we take pride in the accuracy of the responses given here. So we question inaccurate responses.

If you read some of the other responses in this thread, we did deal with the Community Property issue. But we don't know where the OP lives. We don't know whether community property laws apply. So telling the OP that " You are married and you will have ownership in that property. ... Love your husband and trust him because the law will not let him die and not give you the mortgage payment to recover or sell that property." is not accurate or even good advice. Too often a husband putting assets into his own name is a sign of them getting ready to divorce. I'm not saying that's the case, here, I don't know I wish the OP had come back and entered into a dialog so we can have more info to help her. But your advice did not have legal or even moral backing.

We welcome anyone who wants to help here. And I'm sure with your life experience, you can help. We are only asking that you be careful in the accuracy of the advice you give.

By the way, I'm sure Judy will appreciate your estimate of her age. But age is not a factor when giving legal advice. Knowledge is!
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 05:26 AM

Where to start - first it's you're, you apostrophe re.

I'm 22 years old? Where are you reading that? Please, please share that with me. So you have life experience and I've been sitting in a closet by myself for x years? Priceless! I think I've been on AMHD for 22 years (or so it seems).

It is reassuring to know that some day I'll be 50, like you, and wise, like you, with life experience (possibly instead of legal knowledge). I'd like to know what these words from your advanced age mean (advice given to a widow): "Your experience touched me. I died and left my body. I struggle with the feeling that I did die and came back to a different dimension living in a world I am not from. If I am right your man woke up to you in the hospital and you have kids in his new universe."

I should find comfort because "my man" is off somewhere, having kids in his new universe? Again - what?

Oh, look, I'm 22 over here and widowed a month ago - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bereav...-639804-2.html. What?

The high point of my day! I am looking forward to being as old as Scott is some day. Wonder how old Scott will be then?

My problem with you? Incorrect answers on the legal board. It's not the least bit unusual to read other answers to get a feeling for someone, get a sense of their experience, where they are coming from.

I don't know what this means: "I own a few homes and in one State I can legally own homes with out her being on the title. My wife is still entitled to the home if I die. The State will not take my home or my vehicles upon my death. My wife and family will recover it and just because their name is not on the title does not mean they are not going to get it. Again, I am sorry if my comments hurt peoples feelings or stepped on toes. Its just my own life experiences."

I'm not aware of ANY State where you cannot own a home individually. I am also not aware of a State where the "State" takes homes and vehicles routinely when someone dies. What are you talking about? This is your own experience following your own death? What?

You have complained about your treatment (or lack thereof) at the hands of the VA. Does the VA provide you with medical treatment and meds?
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 05:28 AM
    That means the Congress will pass the bill where it will be stated,"HE CAN NEVER DIE". Easy!

Hey, GV! I'm 22 years old. For sure I can never die - I'm starting over, in fact!
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 05:29 AM
    P.S.-Question: "What's your name?"
    Answer: "Yes, I have a fridge."

Oh, best ever!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property taxes put in my name by seller resinding on property who owns the house [ 3 Answers ]

Property taxes put in my name because seller resinded as owner who legally owns the house

Who owns this property? [ 1 Answers ]

2207 Placita San Rufino, Camarillo, CA 93010. Thank you!

We brought a house property that has IRS Tax Liens [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a house in 2001 from our neighbor without doing a Title Search. He was very sick on a Heart Transplant list. We paid off the balance of his Mortgage and then he passed away a few weeks later. We received a Warranty deed in our name. After we renovated we tried to sell the house and found...

Who really owns the property [ 2 Answers ]

My original question was this I purchased a house on land contract --- The warranty deed is in one persons name and he quit claimed the house to his girlfriend. She is the one who I have the land contract with. Is it legal? And can he take the house back? What I did not include was --- ...

View more questions Search