Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    white-rose Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Dec 10, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Written up at work? Im so CONFUSED!
    I am a server and my manager made a list of what tables all the servers had. I was with my friend and took the list down to look at it and forgot to put it back up. My manager was looking for it and I told him I took it down and gave it to him, he was ticked off, and I couldn't believe over something so meek. Since that night he hasn't talked to me and my friend since, I ignored it but knew it was because of that incident.

Well here's where it gets terrible for me. Today, two weeks later, my manager comes up to me and hands me papers to sign. I look down at it and read it and it says "Marissa has taken and hid the schedule from so and so date on purpose" something along those lines. It was a written warning and he expected me to sign it! I had never been so insulted in my entire life, I threw the papers back at him and in an angry tone said "I'm not signing those." I walked out of my job telling my friend I quit.

Why the heck did I get a warning for something stupid that I didn't even do? I didn't even get a verbal warning before hand. Am I wrong for walking out? I was just so insulted that my manager would write me up for something like taking down a paper with tables drawn on it and forgetting to put it back up!!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by white-rose View Post
    I was with my friend and took the list down to look at it and forgot to put it back up. My manager was looking for it and I told him I took it down and gave it to him, he was ticked off,
    This does sound like something minor to write you up about.

But I am just a little confused. You say you forgot to put it back up, which sounds like you still had it. Then you say you gave it back to your manager.

Regardless, you should have expressed your feelings in a mature manner before walking out. You could have prevented the write up by telling him how you feel and he could have come around.

Now, you may have just lost your job.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:13 PM

You could have refused to sign the letter and spoke to the owner of the restaurant about it.
    Susitha Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2008, 05:20 AM

Hi

Is it too late to talk to the owner?

The words in the form were not true. It is natural to feel insulted but think about this, if I tell you,"Hey you have 3 legs" ( something totally untrue) and laugh at you, would you get angry with me? You would be totally cool and think I am mad

That is how we have to need to handle people who say things which are not true.

He is another employee like you, there is no need to walk away.

You can check back ( if you feel like) and take your job back. You did nothing wrong

Susitha
    Law of Attraction, EFT and The Law of Attraction,Laws of Attraction,abundance and prosperity
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Jan 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
    Hope you're still there White Rose...
    Is there another reason why your manager may have done this to you? I understand why someone would tell you to think first before acting. I also understand that at the very moment, it was an impulse. Others will disagree. What I mean by that is not everyone practices what they preach. Someone will swear that they would do such and such in a given situation but so many factors could be involved. That person may not do "such and such". You don't always know what you would do until you are really in that exact situation or in someone else's shoes.

I believe if he hasn't fired you by now or has gotten you fired, he's looking for a reason to. Even though others will tell you that you went about things the wrong way, so did your manager. I hope you'll post to let us know what happened. I hate to see people get messed around with. You sound young?? If so, be prepared because life is full of lots and lots of unfair things. You're going to have the usual highs and lows. You're going to get hurt and I hope not too much. If people are even the slightest bit jealous of you, they will try to bleep you over. You will see in your life the many things that people will get away with but know what? You can rise above it all and keep getting stronger and stronger. Know that the people who hurt you are already hurting so much themselves therefore you need not do anything to "get them back" if you will. It may be tempting but believe me, once you remove yourself from these types of people, if possible, you will see that they will indeed re-route their misery onto someone else and you get to remain HEALTHY.

Best to you always!! And do tell what happened...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about work from home jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have experience working as a software test engineer. Iam planning to work from home now. I really don't have any guidance.. hw and where to start... I hear most jobs advertised are scams... do any of you work from home? If so, can you tel me the details? Help me out frds.. Thanks..

Confused at work [ 11 Answers ]

There is this Guy that I work with,yes He's Married,no lectures please.The Guy started flirting with Me,and did everything possible for Me to notice Him,and Yes because He's Married I didn't give Him the time of Day.The thing is ,He's been doing this for so long that I'm starting to develop...

I am totally confused . Which cream/ soap / pills REALLY work [ 18 Answers ]

Hello every body, It may be I am repeating million dollar Q, But I was going thr all the forums. Reading some mssg I make up my mind to buy one product but very next mssg makes me feel other way. Civiant , amira, makari , Philippines product, chinese product, japanese products and so on. Is...

Confused at work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a married co-worker who has constantly been flirting with me from day one and we're talking about two years now.At first it started with the eye contact that He still does, and now He says things that are sex related,but as a joke.I really don't get it,because He hasn't said anything to Me...

Confused and trying to make this work [ 13 Answers ]

About a year ago I met this guy that at first I really didn't want anything to do with, I was going though a lot with my X and wouldn't leave me alone and it was a bad relationship all in all. And then this guy came into mylife and completely changed all of that. We had almost everything in...

View more questions Search