Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Dec 3, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Insulin Resistance / Syndrom X
    I was recently diagnosed with Insulin Resistance also known as Syndrome X. Can anyone share their symptoms, medication they are taking and what's working.
    I'm curious to hear what other people are going through?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 01:29 PM

Doc may forget to tell you that before meal values of blood sugar is just as important as 2 hours after a meal and before one. Suggested values depend on geography as the units are different.

Metformin should be tried first. Medication should be started VERY gradually because of intestinal problems. It might take 4 weeks to ramp up.

Byetta is an injectable and it's not a bad choice. It slows gastric absorption, so you don't get spikes. Not tested with insulin, but I'm using it off label. Don't use with meals containing oily foods such as fish. (my reccomendation) Symilyn (spelling) is similar for use with insulin.

Get information on Glycemic index. Limit foods with a high index. e.g. pizza, white bread, ice cream, pototoes (cooking method matters).

Hyperlipedemia (High triglycerides and cholesterol) goes with it. Lipitor, Tricor and Avandia (has warnings

Blood pressure must be below 120/80. 81 mg (baby aspirin daily) Lisinopril another choice.

Novolog (fast acting) Insulin

If your male don't let it get out of hand. Leads to erectile dysfunction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling all insulin dependent diabetics! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello there, have had diabetes for 15 years now and am injecting 4 times daily, but I'm a bit old skool and after overdosing by mistake with the pen (because I didn't hear it make the clicking noise it should make when its finished injecting the insulin) I have stuck to using syringes (as I don't...

Is Insulin Dependent Diabetes a complication or Comorbidities? [ 3 Answers ]

Is Insulin Dependent Diabetes a complication or comorbidities?

Insulin resistance [ 5 Answers ]

My son is a Type 1 Diabetic. 8 yrs old. Can he develop "Insulin Resistance" ?

Resistance [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I am doing a project on resistance.it is called to investage the relationship between the length of a metallic conductor and its resistance.could I please get any information on this as possible.. tanks

View more questions Search