Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dremax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Bone Loss
    I Have Between 70 & 90% Bone Loss. I Was Told That Anything Over 50% Can't Be Saved, Resulting In The Removal Of All Teeth. Is This True?
    renee78 Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Nov 22, 2006, 01:45 AM
    If those percentages are accurate, that is severe bone loss and if that amount of loss is generalised (all areas) then yes, you wll probably lose a majority of your teeth. It will need to be assessed by a periodontist to see what preventative measures can be taken, if any. You see, once you lose bone height, it cannot be regenerated, only halted and then maintained. The number one reason for tooth loss in people over 30 is periodontal disease, so you must get on top of this, pronto.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss [ 4 Answers ]

My hair has been getting much thinner over the past two years, and now I can really see a difference. I am only 16 years old which I think is way to early to start having hair loss problems! I've noticed that my hair line is receding, and I have some dandruff problems too, which may have something...

Damage and loss. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?

Pain in right pelvic bone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I new to this MB. I hope someone can help me. I am a 45 year old female and have been having this intermittent pain in my right pelvic bone. It's a dull pain and it gets more painful when I move my my body. It feels like a my bone is breaking in half. Does any one out there...

View more questions Search