Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlexPR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Garage door opener won't open w/ remote, but it does close it, why ? Thanks
    I do have a Craftsman 41A4315-7D. The garage door opener does not open with the remote, but it does close it with the remote. I do not understand why. It is the same button to open or close. The gate does work properly when I operate it from the wall : it opens and close normally, but I could not open it using the remote. Once the gate is open, I could close it using the remote. Thanks for help me.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 01:27 PM

Press the lock button. The remote will close the door if the electronically locked but will not open.
    AlexPR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Press the lock button. The remote will close the door if the electronically locked but will not open.
    Ok Harold, Thank you very much. I will try that as soon as possible. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Garage door opener too close. [ 10 Answers ]

Replaced my old garage door with a new roll up one and now can not open the door full as the opener is not far enough to pull the door all the way. Opener is in from of a support beam for 2nd floor. Any Ideas or work around??

Garage Opener recognizes remote, but door won't open [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman garage door opener in the house I just bought. The wireless remote worked for about 2 days and is no longer working. I have replaced the battery, but no luck. The remote part number is 13953681B, if that helps. I got up and looked at the main box on the ceiling and when I...

Garage door won't open w/remote unless very close [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Stanley garage door with a remote control garage door opener. The remote openers (regardless if built into the car or the original ones that came with the opener) no longer open the garage door unless they are very close to the garage door itself. Any ideas on what it might be?

View more questions Search