Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2016, 11:50 AM
    Convert to Regular TV Channels??
    We're Lost in the Translation or the Techno Where With All to Setup the Home TV to Pull In Regular Channels.. We've Disconnected the Cable TV, We were with Bell Xpressview, Have a Flat Screen TV... We have the Apple TV Box & Netflix... The Quest is to Find / Pull In Regular Channels if that 's Possible.. Help Appreciated, Cheers Thanks...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2016, 12:52 PM
    This may interest you.

Cord-Cutting Guide: 5 Ways to Watch Everything You Want Without a Cable Bill

Many embedded links in this article to check out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2016, 01:59 PM
    Most newer TV have a Program feature. Have you connect directly to an Antenna, you use that feature to scan the signal coming in. The TV will then go through and identify any channels it finds a strong enough signal for.
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2016, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Most newer TV have a Program feature. Have you connect directly to an Antenna, you use that feature to scan the signal coming in. The TV will then go through and identify any channels it finds a strong enough signal for.
    How does Apple TV & Netflix transmit their Signal.. With Bell Xpressview we used a Satellite? We have no Antenna..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2016, 02:35 PM
    Apple TV connects to your TV via an HDMI port. It then connects to your home network via WiFi. So the content from Apple TV is streamed over the Internet to your AppleTV device and then displayed on your TV. Your TV is then switched to HDMI input. You select the content using the Apple TV remote.

To use Netflix your TV has to support a Netflix app or you use something like Roku to stream Netflix.

If you have no antenna or cable connection then your TV is just a monitor and you don't tune channels using the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert metal hallide fixture to regular bulb [ 1 Answers ]

I have a commercial fixture that takes a metal hallide bulb, a transformer and a starter. What would happen if I were to wire direct the two wires that come into the fixture and bypass the transformer and starter and just use a regular light bulb. What is the benefit of using the metal hallide...

Ovarian cancer -convert to disability after getting regular [ 2 Answers ]

First diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2008, I retired when it recurred in 2010 but only requested and received regular SS because I did not know OC would have been automatically approved for SS disability. I retired from work in Oct of 2010. I just turned 63. Can I convert from regular to...

I am from AP am interested in telugu channels and some of the English channels sugge [ 2 Answers ]

I am from AP am interested in telugu channels and some of the English channels suggest me the best package which is cheaper in price.. and covers all the requirements

How do I change a Phillips big screen to channels from AV channels without a remote? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got a Phillips big screen TV, possibly 37-42 inch, from a friend who didn't give the remote or handbook. All I can get is a blue screen with the AV channels. How do I change the TV to a regular channel so I can set up my Direct TV box? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Convert three way switch to regular [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three way switch on a fixture and want to replace the switch with a timer / switch. The only timers that I saw were for regular switches not three way switches. Short of going out and finding a timer for a three way switch, is there any way to install the regular timer, by converting the...

View more questions Search