Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    BO was a closet Muslim, the Christianity was a sham, just expedient on the path to the WH, and attending church while being affiliated with none means nothing
    Wow, Clete, pretty provocative even for you, but I doubt has a shred of truth given his lovely wife and children, but any religion he choses he has been as good an example as any, and left his dubious, morally challenged replacement a solid foundation to start with. LOL, I have to give you a pass though as I don't think either of them impresses you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: If what you say about Obama is true, then he is truly, truly, truly a disgusting human being...and not because he could be a Muslim or not but for denying his chosen religion while cloaking to imitate his belonging to another....this is a horrible thing to do.

What is obvious, from W.G.'s writings, Obama CANNOT be a Protestant Christian if he attends Episcopal Church (not compatible as Episcopalian is a Catholics rooted scism).
    A man can be anything he chooses and worship what he pleases with whom he pleases to worship with. One thing about every major religion is the variety they have within them. You could say unique unto it's own congregations.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2020, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Wow, Clete, pretty provocative even for you, but I doubt has a shred of truth given his lovely wife and children, but any religion he choses he has been as good an example as any, and left his dubious, morally challenged replacement a solid foundation to start with. LOL, I have to give you a pass though as I don't think either of them impresses you at all.

A man can be anything he chooses and worship what he pleases with whom he pleases to worship with. One thing about every major religion is the variety they have within them. You could say unique unto it's own congregations.
    Your each way bet doesn't impress me, there is only one truth
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 06:03 AM
    Um, then what is this?

"It is a verse and is very much an OT teaching. It is found in Exodus 21. "23 But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, 24 eye for eye,"
    Um, it is exactly what I said it was. It is a statement that, unlike your ridiculously false claim, "an eye for an eye" really is a scripture found in the Bible. What it is NOT is any assumption of meaning for that text. Are all women as stubborn as you are when it comes to admitting being wrong??? (<:

No false claims from me! He doesn't need me. He is his own worst enemy!
    No, you made no false claims unless, of course, you count your claims that Trump had a favorite verse, a false claim that even your own documentation disproved, and that he did not know any books of the Bible, another equally false claim for which you had no support at all. Other than those two ridiculously false claims, then no, you made no false claims.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 06:09 AM
    A man can choose his own god to worship, but he cannot choose his own truth, and he cannot choose his own consequences.
    Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 07:29 AM
    Neither can YOU.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2020, 07:56 AM
    Jerry Falwell, a controversial Christian of the "Moral Majority" told a story that really distilled the root issue: I saw a bumper sticker in a car the other day that said "God said it, I believe it, and that's that!"....Well, that ain't right because that bumper sticker should have read "God said it and that's that! It doesn't matter if I believe it or not!". FALWELL'S version was the correct one.....I wasn't a follower of Falwell (I'm Catholic) but you don't have to be lock-step with everyone to find grains of truth that are universally applicable....and timeless!
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 07:57 AM
    Neither can YOU.
    Exactly correct. That's why it's beyond important that we get it right.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 10:37 AM
    V7 to Paraclete: If what you say about Obama is true, then he is truly, truly, truly a disgusting human being...and not because he could be a Muslim or not but for denying his chosen religion while cloaking to imitate his belonging to another....this is a horrible thing to do.

WG: Obama is not a closet Muslim.

"Obama, born in 1961, lived in Indonesia from 1967 to 1971.

Obama's stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, was much more of a free spirit than a devout Muslim, according to former friends and neighbors. And the school described as an Islamic madrassa in media reports actually was a public school, so progressive that teachers wore miniskirts and all students were encouraged to celebrate Christmas."
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...ive-story.html

What is obvious, from W.G.'s writings, Obama CANNOT be a Protestant Christian if he attends Episcopal Church (not compatible as Episcopalian is a Catholics rooted scism).
    Huh??? Again you don't make sense. So I am not a Protestant now because I set foot in a Catholic church and have prayed and studied the Bible with people of other denominations and beliefs? What God do YOU worship, V7?

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Your each way bet doesn't impress me, there is only one truth
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Um, it is exactly what I said it was. It is a statement that, unlike your ridiculously false claim, "an eye for an eye" really is a scripture found in the Bible. What it is NOT is any assumption of meaning for that text. Are all women as stubborn as you are when it comes to admitting being wrong??? (<:
    Yes, it's referred to IN the Bible but is NOT a teaching.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2020, 02:22 PM
    W.G.: Six or seven years old in an Islamic School makes a mark on your psyche....and that DOES NOT MEAN OBAMA IS MUSLIM...it does mean that he has been impacted in his thought processes by Muslim ideology, and he can't help it, it is deeply buried in his subconsciousness.

Did not say you couldn't enter a non-Protestant Church if you were Protestant...not at all! All I am saying is that it is not normal behavior to alternate from one to the other on what looks to be a regular basis....a bit strange is all.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 03:03 PM
    Yes, it's referred to IN the Bible but is NOT a teaching.
    Well, at least you've come to place of being half right. That's progress.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    W.G.: Six or seven years old in an Islamic School makes a mark on your psyche....and that DOES NOT MEAN OBAMA IS MUSLIM...it does mean that he has been impacted in his thought processes by Muslim ideology, and he can't help it, it is deeply buried in his subconsciousness.
    He was at that school for three years.

I grew up in and was in close contact for YEARS with a very conservative Christian family and church body. You've noticed how my beliefs are still very conservative. After all, like you say, we can never get away from our earlier training....

Did not say you couldn't enter a non-Protestant Church if you were Protestant...not at all! All I am saying is that it is not normal behavior to alternate from one to the other on what looks to be a regular basis....a bit strange is all.
    You need to get out more and talk with people different from yourself.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 03:16 PM
    You've noticed how my beliefs are still very conservative.
    I must have missed the part where you have espoused conservative ideals.
    Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 04:13 PM
    I didn't know you had to check all the boxes of YOUR conservative idealogy to be certified a conservative.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 04:17 PM
    I didn't know you had to check all the boxes of YOUR conservative idealogy to be certified a conservative.
    Who said you did?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 04:34 PM
    You apparently missed seeing the sarcasm snugly hidden in that.

Not "espoused." Retained.
    Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 04:45 PM
    Who said you did?
    Right here.

Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 05:14 PM
    Right here.

Originally Posted by jlisenbe

I must have missed the part where I discussed checking boxes.
    Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 06:16 PM
    It was strongly implied when you criticize the idealogy of an avowed lifetime conservative. I could be mistaken, but that's what I heard, or read.

Checking boxes is just a term to qualify one for whatever we are discussing i.e. conservative idealogy.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2020, 06:23 PM
    It was strongly implied when you criticize the idealogy of an avowed lifetime conservative.
    Did you read her reply? Does that sound like the reply of an "avowed lifetime conservative"?

"You apparently missed seeing the sarcasm snugly hidden in that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2020, 06:39 PM
    Did you read her reply? Does that sound like the reply of an "avowed lifetime conservative"?
    What's your definition of conservative?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

It's time to drawup articles of impeachment [ 45 Answers ]

Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News...

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

View more questions Search