Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 11:32 AM
    Streaming music on netflix
    I know it can be done. There are many websites in Google with music that you can access. Tried a search on Netflix for some of them, but nothing came up.

Anyone ? Curlyben... need karma? Any ideas ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 16, 2015, 11:39 AM
    You really want Spotify if you want to stream music.
    Netflix is really for movies, etc.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 12:10 PM
    I live on UTube, and Pandora.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 12:58 PM
    Netflix itself doesn't offer music, only movies and TV shows BUT...if you have a streaming player (Roku, BluRay, etc) they all have apps available that allow them to stream music from different sources. See what available apps your device has and go with that. I use Pandora and Rdio through my Roku player.
    Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You really want Spotify if you want to stream music.
    Netflix is really for movies, etc.
    I know what Netflix is for, I have it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 16, 2015, 05:30 PM
    I have a Chromecast USB on my TV that accepts wireless casting from my computer (anything - desktop, Netflix, Youtube....) but when my blueray player died, I couldn't play my 2 Christmas CDs from my computer! When I started up my CD, the entire toolbar went away, and I needed that to start the cast button. So, there's always some stumbling block to something.
    I have learned how to cast radio stations to my TV from my computer. Much better sound.

(I don't know how to deal with music sites like spotify. Just threw this in here.)
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Netflix itself doesn't offer music, only movies and TV shows BUT...if you have a streaming player (Roku, BluRay, etc) they all have apps available that allow them to stream music from different sources. See what available apps your device has and go with that. I use Pandora and Rdio through my Roku player.
    Thanks Odinn, but Google has multiple sites about music on Netflix (probably music videos). It just does not say how.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 07:02 AM
    In this case I think google is inaccurate. Netflix has some great shows about music but there isn't a radio-type program that I can find.

When I search on Bing, all I find mentioned are documentaries and musicals.

Do you have a link to one of the places that says Netflix has streaming music?

I will add my vote for Spotify.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 07:28 AM
    They are DVD's mostly on Netflix, but unavailable for now, and have to be saved. I didn't see any for streaming but didn't look too deep for specific artists, on the site itself.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    In this case I think google is inaccurate. Netflix has some great shows about music but there isn't a radio-type program that I can find.

When I search on Bing, all I find mentioned are documentaries and musicals.

Do you have a link to one of the places that says Netflix has streaming music?

I will add my vote for Spotify.
    vv

Sorry, cat, can't give you a link through my IPad. Thanks for your answer. Wasn't thinking about radio type, but music videos.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 09:38 AM
    My family lives on netflix. We've been doing it for 2 years now. No streaming music. In the genres I just reviewed on my iPad, music isn't even a category.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    vv

Sorry, cat, can't give you a link through my IPad. Thanks for your answer. Wasn't thinking about radio type, but music videos.
    It sounds like you may be looking for an MTV/VH type 'program'. The American version of Netflix doesn't have anything along those lines.

Maybe it depends on the interface, but there is a Musical and a Music category.

Other than YouTube I can't think of any music video streaming sites. I wonder if Hulu might have something like that.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    My family lives on netflix. We've been doing it for 2 years now. No streaming music. In the genres I just reviewed on my iPad, music isn't even a category.
    I have had Netflix for five years in Canada. J. It was a 'shot in the dark' trying to find music on it. If you have Netflix streamed on your TV, then it is on IPad too. I finish off a movie on my iPad when I go to bed.

Yes, I reviewed on my TV because I googled 'music streaming on Netflix'. Websites said it can be done, but obviously not !

LONG LIVE NETFLIX !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ROKU Netflix Streaming [ 4 Answers ]

My picture keeps going purple after working perfectly for many months. The online help said to disconnect and re-connect. It worked. Today it isn't working. Why? What can I do?

Best router to use to receive netflix streaming movies on TV [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Samsung 63" plasma TV with a Samsung blu-ray player in order to receive Netflix streaming movies. On occasion while watching the movie/tv series will stop & it appears to then re-boot & then it will continue. I have a basic router with 2 computers in my computer room upstairs...

Netflix Streaming on the emachine EL1331G-01w? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Over a year ago I got an emachine EL1331G-01w, I rarely use it, but I do have it hooked up to a nice big flat panel monitor, so I was hoping I could use it to watch Netflix streaming, but it doesn't run smooth with streaming, seems to glitch a lot. Do you know of anyway to possibly fix...

Netflix Streaming from Laptop to TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just got Net Flix on my computer now I am trying to stream it on my TV. I have a Samsung 1080P9 DVD player non Blu Ray with a usb connection. My laptop Dell Studio 15 has a HDMI output. Toshiba older TV for now. Can I use the Samsung Link Stick on the DVD player for a wireless...

Netflix Streaming from Laptop to TV [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I just got Net Flix on my computer now I am trying to stream it on my TV. I have a Samsung 1080P9 DVD player non Blu Ray with a usb connection. My laptop Dell Studio 15 has a HDMI output. Toshiba older TV for now. Can I use the Samsung Link Stick on the DVD player for a wireless...

View more questions Search