Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmack2095 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2014, 10:55 PM
    Military stress
    I need serious help. I can't sleep at night because I'm in constant stress of trying to be the perfect service member. Yesterday I went to my first sergeant and told him about some pretty tragic things that happened earlier in the year, and today everyone looked at me weird and treated me like a leper. I feel trapped and I need some answers. What do I do? I'm on my own on this one.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 3, 2014, 11:14 PM
    You're an adult now...in the service....it's time to start being an adult. You sergeant does not care what happened to you. I don't mean that to be harsh, I am just saying it is what it is. Telling him this stuff, unless he asked to know, was probably a little over the line as it really isn't his problem. Really, all I can say is that you made the choice to join, it's time to face the reality that you are there and it's a different world.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2014, 03:59 AM
    Did you go, to your sergeant or the First sergeant. You do not go see and talk to the First Sergeant unless you are dead, and then ask permission first.

Your sergeant is also not there to be your friend or your buddy, and they do not care what happened to you, yesterday, and do not want to know of any issues or problems, unless it effects the group directly.

It is time to face reality, that no one, really cares, and no one wants to hear about your problems.

If you want to talk to someone, see the Chaplain, or get counseling.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2014, 05:12 AM
    I'm not surprised they treat you like a leper. You want tragic? Wait until you are in combat, and your best friends you have known since boot camp gets killed in front of you, or dies in you arms because you failed to react fast enough, or in the right way. The other people in your unit know their lives will likely be in the hands of you, and if you can't deal with tragity in your life... they can't trust you when the chips are down... and if they can't trust you with their lives then there is no unit coheasion... and that makes you the odd man out.

Sorry, that's life as an adult... and its even more true when in the Armed forces. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link... you are apparently the weak link and they all see it. I agree with Fr_Chuck, see the Chaplain, perhaps get counceling... maybe its not too late to turn things around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military movie / military school [ 2 Answers ]

The movie is about military school and a strict boss / sergeant. He is rude and mean to recruits. I think its 1980-1990's movie. Do you guys now any movies like this?

Serious stress [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and my husband and I just had a very stressful argument tonight and I just noticed some brown spotting tonight. I'm worried and he's worried that he cause a MS. can you give me any advice. After the argument I suddenly had a mean cramp all around my stomach

Military to Military Marriage Different Home of Records [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both are active duty military and we have two different "Home of Records". My husband is a NC resident and I am a TN resident (no state tax) I am trying to file MFJ for federal. Everything went well until I went to file state taxes for him. How do I do this? Can I file federal...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Stress? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if these are stress related symptoms. Everything started 3 weeks ago. I suffered from a 100 degree fever and horrible body aches for only 1 day. Then a severe migraine that lasted a week. (By the way I have never ever had a migraine before that.) Followed by upset stomach...

View more questions Search