Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 08:09 PM
    GE water dispenser won't stop!
    When I went to get some water from my GE water dispenser, the water would not stop coming out. I had to finally pull out the refrigerator and turn off the shut-off valve. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how can I fix the problem?:eek:
    armani Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Same thing just happened with my GE fridge. I have the freezer door propped open while I figure out what to do.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Likely a bad solenoid to the incoming water line. Easy to fix.
    armani Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Txgreasemonkey,

Thanks.

Problem fixed automagically. But I will take a look at the solenoid.

To turn off the water flow I had 2 options:
    Keep the freezer door open or
    Activate the lock switch.

I locked the dispenser for a few hours. Later when I unlocked it the problem went away and the dispenser was working normally.
    spurrierfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
    You need to take a look at this link.
    http://applianceguru.com/forum1/276.html
    Gdocgray Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Mine started doing the same thing, had to cut the water line off, and turn it back on later and it stopped (until the next time I tried to get water), now the water line going to the ice maker won't stop flowing, causing it to completely freeze over as a block of ice, preventing the ice from dropping. Any ideas??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the water line, but haven't been able to identify the problem. The...

Fan won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

The compressor on the a/c turns off but the fan continues to run. Tonight when I turned off the a/c at the t-stat, the fan and compressor came back on even though the unit was turned off. What is my problem? The unit is about 24 years old and the t-stat was replaced a few months ago.

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

Instant Hot Water dispenser vs. Side sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I want to add an Instant hot water dispenser to my stainless steel sink. It already has a side-sprayer through the hole I want to use to install the dispenser. 1) Can I use that hole & 2) how do I defeat the side-sprayer hose and eliminate it under the sink?

Water won't stop running [ 3 Answers ]

Changed the stems and the cold water works fine but I can not get the hot water to stop running. I have the handle turned off completely and it runs like I have it wide open. Please help us as soon as possible

View more questions Search