Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spikey111 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Coastal vacations
    Anyone heard of coastal synergy group... coastal vacations?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Here we go again...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Please read this thread. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...hlight=coastal

May 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
    What? Obviously I'm new here. I googled them and came up with this website. It was a simple question. If there has been other discussion in the past I obviously would not know that.

May 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Thanks J_9 but the link left me at some Priests post. Nothing but his opinion. I actually checked the BBB and found only 2 out of 34 bad ratings, and those were on the directors, not the business
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:35 AM
    This website is nothing but opinions... thats it.

Sorry if I seemed rude, but we get one of these posts once a week or more... and they are on my nerves now... shortly after a new member posts the question a new member who happens to work there comes and boasts about how great it is... then we never see either of them again... it seems fishy to us that's all...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spikey111
    Thanks J_9 but the link left me at some Priests post. Nothing but his opinion. I actually checked the BBB and found only 2 out of 34 bad ratings, and those were on the directors, not the business
    You seem to have already made up your mind. :rolleyes:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Wait for it a "Director" will turn up in a minute and say that they are the best thing since sliced bread ;)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spikey111

You never heard of them yet your defending them and seem to know that a director is not actually part of the company itself? Sure, we have people from Coastal posting fake questions all the time but ill believe the slim possibility you aren't actually employed by them. Check the BBB again for Coastal Synergy Group, the part of the company responsible for hiring has been ranked as unsatisfactory by the BBB.

Basically if you want to vacation with them the reviews are good, if you want to join as an agent, be very cautious, many directors are committing fraud on clients and their own agents, a classic pyramid scheme.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
    I also noticed that he said the same things the "directors" typically say...

" actually checked the BBB and found only 2 out of 34 bad ratings, and those were on the directors, not the business"
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I love it when they post, only 2 of 34 of our managers are crooked thieves (that we know about) that's a low chance... want to join?? PLZZZZZ
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Hehe... its only the class 1 and 2 directors that suck... the class 3 ones are just dandy though...
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 01:06 PM
    I applied to be a class 7 director but they said there's no room at the top of the pyramid... I mean... I wasn't qualified

May 18, 2007, 07:37 AM
    OK... Well alkalineangel, thanks for the honest answer in you first post and the slam in your second. I've been around long enough to know that I should not have even gone this route. And whoever up there said "you obviously have made up your mind"... NO that's why I'm here, trying to find honest, logical reasons or why not to join. But, the key word here is logical. Not going to find that on a forum of any kind. You folks have a great day and have fun in your little world here.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 07:39 AM
    We ARE in the real world. Thanks and have a great day too! Hope you find a home based business that works for you.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I never slammed you, I slammed the company so why get offensive? Unless you are really with them... take a joke, we all do. If you would spend some time on the site, you would have answered your question and understood why we respond this way...

May 18, 2007, 07:44 AM
    You're probably right. Needkarma... thanks. Not sure there's one really out there though, you know?
    And no alkalineangel, I'm REALLY not with them :) Just simply looking for info. Thanks anyway.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Sorry if we seem out of hand, but like I said before, we deal with this constantly, and it sometimes seems that they are abusing this site for their own gains. A lot of people come here to fire us up, and I like to be sure, before I open up and give advice, that a person is indeed serious. Good luck in your quest, but honestly, I would stay away from that company...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 08:26 AM
    spikey111, what you are finding is that for those of us around here for a while, find every few weeks a new poster normally one that is actually a member of coastal, comes here and asks a question, then after they get several of us showing all the fraud sites and scam sites, some director then normally in one or two days pops up and tells everyone how great they are and that all of this fruad was done by only a few people.

So to be honest after you seem to know something's about them and even defend them somewhat, most of us ( including me) believe you are merely a member trying to get some free advertising.
    We could be wrong, and hopefully we are. But if you want to stay and use our site and do other posts, then we will know. But most costal posters never post anything except a few costal posts.

Costal has gotten smarter, they are including the words fraud and scam in most of their internet posts and advertisement so it is now harder to find the real scam posts telling you of all of the people claiming to be cheated, but we listed them on other coastal posts here so they are available.

I guess my question is what do you want to gain out of coastal, do you take several vactions a year and many business trips where you can save enough money from the membership to make it worth while?

Or do you want a business plan where you are selling vactions?
    If so where and who do you plan on selling to ? Direct marketing ? Phone calls,

So what are you wanting.

May 18, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Hey Fr_Chuck... Thanks for the posting. I am looking to start a part time business so I don't have to take all the OT at my full time job. Then, maybe if it works out, retire as I have 27 years in service, and do Coastal full time. I'm sorry if I came across as part of the company. I'm sure as with everything else that there is good and bad in Coastal. Just like we have good and bad in my career. I'm just simply trying to make an educated decision by searching for information everywhere that I can. As for sticking around a while on this site, I've filled out my profile and am going to browse other categories. It looks like this site covers every topic under the sun. Anyway, I hope this clarifies who and what I am and was after, and acts as an apology if I took offense. Have a great weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coastal Synergy [ 15 Answers ]

Is Coastal Synergy a legitimate business.

Coastal city with most rain [ 8 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined Which coastal city would probably experience more days of rain? Daytona Beach,Florida, or Portland,Oregon, or Portland,Maine, or Baltimore,Maryland

Out of state vacations [ 3 Answers ]

I have joint custody of my two daughters . I am taking a vacation out of state with them for one week. Do I need permission from their father for the girls to go?

USA Coastal cities [ 1 Answers ]

Which USA coastal city experience the most rain, Daytona Beach, Flordia, Portland, Oregon, Portland, Maine or Baltimore, Maryland?

View more questions Search