Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkaline Posts: 61, Reputation: 20

Jul 27, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Which laptop should I buy?
    I need to buy a new laptop. I’m currently using a Dell Inspiron 600m that I have had for about 4 years. I’m starting to have a lot of problems with it (the power cord must be plugged into the power jack at just the right angle for it to work and the jack where you plug in the network cable is broken among other things).

I don’t think I want an Apple. I haven’t used one in so many years that I don’t think I want to spend the time getting used to one again.

Price isn’t an issue. If I need to pay more for a better system that does what I need I’m OK with that since I use it every day for both my job and personal things.

I’d like it to be lightweight. I bring my lap top to work with me everyday and I’d rather not have to lug around something heavy. On that note, I’d like it to be marginally thin so that I can fit things in my briefcase.

I’d like it to have a nice screen. I’ve seen laptops at the store that have those shiny glassy looking screens with beautiful pictures. I’m torn on the size of the screen I want. It would make sense that for a larger screen the laptop would end up being bigger and heavier, but I might sacrifice that somewhat. I don’t want one of the really tiny ones, I want to be able to type as easily as possible with it and not have to squint at the screen.

I want it to be wireless internet ready, I don’t’ want to have to use one of those outside card things.

I’d like it to be fast, and have as big of a hard drive as possible.

I’d like to be able to use it for watching movies and playing games as well.

It needs to have a CD/DVD burner.

Oh, I hate the mice that are like little nubs in the middle of the keyboard. I’d prefer a touch pad.

Let me know what you would recommend!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 27, 2007, 09:24 AM
    It really depends on what primary use you are looking at.
    Bear in mind laptops can start low $500 and finsih at stupid prices $10,000!!

It's all a case of numbers.
    You go for the biggest and fastest that your budget will allow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Buy out [ 1 Answers ]

I've heard people talk about buy outs with the landlord. What's this and can it be done after I'm already evicted and owe money? Also, how does it work if there is a different company working at the apartment complex I was evicted from?

Who would buy this? [ 14 Answers ]

I get one of thees just about every week. It's too funny. I had to share. Anyone who wants is welcome to take him up. <My name is Eric goodman the personal lawyer to Jonathan Caru,a merchant from Kuwait who died in a London hospital a week ago.He was diagnosed with lung cancer which defiled...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Which to Buy? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive came across three riding mowers to chose from: Cub Cadet 12.5 HP 38 inch with 400 hours: $600 Good Shape Craftsman 13 HP 42 inch hours N/A: $500 Very good shape MTD 14 HP 42 inch with less than 30 hours: $500 Almost brand new Which would you prefer??

View more questions Search