Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Sep 27, 2008, 03:48 PM
    I think, with all do respect... you have some issues! It's like someone having a drink at your house and you cleaning up the cup before they finished their drink! Breath... you need to come down to earth and relax there is so many more important and relevant things to worry about in life then assets and possessions. Remember the Law of Attraction and keep it balanced. What is life if you can't live in your own skin? I agree with cozyk and the last thing you want to do is make your guests uncomfortable because they will just stop coming over. You need to stop being so overbearing and possessive... its just material objects. I have hardwood flooring throughout my house... exquisite might I add... we do our own hardwood so you can imagine the borders, 45 degree layout and all the additions. We also stopped buying so expensive because the kids just wreak it all and you know what... honestly it can all burn down one day and then I will think... why was I like that... because it does not matter in the end... really! (Hardwood is actually safer and healthier then carpet or tile)
    Patriarch Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Oct 1, 2008, 09:49 PM
    You have the right in your own house to expect or request guests to concede to your wishes. Shoes track in germs from the ground outside. This is unacceptable especially if you have children. So perhaps you could purchase some footies (I think that is what they are called), you know the sock-like feet coverings that are padded at the sole and are washable.
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

Oct 2, 2008, 12:33 PM

Keep in mind that the oils from bare feet can actually do more harm to your expensive rugs that feet that are coverd with shoes or socks or slippers.
    Cassiah Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Where I live (the great country of Canada) it has never been a question as to whether you should remove your shoes when entering someone's home. You just do it, no question's asked. It has nothing to do with germs or cleanliness either. It has everything to do with respect. From as far back as I can remember we were always told to take our shoes off at the door, and I teach my children the same thing. As far as I am concerned, wearing your shoes in someone's house shows to them that you have no respect for them or the effort they put into their home to keep it nice. And as far back as I can remember, I have never had anyone walk into my home without taking their shoes off first. But like I said, it's because I was always raised like this. It may be a different story, if it was the other way around and we always had our shoes on no matter what. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get my Slippers [ 2 Answers ]

Murphy calls to see his mate Paddy who has a broken leg. Paddy says, "Me feet are freezing mate, could you nip upstairs and get me slippers?" "No bother," he says, and he runs upstairs and there are Paddy's two stunning 19 year old twin daughters sat naked on their beds. "Hello dere girls,...

Dinner Party Etiquette - guests inviting more guests! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a small dinner party with family members. A month ago I sent out an email invitation to the all the family living near by, total of 12 guests. Now, 3 days before the party one of the family members has invited 6 more people to my party, 4 are family from out of town, 2 are dates. ...

Will the Democrats insist that we end our associations with Venezuela ? [ 4 Answers ]

Will the Democrats insist that we end our associations with Venezuela now that the Washington Compost has called out Hugo Chavez ? 'Mr. Chavez's Coup A constitutional 'reform' could complete Venezuela's transformation into a...

Co.'s Insist on requiring home phone #.. . [ 6 Answers ]

I am in dire need of an answer. I do not have a home telephone. I want to order online - yet they insist on me entering a telephone number. What do I insert in those l0 spaces if I don't have a phone? It is the only way the sites will let me proceed with my orders. Can anyone help me? ...

Ribbon guests [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of including an enclosure in the invitation that says Ribbon Guests for family to give the ushers when entering the church.

View more questions Search