Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dp1976in Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Flashing Engine check light.
    I have 2001 Hyundai Accent. In the morning my engnie check light was flashing. I turned the engine off for while, it went off. It never came back again for the day. I drove around 50 kms. Should I be worried to show to mechanic? Engine was making noise in the morning while light was flashing but after that no problems smooth as always.

Thanks for your help guys.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 10:06 PM

Next time yes.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dp1976in View Post
    I have 2001 Hyundai Accent. In the morning my engnie check light was flashing. I turned the engine off for while, it went off. It never came back again for the day. I drove around 50 kms. Should I be worried to show to mechanic? Engine was making noise in the morning while light was flashing but after that no problems smooth as always.

Thanks for your help guys.
    A flashing check engine light means there is a potential that damage could occure to the catalytic converter.
    If the engine was running poorly, why? You didn't have to do anything to make it better?
    Something may be loose, thus causing the intermittent rough running. It may be too much moisture on the ignition system, but it could be much worse. Have this looked at soon. Next time may not clear up on it's own.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Definitely have a computer test done to see what codes are stored in the computer. If the light was flashing, it could be a misfire issue; have you ever/when was the last time you had the vehicle tuned up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light flashing [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Guys , I have a serious problem with my car... its a honda accord 98 ex vtec engine , 4cyl manual gear . Recently my check engine light came on and now my light starts flashing on and off repeatedly . I don't know what actually is wrong with then today , I could hardly move instead the...

Flashing engine warning light [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I had a problem posted in May, 2008 about engine misfire cylinder 1. We had done the tune up, and unhooked battery to reset the computer. Well, now engine warning light has been flashing a few times when I would drive it and sometimes it ran really rough, I could go 45 mph, then it would...

Whirlpool DWF 405 flashing light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool DWF 405 dishwasher, the problem I am facing with it is, it sometimes doesn't complete the washing cycle. The light on the start button starts flashing. It seems like the final heating and drying cycle is not working. Can anyone help me with it.. and the funny thing is, it...

Battery Light Keeps Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

My Dell Inspiron 1100's battery light won't stop flashing. The battery ran down three days ago and put the computer in suspend mode. I quickly plugged in the AC adapter to recharge the battery but the light has been flashing ever since. When I unplug it, the computer will run on battery power for...

Power light flashing. [ 1 Answers ]

The power light on my MESH tower is flashing. Why?

View more questions Search