Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2020, 08:13 PM
    I never said I approved. I'm trying to explain their rationale to you.
    And neither did you have the courage to oppose it. I just don't get you. You seem unwilling to ever say a word that might violate your liberal commitments. Honestly, it's really frustrating. If Trump had said something that outrageous, you'd be all over it, but let a liberal make an incitement to violence and you want to become Miss Understanding. I just don't get it.

Try shopping while black. Try eating out while black. Try clothes shopping while black. Try driving while black.
    Oh stop it. That's just worn out and beyond old. I haven't and neither have you. In our state, if you have the money to pay for what you want, you will be treated well. I have been in restaurants and stores where most of the customers were black. No one pays much attention to it. Maybe Chicago is the racism capital of the world. Down here, skin color is a minor issue.

And you didn't answer the question. Who did the provoking in Ferguson?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And neither did you have the courage to oppose it.
    I oppose any bullying (*cough*) and abhor violence. But then, O great peacemaker that you are, how should blacks respond to all the lawlessness and violence and hatred they've been subjected to?

Oh stop it. That worn out nonsense is beyond old. I haven't and neither have you. In our state, if you have the money to pay for what you want, you will be treated well. I have been in restaurants and stores where most of the customers were black. No one pays much attention to it. Maybe Chicago is the racism capital of the world. Down here, skin color is a minor issue.
    I'm from the South and remember how "darkies" were treated. Even in the Chicago suburbs where I have lived for many years there is incident after incident, most minor but some resulting in serious repercussions.

And you didn't answer the question. Who did the provoking in Ferguson?
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Why were black people brought (unwillingly) to this country in the first place and by whom?
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2020, 08:31 PM
    I oppose any bullying (*cough*) and abhor violence. But then, O great peacemaker that you are, how should blacks respond to all the lawlessness and violence and hatred they've been subjected to?
    The vast, vast majority of acts of violence committed against black people are committed by...other black people. It's just statistically true. How should they respond to that? Riots? And you cannot abhor violence but then try to be "understanding" about an incitement to rioting. That just won't work.

Even in the Chicago suburbs where I lived for many years there is incident after incident, most minor but some resulting in serious repercussions.
    Then I'm glad I live in Mississippi. We have learned how to get along. There are occasional problems. I've been poorly treated by black employees and I'm sure black people have been mistreated by white employees, but they are rare and not worth getting excited about. It's like I tell Tal. The greatest enemy of black Americans is the behavior of some black Americans. Reduce the out of wedlock birth rate, for example, from 70% to 10% and black people would soar to the top of the heap.

"darkies"
    Never used that term or heard it used. I've known some people who used the "n" word, but honestly can't think of a single person now.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I never said I approved. I'm trying to explain their rationale to you.

Try shopping while black. Try eating out while black. Try clothes shopping while black. Try driving while black.
    So WG do you have first hand experience?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2020, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    So WG do you have first hand experience?
    Nope, but have been told about it by friends. Oh, and I see it happening.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2020, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Nope, but have been told about it by friends. Oh, and I see it happening.
    so culturally there is a case for segregation?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 02:04 AM
    Hey Tal. Honest request. Listen to this 90 second clip from the leader of BLM and tell me what you think.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-...president-riot
    Seems the whole point of the interview revolved around one incidence in NY where there was violence, that Mr Newsome didn't explicitly condemn.

Newsome claimed that destructive protests are rare, but he did not condemn them.

I could easily make the case that you guys never condemn the dufus words and actions either. often you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourselves.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 02:19 AM
    What you fail to concieve in your targeted outrage is often these violent outcomes is the product of pent up rage felt by those that have been violated where there was NO outrage, so the question really becomes why are you surprised at the violence by some and IGNORE the root causes of the violence. NO, you rather be stuck on them not condemning the current acts of violence, while you didn't condemn the past violence against them.

If not for the violence in Ferguson, would we know the nefarious and oppressive tactics the city had been perpertrated aginst the black part of town for years? So the violence didn't start with the shooting of Micheal Brown, but at the exploitation of the black side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    so culturally there is a case for segregation?
    No culturally there is the case to nip the root cause of bad acts in the bud, before other bad acts follow.

Anybody find it odd that only 90 seconds of a longer interview was aired?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2020, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Anybody find it odd that only 90 seconds of a longer interview was aired?
    No people have the attention span of a gnat these days, he probably lost his audience in the first 30 seconds
    Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 04:46 AM
    Hard core Fox Fans never stray to far from their favorite and only news source, and don't need but a few seconds to take up the right wing chant against the latest boogie man. That's just the nature of the American conservative beast Clete. Take a word, make a book out of it and sell it as the bible.

Only takes a minute, no FACTS necessary, especially to hock something to the fan based like the app/site they pushed to see the whole interview. What you missed the grabber headlines?

"Black Lives Matter leader justifies rioting in interview with Tomi Lahren: 'Riot is the language of the unheard"

Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 04:56 AM
    How else can the attract a winger without a sensational headline and trailer?
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 05:29 AM
    Disappointing. A liberal makes a call for rioting, so it must be the fault of Fox News, trailers, and headlines? Left unanswered is the fact that the vast, vast majority of acts of violence carried out against black people are carried out, not by the police or white racists, but by other black people. Strangely, there are no calls for rioting about that. There are no replies by any of you about that. There is only the predictably disappointing mantra about how rioting and violence are regrettable, but it's all highly understandable considering the fact that slavery, after all, only ended 150 years ago, and the Jim Crow Laws (long gone), and a 70% out of wedlock birth rate (oops...that shouldn't have been slipped in there), and the comparatively rare acts of injustice committed by the police.

"JL, you just can't expect those of us who are committed to liberal politics to come out and condemn the statement of a BLM leader. We are too busy condemning Trump for saying things much less inflammatory. We just don't have the inclination."
    Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 07:55 AM
    Disappointing. A liberal makes a call for rioting, so it must be the fault of Fox News, trailers, and headlines? Left unanswered is the fact that the vast, vast majority of acts of violence carried out against black people are carried out, not by the police or white racists, but by other black people. Strangely, there are no calls for rioting about that. There are no replies by any of you about that. There is only the predictably disappointing mantra about how rioting and violence are regrettable, but it's all highly understandable considering the fact that slavery, after all, only ended 150 years ago, and the Jim Crow Laws (long gone), and a 70% out of wedlock birth rate (oops...that shouldn't have been slipped in there), and the comparatively rare acts of injustice committed by the police.

"JL, you just can't expect those of us who are committed to liberal politics to come out and condemn the statement of a BLM leader. We are too busy condemning Trump for saying things much less inflammatory. We just don't have the inclination."
    You are a card as a liberal makes a call for rioting, HE DIDN"T DO, and follow with, it must be the fault of Fox News, since I made no such claim just explained the sensationalistic ratings game that you decided to make your own ideological pet peeve and grievance rant. I commend you for getting so many into the paragraph even if they are not as accurate as you would want us to believe.

That last two line paragraph was a masterpiece, your best to date inane utterings of ridiculousness. I swear guy you have a great future at fox news and the make up artist can cover your shortcomings.
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 08:32 AM
    You are a card as a liberal makes a call for rioting, HE DIDN"T DO, and follow with, it must be the fault of Fox News, since I made no such claim just explained the sensationalistic ratings game that you decided to make your own ideological pet peeve and grievance rant. I commend you for getting so many into the paragraph even if they are not as accurate as you would want us to believe.
    I don't think you listened to the interview. He clearly endorsed violence.

What was not accurate about my post?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2020, 10:29 AM
    ANY call to violence by "organization" should be met with swift arrests, this is the only way that this kind of crap will be quelled and stopped. If you allow BLM to foment violence against another race or any other group, then they will continue to do that from now on and it will not stop. Facts are, if BLM calls for violence you can bet that, one day, they will be met with violence and it will be extreme: But, maybe that is their intention because they are "VICTOMHOOD" group and if they become victims of counter violence, then they can continue claiming VICTIMHOOD.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 10:40 AM
    I don't think you listened to the interview. He clearly endorsed violence.
    You haven't been reading very carefully. Tal said it so well:

"What you fail to concieve in your targeted outrage is often these violent outcomes is the product of pent up rage felt by those that have been violated where there was NO outrage, so the question really becomes why are you surprised at the violence by some and IGNORE the root causes of the violence. NO, you rather be stuck on them not condemning the current acts of violence, while you didn't condemn the past violence against them."
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 12:27 PM
    "What you fail to concieve in your targeted outrage is often these violent outcomes is the product of pent up rage felt by those that have been violated where there was NO outrage, so the question really becomes why are you surprised at the violence by some and IGNORE the root causes of the violence. NO, you rather be stuck on them not condemning the current acts of violence, while you didn't condemn the past violence against them."
    I read it. I just don't accept it. It is never acceptable for me to burn down my neighbor's store just because I'm mad. In Ferguson, the city is a large majority black, so whatever government they have is what they voted in. If they're mad, they can only be mad at themselves, and yet rioters still went out and burned down businesses on the basis of a completely false narrative.

So what you and Tal should say, but won't say, is that rioting, looting, and destruction are never acceptable just because someone is mad. Your liberal doctrinal positions won't allow you to be that honest, however.

For Tal to suggest that I don't condemn the acts of violence committed against black in decades past is ridiculous. I condemn them most aggressively. I also condemn the relatively rare acts of racial violence committed against blacks or, for that matter, anyone. Do I, like the two of you, excuse violence against innocent people because someone is mad about it? No. And also unlike the two of you, I have great concern over the primary threat, by far, against black people today, and that is violence by other black people. It mystifies me why the two of you are so quick to just ignore that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 12:35 PM
    Why are they mad?
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2020, 12:45 PM
    Why are they mad?
    In Ferguson, everyone was mad because they had been fed a false narrative about supposed police violence.

I still want to know why you are so quick to ignore black on black violence. Why does it not concern you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2020, 01:02 PM
    I still want to know why you are so quick to ignore black on black violence. Why does it not concern you?
    I am speechless at your accusation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good face cream that will lighten up scar on my face? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for something not too expensive and works , I can buy in drug store please

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil [ 1 Answers ]

There was a episode called hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil that aired in the 60's or 70's it was about 7 jars in a basement. Anyway... does anyone know anything about this so I can try to find out more about it? Thanks

View more questions Search