Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scaredmommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 11:15 PM
    D and C procedure
    I have a d and c procedure scheduled for Monday for a miscarriage that hasn't yet actually taken place.. my body has not passed it yet.. but I started spotting today will the procedure still be able to be done even if I start to more than spot? We opted to not go the natural passing because I"m polycystic (PCOS) and my cycles are so irregular it could have been weeks or months before I passed my potential child. now all of a sudden I'm cramping slightly and spotting...I still think I should have to procedure to be sure that everything is "taken care of" . But since I have never had one I don't know if it's still possible now...I'm heartbroken as it is I don't think I could just sit through this "naturally" already knowing what is "coming". Please help me !
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 04:13 AM

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this! The d & c can still be done... and it sounds like it would give you some peace of mind to know that it is taken care of. Things might progress on their own before Monday, but sometimes a d & c will still be done to be sure that things are complete.

I wish you well... sending prayers and good thoughts...
    scaredmommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 10:27 AM

Thank you so very much for your insight.. so far my cramping has diminished but still present, spotting is hardly nil now... but as you said things may progress before Monday... I spoke with my doctor on call and they said let us just see how things progress and take it one step at a time, and use ibuprophen and aleve for pain management. Being that it's still tolerable I'm just staying quiet and relaxed and praying that things will be OK. Again thank you !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hsg procedure [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying for about a year now. This month I am having a hsg done. Checking tubes to see if they are blocked. Does anyone know if this procedure is very painfull

L2 EAD procedure [ 2 Answers ]

What is biometrics in USCIS, when will it be scheduled?

L2 EAD procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on L2 along with my husband as his dependent. He is working for a software firm here. Im working for an indian company in india. Im here on vacation for a month or so. Im planning to apply for EAD here in few days and go back to India. Is it required for me to stay here in US...

D & C procedure [ 11 Answers ]

I am scheduled for a D&C Friday!! Can anyone tell me what to expect?

View more questions Search