Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ModernNature37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Tattoo designs.
    I have this idea for my next tattoo that came to me in a dream. THe idea is of a crow being attacked by a hawk and another crow saving the crow1 from the hawk. The three birds will be in a triangular or circular shape. I want crow1 and the hawk to be facing. The hawk is attacking from the northeast with his wings behind him and talons in front. Crow 1 with his wings curled slightly in front of his body with his talons out stretched as well and his stomach pointed slightly up like he is falling downward. The second crow I want to be coming in under the hawk with maybe an underneath view of the hawk. His beak will be very close to the tail of the hawk. I have been looking at individual tattoos of each a crow and a hawk to see if I could piece some together for a general idea but I haven't had much luck. I feel like this would have to be a large tattoo to incorporate details but I don't really want to get a big tattoo. I want it in center of my back on the right side over the rib cage. I am a female. I don't want it to be bigger than it has to be I just want there to be enough detail that you can tell what kind of bird is what and what they are doing. Do any professionals have an estimation of the size needed for a tattoo like this?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 08:15 PM

I think you will have a proportion problem, plus an identification and understanding problem.

What's the point of the tattoo with the birds?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 11:42 AM

Hi Modern',

Do you know someone who is good at drawing, you can tell them what you want, how big you would like it to be and they can sketch you a design.

You then take it along to the tatooist, who will then tell you if they can do your design or not.

Where I work there is a guy who is brilliant at drawing, many people come in and ask him to draw a design for this very reason.

So firstly you need to look for someone who can draw you your own personalised design.

Make sure it is exactly what you want, because this as you know is permanent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding tattoo designs [ 6 Answers ]

Where do you think is the best place to find tattoo designs?

Pysanky designs [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for some simple designs to try on pysanky eggs. I love all the small designs I have found , but don't know how to go about getting this on the eggs with out some sort of template. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search