Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tradawg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Hold on bank account
    What exactly is a "hold" on my checking account? There is an old unpaid Dr. bill (20 yrs.) that has a "Hold" on my acct. I have written checks and they are going to bounce, I was NEVER served properly. Big Surprise! What recourse do I have?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Hello T:

The bank will give you a copy of the "hold". Go to the courthouse named and file a motion to reverse the judgment due to faulty service.

excon

PS> Ahhhh. I see you say "properly"... How do you know? I'll bet the judge thinks it was proper enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get a bank account after the bankruptcy has been granted?

Old Bank Account [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend is being audited by IRS. He needs to locate an old bank account that he had when married. Wife has moved out of state and he does not know how to locate her to find out name of bank in year2000. Is there a way to find out information maybe with your social security number.

Bank Hold & garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I received notice of judgement. My bank account was put on hold. I called the law offices. I agreed to make an initial payment and then make monthly payments. They said they would release my account after I went to the bank and signed the release of payment. I had two judgements for the same...

Hold On Account [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved to Texas changed my address at my bank.I received a judgment in the mail from from Erie county in New York. I now have a hold on my account is this legal also my account only holds social security benefits as I am disabled Please help:confused:

Hold on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I deposited my federal student loan check in my bank account and a hold was placed on the account by an unknown creditor. I never received notice. Can my federal studen loan monies be held if it is to be used for education?

View more questions Search