Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wtfury Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Is Fortune Hi Tech Marketing good?
    My youngest daughter called this evening and told me she was thinking about signing up with Fortune Hi Tech Marketing. My question is this; Are they a good online company, or just another scam?
    She wants to try to make some extra money with an online company and do it from home in her spare time.
    I've gone to their wesite and it seems legite but haven't been able to locate how much money they want at signup. I'm worried she'll get ripped off and my wife has told her to really check it out before agreeing to anything. So, is there anybody out there that can help? I'd really like to forward any info you can give, good or bad, so she'll make a good decision.

Thx in advance,
    wtfury
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfury
    but haven't been able to locate how much money they want at signup. I'm worried she'll get ripped off
    Hello wt:

If she's signing up to make money, why would she have to pay anything to sign up?? What does this company expect of her? Is there an actual job doing something??

Without any more information, I'd stay away! It smells to high heaven.

excon
    merletweb Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfury
    My youngest daughter called this evening and told me she was thinking about signing up with Fortune Hi Tech Marketing. My question is this; Are they a good online company, or just another scam?
    She wants to try to make some extra money with an online company and do it from home in her spare time.
    I've gone to their wesite and it seems legite but haven't been able to locate how much money they want at signup. I'm worried she'll get ripped off and my wife has told her to really check it out before agreeing to anything. So, is there anybody out there that can help? I'd really like to forward any info you can give, good or bad, so she'll make a good decision.

Thx in advance,
    wtfury
    Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM) is a legit company. It's been in business for seven years and continues to grow faster each year. It's a network marketing company. This concept has been around for over 50 years and has made many people very wealthy.

There is an investment since you are starting a business not being hired for a job. My wife and I have been in the business for over a year and we can testify to the fact that the business works if you work the business. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. The company provides training and mentoring. You don't just join and get left on your own. We hold their hands until they can work the business on their own and even then we're still available to help them if they need us.

I strongly recommend this company. Let's get real here, would companies like Dish Network, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Disney, GE, etc. partner with a company this isn't legit? Those companies are Fortune 500 companies with a huge legal staff. They have looked into FHTM in extreme detail before partnering with FHTM.

>Website Linked REMOVED<
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Any body see a theme here, a new member asks a question about a network marketing company and poof, another new member just happens to join up that knows all the facts. Was that not just the perfect luck or what.

If it was that easy, well a promise of riches for doing almost nothing, personal opinoin run from it as fast as humanly possible.
    wtfury Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 04:11 AM
    Yea Chuck, When she told me about it I thought I'd see if anybody here knew anything. Didn't know I'd start a recruitment theme. I've always been a hard working person. Tried a few home marketing things myself with no results. So when she called and told us what she was thinking about doing, I had to ask.
    I'm leaving it up to my daughter to decide, but I have told her to check it out and make sure it's legit. I know she's just looking to supplement her income. I've even told her to check into medical transcribing as she does work in the medical field. Thanks for posts.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Yes, I guess the thing is, a person can make money on any scheme almost if it is just not illegal. ** and they don't seem to be illegal.
    A lot of the stuffing evelopes at home and the re-shipping of items is of course as is all of the cashing checks for companies.

But it is just like amway ( love those products) and some of the MLM things, you can really make money, but you will have to work at it.
    I wish it was that easy, heck I need to make an extra 1000 a month myself. But I find most money on things are made signing up other people, not sure about this. Heck there is even this Coastal Vacation people. ** have not seen them for a while, I know some people make money, but a lot don't either, it is the how much work are you going to do.

I got into an "insurnace" thing a while back, the upper people made money, I did not sign anybody under me, I made a little money
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 05:35 AM
    That byebyejob website exhibits the MLM scam warning signs:
    - phone number is unlisted, cannot do reverse lookup on it
    - absolutely no contact information for people or company location
    - makes a point to not mention what the products are or how they are sold, big focus on getting rich, no mention of "fees" yet you have been asked to pay something up front

Run, don't walk away from this.

Aug 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    That byebyejob website exhibits the MLM scam warning signs:
    - phone number is unlisted, cannot do reverse lookup on it
    - absolutely no contact information for people or company location
    - makes a point to not mention what the products are or how they are sold, big focus on getting rich, no mention of "fees" yet you have been asked to pay something up front

Run, don't walk away from this.
    Thanks for your opinion. Allow me to resond.

I'll start by asking you a few questions. How long have you been in business? What are your qualifications that would urge someone to take your advice? How many years of network marketing do you have behind you?

My business web addresss is FortuneHeadquarters.com There you will find our complete list of products/services and investment required.

We don't use our personal phone numbers because of number of prank callers. This has forced us to use message numbers. A common practice in this industry, I'm sure you're aware of this.

As for getting rich, get your hands on a copy of last month's issue of "Success from Home" magazine. Then entire issue is devoted to FHTM and shows many that have become "RICH" in this company. In fact the magazine will be publishing a follow-up issue. Something the have never done before.

Our company was also featured on the cover of "Millionaire Blueprints" magazine eariler this year.

Other than your opinion that you mentioned above can you give any solid evidence that FHTM is other than credible? I do mean solid evidence, not just opinion based on a hunch. I would like for you to cite your sources. FHTM has a top notch legal department that is poised to sue anyone what slanders the company.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 24, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by merletweb
    FHTM has a top notch legal department that is poised to sue anyone what slanders the company.
    Now before you even think about legal action it is extremely important that you get your terms right.
    They can happily sue me for SLANDER, I'll even give you my contact information to that end.

Anyway this DOESN'T detract from the fact that FHTM has all the look and feel of a classic MLM operation.
    Call it what you will and dress it up however you want, it's all the same.
    The poor schmuck at the bottom does ALL the work for little reward UNLESS he can recruit people for a level BELOW him.

For further eading on MLM read here for starters: Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aug 24, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Any body see a theme here, a new member asks a question about a network marketing company and poof, another new member just happens to join up that knows all the facts. Was that not just the perfect luck or what.

If it was that easy, well a promise of riches for doing almost nothing, personal opinoin run from it as fast as humanly possible.
    First of all I never knew this web site existed until I got a message from Google News. I subscribe to the service at they report anything with "Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing" in the title or text of an article. This one came up this week so I investigated it. That's why I subscribe to the service. I'm surprised that a Ordained Minister would have such negative thoughts toward someone he doesn't even know.

Your description of MLM companies falls in line with those that have not really looked at it in detail. Yes, there are sign-up bonuses but the real money is in residual income from sales. Our company requires us to gather only 10 customers. If you want more money, sure you can get more but gathering 10 customers and recruiting only 3 others to do the same doesn't take much and delivers a large sum of money. It can allow one to retire after doing the business for 3-5 years. This is much better than 40 years, don't you agree?

If you are willing I will take the time to show you how MLM compensation plans work and how the money is really made.

If you want to see a scam they go to corporate America. They buy your services at wholesale and resell them at a great profit. You can rarely make more money than your boss and he/she never want for you to learn more than they know. They won't teach you how to do their job. They want you to climb "the ladder of success". Only problem is the scenery never changes. It's the butt of the person above you. The only way you can move up is when he/she does. The secret of success is not to climb the ladder but to own it! Jobs may be good for some but there is a segment of the population that will not settle for that. Network Marketing or MLM is the business for those type of people. It's not for everyone. Some folks have no business owning a business. We look for those that want more and guess what? We find them!

Thanks for opinion. You sound like a reasonable person that can look at all the facts and then come to a qualified conclusion.

Respectfully,
    Paul

Aug 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Now before you even think about legal action it is extremely important that you get your terms right.
    They can happily sue me for SLANDER, I'll even give you my contact information to that end.

Anyway this DOESN'T detract from the fact that FHTM has all the look and feel of a classic MLM operation.
    Call it what you will and dress it up however you want, it's all the same.
    The poor schmuck at the bottom does ALL the work for little reward UNLESS he can recruit people for a level BELOW him.

For further eading on MLM read here for starters: Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the correction. It looks like you understood me. Nevertheless my questions still stand: How long have you been in business? What are your qualifications that would urge someone to take your advice? How many years of network marketing do you have behind you?

For further reading please get a copy of last month's issue of "Success from Home" magazine.

You really don't seem to fully understand the concept of MLM. I'd be more than glad to bring you up to date if you wish.

Thanks for you reply,
    Paul
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 24, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by merletweb
    Thanks for the correction. It looks like you understood me. Nevertheless my questions still stand: How long have you been in business? What are your qualifications that would urge someone to take your advice? How many years of network marketing do you have behind you?
    Ok I'll play for a bit.
    1/ Long enough
    2/ Common sense
    3/ All of them.

Now please this isn't a recruitment campaign for what ever MLM is the flavour of the minute.
    If you would take the time to read some other similar posts on the site you will find that this style of post crops up again and again.

Easy Riches are always promised, but on deeper digging the picture isn't so rosy.
    There is a saturation point to ANY MLM operation that is reached relatively quickly and the only way to ensure continual growth is to proactivly recruit others.
    Remember the says That All That Glitters Is NOT Gold and If It Sounds To Good To Be True It Probably Is.

Thank you.

For anyone that's interested:
    Ripoff Report Search Results: fortune hi tech
    MLM Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 06:54 PM
    How long have you been in business?
    Much longer than you have.

What are your qualifications that would urge someone to take your advice?
    I have been on the internet since its inception, around 1989. I have helped spot dubious business proposals soon after that.

How many years of network marketing do you have behind you?
    None (thank goodness), but I have seen many others lose money and they have told me their stories.

We don't use our personal phone numbers because of number of prank callers. This has forced us to use message numbers. A common practice in this industry, I'm sure you're aware of this.
    No I am not aware of this. I know of no legitimate business that is frightened of prank callers.

FHTM has a top notch legal department that is poised to sue anyone what slanders the company.
    The fact that you immediate response is to use legal action puts you in the same league as Scientology. And we all know how legit they are. If you are doing this then you obviously are running scared because you have something to hide.

Aug 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Ok I'll play for a bit.
    1/ Long enough
    2/ Common sense
    3/ All of them.

Now please this isn't a recruitment campaign for what ever MLM is the flavour of the minute.
    If you would take the time to read some other similar posts on the site you will find that this style of post crops up again and again.

Easy Riches are always promised, but on deeper digging the picture isn't so rosy.
    There is a saturation point to ANY MLM operation that is reached relatively quickly and the only way to ensure continual growth is to proactivly recruit others.
    Remember the says That All That Glitters Is NOT Gold and If It Sounds To Good To Be True It Probably Is.

Thank you.

For anyone that's interested:
    Ripoff Report Search Results: fortune hi tech
    MLM Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing

I never tell anyone it's easy. In fact I stress the fact that work is involved. It does take work, but then what doesn't? Jobs take work and offer very little in reward. Work 40 hours a week for 40 years then take a major cut in pay when you retire. Someone else decides when you get a raise and when you can take a day off. You have little or nothing to say about it. If one of your kids is sick and has to go to the doctor you have to ask permission to take time off to make sure your child can be seen by a doctor. In some cases it's a supervisor several years younger than you with him mind on reading his MySpace account or what new video MTV will be showing that evening. Now that's what I call a scam!

We definitely have a difference of opinion regarding Network Marketing. It's working great for me and my team. We're very happy and have made many people happy with their new futures. Some of us have already reached the "rich" status and are currently helping other get there too. This type of business isn't for everyone. Indeed it's clear that it's not for you. Likewise, jobs aren't for me. I've had some and didn't like 'em. Working for myself sure is nice. The business model is simple, the work isn't easy. It's not a get rich quick scheme. Anyone that says so is simply not telling the truth. Success in network marketing can take 3 to 5 years if it's done right. Yes, you can get rich in network marketing.

The web sites you cited are far from credible. A vast majority of the posts are based on opinion only, very few if any facts. In fact scam.com may very well qualify as a scam. I surprised you haven't come to that conclusion by now.

Yes, I have heard people say "If it sounds too good to be true it is" but I've never heard a rich person say that.

I won't waste you time trying to convert you. I have years of experience in networking marketing and learned long ago that when someone makes up their mind about something no one will change it.

Be well my friend. I wish you well in whatever you pursue.

Aug 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
    How long have you been in business?
    Much longer than you have.
    What kind of answer is that? Please tell me how long I've been in business.

What are your qualifications that would urge someone to take your advice?
    I have been on the internet since its inception, around 1989. I have helped spot dubious business proposals soon after that.
    I worked on the internet in a government facility long before it became public. I wasn't just "on the internet" I actually worked on it before the world wide web was developed and data was being transmitted via telnet and ftp in the 70's. Looks like we have a similar background in that area.

How many years of network marketing do you have behind you?
    None (thank goodness), but I have seen many others lose money and they have told me their stories.
    I thought so. Most critics have limited or no experience in the field. I know there are people on the internet that are scams but I'm not about to assume that everyone on the internet is a scam artist. That would only be silly. It only takes an hour or so to learn about network marketing from someone that is in the business and successful. Sitting down with someone like that would allow you to ask all the questions you have. Anyone with an open mind should be able to handle something like that. Post a message on your local Craigslist and I'm sure someone would be more than glad to take the time to discuss this issue with you. Network marketing has been around for over 50 years and has survived critics all this time.

Yes, there are some businesses out there that hide behind the title of network marketing or mlm that are scams. Of course that's true in any line of business. It's hard to feel comfortable buying a car from a used car dealer due to all the scams in that business. That doesn't mean all car dealers are scams does it?

Thanks for your input, it was very interesting.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Hello:

I don't know. I went to the website, and I didn't see anything about product and services... I don't know what they sell, if anything.. If I was interested is working, I'd kind of want to know what work I'd be doing... They don't tell you. I wonder why.

excon
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Yes Excon this is the verry first red flag of a marketing company, when all the are selling on their web site if the right to sell their product but don't tell you what the product is. Heck at least that other company we talk about a lot tells us on their site what they sell.

I believe they market the right to sign other people up to market the right to market people.

Maybe we should "sell" rights to use this site or something, set up a marketing plan where we get paid to sign up new members. Then all the admin people here would be super rich, could do the site form some island they buy off the coast.

Aug 25, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Gee folks, this isn't rock science. The web site is very simple to understand. Go to FortuneHeadquarters.com and look at the menu bar on the left hand side of the page. It's the black bar with gold buttons. The 3rd button from the top reads "Fortune Products". Move your pointer over that button and click on it. You can see all the products/services we offer and you can also buy them there.

As for what you need to do just go to the same menu bar and click on the image at the top of the menu that reads "SEE PRESENTATION".

It's all there. Thank you Fr_Chuck for casting the first stone without looking at where the stone was being cast.

If this business isn't for you I completely understand. Just get ready to go to work for the man for the rest of your adult life and enjoy our 2 weeks of annual vacation.

God bless you all.
    nsteblay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Gambiling - many people lose a little, a few win a lot.

Network Marketing - many people spend a little, a few make a lot.

Network Marketing - always based on some good (health, clean, etc.) feel product. In recent times has proved to be a cost effective means for large companies to market their products. No downside for the large companies, so they sign up. It's all economics.

I think people should educate themselves - arts, literature, sciences, engineering, philosophy, theology, politics, psychology, etc. and get job, start a business, provide a service, make something that really adds value to life.

It is a Godly to work hard at something you love and that really helps people. It is un-Godly to work for the love of money and earn simply by taking advantage of others. Just because a system provides economic benefit to large corporations and is "legal" doesn't make it ethical. Network marketing (pyramid schemes) will always be legal, like gambling, because there aren't "big" losers, just lots of "little" losers. Pyramid schemes are mostly harmless but philosophically I question their ethics.

Aug 27, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nsteblay
    Network marketing (pyramid schemes) will alway be legal, like gambling, because there aren't "big" losers, just lots of "little" losers. Pyramid schemes are mostly harmless but philosophically I question their ethics.
    Pyramid schemes, a business model where only the people at the to make all the money. Sounds like corporate America to me. How many businesses exist where an employee makes more money they their supervisor? Churches are a pyramid. Pastor, associate Pastors, Deacons, and on down the line. Government, same thing. Families, Parents are at the top of the pyramid. Work place, pyramid.. The pyramid is not a bad thing. It's bad in a business that is MLM but not all MLMs work that way. FHTM allows members to excel beyond their sponsors. My son has past the 5 people above him in earnings.

Not all MLMs are bad. It's true that 80 percent of MLMs will fail within the first year but guess what? The same is true for any small business. In fact the failure rate is higher in the restaurant business! It more in the hight 90 percentile! Does that mean all small business are scams? Does that mean that all restaurants are a scam? NO! It just means that only 10 percent of people belong in business. When someone joins a MLM and fails a majority of the time it's because that person failed to follow directions.

I don't believe that anyone can make money by doing nothing! MLMs, just like any other business requires work! I don't think it's evil to desire money. In fact the Bible has something to say about that: "But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who give you the ability to produce wealth..." Dt. 8:18 God wants us to be blessed in order to be a blessing to others. This requires us to work for it, not just pray and sit there until manna falls from heaven. It doesn't work that way. "Faith without deeds is dead" James 2:26

If it's bad to desire wealth then should everyone quit their jobs? Of course not! Is $6.00 an hour wealth? In a majority of the world, yes it is! A wealthy person can do a lot of good. Ask any pastor where the majority of his church's donations come from. He will tell you that 20 percent of the members give 80 percent of the offerings. A majority of that 20 percent are business owners or wealthy people. Go ahead, ask! I've asked many pastors and that's the answer I keep getting. Rich people carry the local church. There isn't anything wrong with that. I asked a local business man about his giving thousands of dollars to his church and other churches too. He told me: "I simply can't out give God, the more I give the more he blesses me." He understands where his success comes from and shares his wealth with the churches in his community.

I just can't agree with your comments. I'm in the MLM business and I know how it works. Not by what someone's know-it-all brother-in-law but from personal experience. A person will get as much out of MLM as he puts into it. No work, no money. Lots of work, lots of money. Hey, it's a business. It requires work. If someone doesn't like work then he has no business in any type of business, not just MLM! Lazy people don't make money.

Thanks for you time. May God bless you, He certainly blesses me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fortune telling [ 2 Answers ]

I'm totally intrigued by this page. Can anyone claim to foresee other peoples futures from their posts? If so I would love to hear what anyone can tell me about myself. I'm willing to answer any questions

Can I make my own fortune [ 2 Answers ]

I have always wondered,with karma going around, that can we make and predict our own fortunes. . I'm from south africa and most people here do that through their ancestors and the elders of the family. . But is it really possible to control your own destiny in your own hands given you make the...

Regarding m.tech [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This is anand .My gate rank is 711 in eee department.I have obc reservation also. Can I get admission in iits?Is there any site which gives number of obc candidates before this rank.If there is achance for admitting into iits to which iits I need to apply? Kindly forward this...

M.Tech [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently completed AMIE in Mechanical. I want to do M.Tech through distance education. Please suggest me the universities in India that are offering the same. Waiting for your reply.. Thanks, Prasad P.D

Fortune tellers predictions. [ 6 Answers ]

A fortune teller once said to me, that I will travel a lot, and will get married and have two boys. Well the only truth is that I married, the other two haven't happened. Another fortune teller told me that I :) would also have 2 boys. Does anybody believe in fortune tellers? Or did anybody get a...

View more questions Search