Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattthubas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 02:50 AM
    Drive mapping
    Why is that I have to remap a network drive over a wireless network every time I startup my laptop
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 04:29 AM

Make sure the "Reconnect at Logon" box is checked.

Hope this is what you need.
    WallyH
    Attached Images

retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jun 19, 2009, 12:09 PM

If you're talking about a mapped drive in a company or school network, and the computer is on a domain, it might be because logon scripts don't run unless you're connected to the network.

If your drives get mapped with a logon script, and you log on without having a wired connection, your computer may not actually be on the wireless until AFTER you log in to it. If this is the case, the logon scripts don't run to map your drives.

Or not. It really depends on the network you're using.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jun 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc View Post
    If you're talking about a mapped drive in a company or school network, and the computer is on a domain, it might be because logon scripts don't run unless you're connected to the network.

If your drives get mapped with a logon script, and you log on without having a wired connection, your computer may not actually be on the wireless until AFTER you log in to it. If this is the case, the logon scripts don't run to map your drives.

Or not. It really depends on the network you're using.

And how you have your wireless connection setup as well. Some wireless managers will allow you to force a wireless connection PRIOR to the logon process so that Domain authentication and logon scripts will run. If you have the drive set as a persistent connection, you must authenticate for it to reconnect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mapping Network Drive using Wireless Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I am having major problems mapping to an external network drive when using a Wireless router. I have a load of colleagues that need to do this in their offices & a lot cant. I can do it when linked direct to my home router using network cable. (this does not really help though as I need to be able...

Win98 and mapping a domain shared drive ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've some computers which are running Win98, 95 and ME, I don't need to make them as members of my domain, but just I want to map some folders on the File server which is located on the DC, and that to be used by those old OS users. Everything went fine, until the OS asked the...

Mapping Network drive ? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, A user who is not a member of a domain, need to map for him/her a drive on the DC ( file server ), I can map the drive, but the system doesn't ask me to remember or save the password ( he asks for the user name and password of the DC ADMIN ). So every time the user starts his/her...

View more questions Search