Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NIRVANAMAN Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Saving access file
    1-what are the types of saving of access file... another word what is the different between
    Them?

2-how do you save an access file without change or modifying its contents?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2009, 02:45 PM

Depends on the version. For version prior to Access 2007, the types that the user needed to be concerned with were MDB, MDE and MDW. The MDB file is the container for all Access objects. The MDE file is a compiled version of the MDB with much of the design elements locked. The MDW is the security file containing the settings for User Level Security (ULS).

With Access 2007, the type to be concerned with are ACCDB and ACCDE. Which are the equivalents of the MDB and MDE. Access 2007 doesn't support ULS.

Because an Access file is a container for all Access objects, those individual objects are saved during using a file. If you make changes to the data, then the tables are updated. If you change the design of a form, report, query, etc. Then when you close that object the changes can be saved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File saving macro [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change the following code so all pc's on network can run macro and have it saved on their desktops? ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Desktop\FAWU", FileFormat _ :=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:= _ ...

Saving in Same File [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone who could help me I'd really appreciate it! I know nothing about computers at all. I scanned two images and saved them in the correct format in the same folder. How do I save them in the same file?

Saving a video file from a website [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way to copy and save an online video clip (as in You Tube) as a file that I can save and keep, as opposed to a link to a site? (A .wmv type file?)

View more questions Search