Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harish_barapati Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2016, 12:53 PM
    Cutting price
    Hello I have a difficulty in answering this question can any one please help me ?as soon as possible ?

Assume you are a manager at one of supermarkets in town. Supermarkets are torn between pricing high to extract buyer surplus from loyal customers and pricing low to grab price-sensitive consumers. The dilemma is compounded in the presence of competition. Cutting price may not raise profit if a competing supermarket cuts price even lower.
    A summer intern college student suggests to randomize the price discounts. Indeed, the dazzling array of “specials” in a supermarket advertisement does appear like randomized discounts.
    Please evaluate the suggestion above. Would you adopt that suggestion, and why?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 01:02 PM
    What do YOU think? As a customer, would you like that system of pricing?

Jun 18, 2016, 01:55 PM
    I don't think its suitable pricing . What is your openion, can you tell me in detail?
    Thank you for the reply
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harish_barapati View Post
    I don't think its suitable pricing . What is your openion, can you tell me in detail?
    Thank you for the reply
    Go to three different chains of supermarkets and look at prices. Compare prices on certain items. (Make a spreadsheet.) Look at ads for those same supermarkets. What do you see?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 02:38 PM
    Thank you for the reply
    Why is it unsuitable pricing?

Jun 18, 2016, 07:02 PM
    I am sorry, I don't have enough knowledge so I posted the question here to get some ideas and answers
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 07:17 PM
    I am sorry, I don't have enough knowledge so I posted the question here to get some ideas and answers
    Are there grocery stores where you live?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 07:24 PM
    Education takes work. I worked in a grocery store for 10 years and have a degree in this area. You won't learn if you get your answers from someone else. Is the issue that you are taking a class in English and you don't understand the language enough to answer these questions?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 19, 2016, 04:27 AM
    I'll give you some hints. Supermarkets generally do have a lot of competition. They do have a wide variety of items. Hence, they engage in something of a game with each other, sending out spy shoppers. They also time their ads. The result is a dance of sorts - you rarely see the same items on sale at competing stores, except before big holidays. Look up 'loss leader.'

Jun 19, 2016, 07:57 AM
    Thank you for the hints

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does to seed-cutting differ from shelterwood cutting? [ 0 Answers ]

How does to seed-cutting differ from shelterwood cutting?

Goods on consigment out at sale price ( including gross profit 50% of selling price) [ 1 Answers ]

This goods should be included in who's inventory. Having on mind that goods on consingment in belong to the consigner.

My frind stop cutting or other ways then cutting [ 3 Answers ]

My closest friend cutts because she was verbally, physically, and sexually abused. But I don't know how to help and its hurts me that she feels that she needs to cut her self to hind the pain. She tried killing herself 3 times and stopped cutting for 1 month but couldn't take it anymore

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

View more questions Search