Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2020, 07:01 PM
    Lets go back to letting the village raise the children and stop making faults and laying blame. Does it really matter why they are here when they are a blessing either way regardless? When are we going to ACT like it instead of this useless babble into what's good for YOU!
    Why do I bring up abortion? Because I'm sick of people who profess to believe in equal justice but who then dodge the question of 900,000 deaths a year by babbling on about villages raising children, or my supposed attitudes about women, or laying blame and finding fault. The truth would be better served if you would simply say that you really don't give a rat's rear end about those 900,000 unborn children and couldn't care less if the number was ten times that high. They're dead, gone, and out of your way, so you don't have to worry about it. Have that attitude if you want to, but don't try to impress anyone with your platitudes about "equal justice" and "equal opportunity", or at least not until you can tell us about where the justice and opportunity for life for the unborn went to.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2020, 07:04 PM
    Old saying is that "God looks after fools and children": I was both....had more than my fair share of promiscuity with promiscuous women.....never had an impregnation because the women I was having these romps with were not trying to "trip" me or trap me, they only wanted to have pleasures of the flesh.....this is a big difference: When pregnancy occurs, many times it was with intent from the female....but it was also a lot of people who got the cart before the horse: There is a right way and a wrong way.....I got lucky because I was a "fool"...it could have gone either way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 07:05 PM
    Geez JL, I thought a bunch of you have been preaching about out of wedlock sex for a few thousand years and it worked? Or did it not work and was kept a big secret from all you preachers?
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2020, 07:07 PM
    never had an impregnation
    You can never be 100% certain of that.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Why do I bring up abortion? Because I'm sick of people who profess to believe in equal justice but who then dodge the question of 900,000 deaths a year by babbling on about villages raising children, or my supposed attitudes about women, or laying blame and finding fault. The truth would be better served if you would simply say that you really don't give a rat's rear end about those 900,000 unborn children and couldn't care less if the number was ten times that high. They're dead, gone, and out of your way, so you don't have to worry about it. Have that attitude if you want to, but don't try to impress anyone with your platitudes about "equal justice" and "equal opportunity", or at least not until you can tell us about where the justice and opportunity for life for the unborn went to.
    My caring and your caring don't stop NUTIN"! A sad but true fact! Don't blame ME for your misery!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 07:25 PM
    Plainly you don't wish to answer my question which is, "Do we agree that men and women alike need to postpone sex until marriage?"
    I don't know how. I suggested reversible vasectomies at puberty. Do you know how to make everyone postpone sex until they're married?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2020, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I don't know how. I suggested reversible vasectomies at puberty. Do you know how to make everyone postpone sex until they're married?
    Zieg Heil Mine Further. The nanny state at work, forced sterilisation, your solution? Perhaps the girls could have their tubes tied also?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Zieg Heil Mine Further. The nanny state at work, forced sterilisation, your solution? Perhaps the girls could have their tubes tied also?
    The girls don't need their tubes tied if the boys get their reversible vasectomies. So you don't have a solution either apart from forced (temporary) sterilization?
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2020, 07:43 PM
    Now Clete, you might be on to something! I'm sure WG will agree that forced sterilization for both sexes would solve the whole problem, or at least until she threw in that pesky little "reversible" clause. If all of this is reversible, then why bother?

I'm really disappointed, WG, that you won't answer a simple question. Would you agree to join me and others in encouraging young people to postpone sex until after marriage, or do you insist on maintaining your forced sterilization solution?

My caring and your caring don't stop NUTIN"! A sad but true fact!
    Sounds like you're suggesting we simply shouldn't bother ourselves to care. That might work for a liberal dem, but the world depends on people who care. I want to be one of those.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 07:49 PM
    COOL, you keep preaching.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 07:52 PM
    Now Clete, you might be on to something! I'm sure WG will agree that forced sterilization for both sexes would solve the whole problem, or at least until she threw in that pesky little "reversible" clause. If all of this is reversible, then why bother?
    Why bother? So the woman doesn't get pregnant before marriage. That was your concern -- and even your demand. It would be really silly for both men AND women to be sterilized. And the "reversible" part was part of the deal, since the married couple would possibly want to have children, but I decided to add that, figuring you would hold that omission over my head.
    I'm really disappointed, WG, that you won't answer a simple question. Would you agree to join me and others in encouraging young people to postpone sex until after marriage, or do you insist on maintaining your forced sterilization solution?
    You can't "encourage young people to postpone sex until after marriage." That's not how it works. Encourage??? Um, try again.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
    Why bother? So the woman doesn't get pregnant before marriage. That was your concern -- and even your demand. It would be really silly for both men AND women to be sterilized. And the "reversible" part was part of the deal, since the married couple would possibly want to have children, but I decided to add that, figuring you would hold that omission over my head.

You can't "encourage young people to postpone sex until after marriage." That's not how it works. Encourage??? Um, try again.
    well if sterilisation isn't the go how about segregation?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    well if sterilisation isn't the go how about segregation?
    The Shakers preached celibacy for both men and women. We know where that ended up....
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2020, 10:22 PM
    The Shakers preached celibacy for both men and women. We know where that ended up....
    well it would be useless preaching celibracy for only one sex
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2020, 04:45 AM
    What a strange world you live in. We encourage young people not to smoke, not to have unprotected sex, not to drop out of high school, not to break the law and end up in prison, not to take drugs, not to discriminate on the basis of x, y, or z, and not to eat unhealthy foods. I'm sure the powers that be will be surprised to find out about your theory of "That's not how it works."

It's sad to see you so caught up in your liberal orthodoxy that you are too fearful to simply say that the world would be a better place if young people reserved sex for marriage. The benefits would be enormous. You're not being asked to join the republican party, but rather just to agree with a common sense proposition. It's a no brainer for any confessing Christian to agree to. Instead you seriously promote a governmental program to force teen age boys to be sterilized. Unbelievable.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 08:44 AM
    What a strange world you live in. We encourage young people not to smoke, not to have unprotected sex, not to drop out of high school, not to break the law and end up in prison, not to take drugs, not to discriminate on the basis of x, y, or z, and not to eat unhealthy foods. I'm sure the powers that be will be surprised to find out about your theory of "That's not how it works."

It's sad to see you so caught up in your liberal orthodoxy that you are too fearful to simply say that the world would be a better place if young people reserved sex for marriage. The benefits would be enormous. You're not being asked to join the republican party, but rather just to agree with a common sense proposition. It's a no brainer for any confessing Christian to agree to. Instead you seriously promote a governmental program to force teen age boys to be sterilized. Unbelievable.
    Says the guy who condones the lying cheating ways of the dufus because he thinks it's worth it to have conservative judges who will change the law to favor conservative causes and pet peeves and an economy that serves some that can afford it and others not at all.

Talk about living in a strange world.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 09:48 AM

How well is all that "encouraging" of your Christian young people working? I was more than just "encouraged"!!!

(P.S. I'm a Republican.)
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2020, 01:23 PM
    Says the guy who condones the lying cheating ways of the dufus because he thinks it's worth it to have conservative judges who will change the law to favor conservative causes and pet peeves and an economy that serves some that can afford it and others not at all.
    Says the guy who condoned the lying, cheating ways of Obama since he considered it worth it to have liberal judges who disregard the Constitution to allow for abortion and gay marriage, a doubling of the national debt, and a tepid economy which served no one particularly well.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 08:17 PM
    Yearning for those good old days of yester year again? YO, it's 2020, what year would you like it to be?
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2020, 08:48 PM
    Yearning for those good old days of yester year again? YO, it's 2020, what year would you like it to be?
    Yes, the good ole days of Obama lying, a tepid economy, doubling the national debt, and a president who was cheerleader in chief for abortion. I know you miss them terribly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something we never thought a conservative government would do [ 5 Answers ]

At least not voluntarily Banking Royal Commission: Malcolm Turnbull announces inquiry We are going to have an inquiry into the practices of banks. There has long been a stink about the financial services industry with the banks being forced to compensate cheated customers and remove certain...

Conservative vs. Liberals [ 3 Answers ]

What is the basic difference between conservatives and liberals? Why do we see things so differently? I am posting here although the subject could be in the philosophy thread or the religion thread as it touches all of them. I am going to throw something out there for you to kick around. Of...

Conservative energy plan [ 20 Answers ]

My question is this: Why do conservatives take such a pessimistic approach when it comes to developing clean renewable energy? The problem I have with conservatives is that they claim patriotism but the things they promote makes me think don't have faith that we can figure this problem out. I...

Is McCain a 'modern' conservative? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it any wonder that the 'base' distrusts him? The Curious Mind of John McCain

Liberal to conservative, just like that! [ 33 Answers ]

It was years ago that I first heard this little story, and I just heard it re-told today, a little different of course, but the meaning still hit as hard as it did the first time I heard it. I just wonder what anyone's opinion of the story might be: A man was attending dinner at a friends...

View more questions Search