Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mshilleh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 11:24 AM
    Legal hold on bank account BUT I they put a hold on a larger amount than was in there
    A state marshall put a hold on my account because of a judement but the hold was for more than I had in my account what can I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2010, 11:59 AM

Nothing. As long as the hold was not for more than the judgment, its legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Order to hold funds on joint bank account [ 1 Answers ]

If I wanted to go and get another bank account somewhere, could I if there is already a legal order on my current joint bank account? Also, if my joint bank acct that has the legal order on it is now overdrawn, if I deposit more funds will those funds be applied to the overdrawn amount or does...

My bank put my funds on hold! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the District of Columbia and one day, I made a cash deposit to my bank account at the teller's desk. I remember it was a Friday. The deposit being cash should have been available to me right away. Over the weekend, while checking on my account online, I saw that the money I deposited was...

Hold on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a "hold" on my checking account? There is an old unpaid Dr. bill (20 yrs.) that has a "Hold" on my acct. I have written checks and they are going to bounce, I was NEVER served properly. Big Surprise! What recourse do I have?

Hold on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I deposited my federal student loan check in my bank account and a hold was placed on the account by an unknown creditor. I never received notice. Can my federal studen loan monies be held if it is to be used for education?

View more questions Search