Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zerofive Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 07:14 AM
    In search for a sponsor
    I have an invention, which is epoch-making one in the hisotry of BICYCLE.
    The invention has been filed for an international patent.

I am in search for a sponsor to help me with commercialization of the inventio.

What is the best way to meeting with a soponsor?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2012, 07:45 AM
    You write up business proposals, and submit it to various funding groups. You present it to investments groups, manufacturer and more. Since it is so great, and if it is evident, then finding a investor should not be a issue, Now they will want some major ownership or payment if it goes, thus the issue since most inventors don't want to contract away a large part of their invention
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 08:22 AM
    I would suggest contacting bicycle manufacturers to discuss the patent and propose that they work with you to bring it to market. Insist on all parties signing a non-disclosure agrement ahead of time. Filing the patent is good, but be aware that once the patent is granted it becomes public information so that anyone can see it, which may spark their own interest in the technology on their own. Patents don't protect ideas, but rather the embodiment of an idea in a design, and most patents are pretty easy to design around to avoid infringement. So be prepared to discuss why your particular design is the best option, and try to convince them that marketing this design will be very profitable for them. BTW, the typical license fee that you could expect to charge if they use your patent is around 3% - 6% of revenue, which may be a lot of money. So be prepared for your partner to want to get out of having to pay this by designing around your patent. Again - this is why you need to comcentrate less on the details of the patent itself and more on marketijng your expertise. And be prepared to file additional patents with expanded claims as you continue to refine the design.
    zerofive Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    I would suggest contacting bicycle manufacturers to discuss the patent and propose that they work with you to bring it to market. Insist on all parties signing a non-disclosure agrement ahead of time. Filing the patent is good, but be aware that once the patent is granted it becomes public information so that anyone can see it, which may spark their own interest in the technology on their own. Patents don't protect ideas, but rather the embodiment of an idea in a design, and most patents are pretty easy to design around to avoid infringement. So be prepared to discuss why your particular design is the best option, and try to convince them that marketing this design will be very profitable for them. BTW, the typical license fee that you could expect to charge if they use your patent is around 3% - 6% of revenue, which may be a lot of money. So be prepared for your partner to want to get out of having to pay this by designing around your patent. Again - this is why you need to comcentrate less on the details of the patent itself and more on marketijng your expertise. And be prepared to file additional patents with expanded claims as you continue to refine the design.
    Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My spouse is to sponsor my sponsor,do I still need to submit my statement of account [ 0 Answers ]

I want to invite my spouse and he will be spnsored my sponsor,do I stii need to submite my statement of account?

View more questions Search