Ask
    eva romero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2014, 01:12 PM
    Can I rent a car in calgary paying cash
    I need to rent a car and pay cash in calgary
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2014, 01:17 PM
    Even if you give a credit card, you can pay by cash at checkout time. Otherwise they will require a large deposit. Call around to car rental agencies to check their requirements.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 3, 2014, 01:22 PM
    Any car rental places I know of require a credit card as a deposit. Once done, they will accept cash as payment.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 3, 2014, 02:15 PM
    Yes of course they need a credit card, but the transaction isn't completed until the car is returned then you can pay cash. They only need the CC for collateral. Why would they just give you the car without securing their investment!

Any CDN knows this, we aren't all yokels up here ! Oh, wait a minute, we all use dog sleds !
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2014, 02:23 PM
    Oh, wait a minute, we all use dog sleds !
    I could use a dog sled about now. Six inches of snow so far.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2014, 11:19 PM
    I will guess the issue, is that even with a credit card, they will show or hold a sum of money, if you have 0 credit or non card, it is not possible, same with a bank card, some will use a ATM type card, but funds are frozen for a specific amount
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2014, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elinasara View Post
    Yes, you can...
    Care to explain how exactly? SInce the credit card is collateral...and nobody is handing over keys to an expensive vehicle with zero collateral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent a car in Calgary, without credit card? [ 6 Answers ]

We are looking to rent a Mini van with cash, but just accepts credit cards on all agencies that we were call.. My grandpa lost his credit card and we can't do anything to rent a car. Anyone knows where we can rent a car with cash or debit?

Paying rent [ 2 Answers ]

I'am a single mother of 2 girls and I'am drowning here, between my ex ruining my credit, and my job laying off people , Iam behind on my rent and some ulitilies bills, I live in Pittsburgh Pa, how can I get some help? I applied for child support but the courts gave me a court date two months away,...

Not paying rent [ 1 Answers ]

Have a friend who rented a warehouse to a couple who was going to start a business out of the warehouse. They signed a lease that stated the roof leaked in one area. Two or three months after moving in they stopped paying rent and got a lawer and are now trying to sue the lady that has the...

Paying rent [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to pay rent on a foreclosure house even if I don't have a lease and I plan to move by the 21st and should I get my deposit by and how do I go about it

Paying Rent [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just curious, in my lease it says that my landlord will collect the rent of the first of every month, well it's nearly halfway through January and he still hasn't come to get it. Is it my job to go to him and say here's the rent, or can I just wait for him? (I've had to chase him down every...

View more questions Search