Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pioji Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2014, 10:44 AM
    Can you enter USA with a license from Puerto Rico?
    What if someone doesn't have papers (ssn, green card, visa, etc) can they go to Puerto Rico with their ID/Drivers license and enter the country with no problem?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 10:48 AM
    According to at least one Airlines webpage... a Drivers license should qualify.

United Airlines - U.S. Territory Travel Document Requirements
    pioji Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2014, 12:08 PM
    Correct, that's what I read, but I was also told you need to go through customs/immigration when you return, so that's why I'm asking...
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    According to at least one Airlines webpage... a Drivers license should qualify.

United Airlines - U.S. Territory Travel Document Requirements
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 12:34 PM
    I can't say if Customs is invovled... as I've never flown to Puerto Rico before, I always deal with them because I go to Europe annually... But you present your ID. The difference is which line you get into.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 01:29 PM
    You are entering a foreign country. A current passport would be helpful. Yes, when you return you will have to go through US customs, best to have your US passport handy.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2014, 06:23 PM
    US or Puerto Rican citizens can travel either way with just a drivers license or other pictured ID. Guam, US Virgin Islands and any other protectorate-Midway, Samoa and others is the same. Canadian citizens need a passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name change in puerto rico [ 0 Answers ]

79 yr old male born in PR. Is and has been known as Xxxxx. Social security card isued to Xxxxx. When he requested his SS card (looong time ago) the clerk asked him "What name do you want on your card?" He gave them a name he liked, Xxxxx; but that is not his name as registered on his birth...

Puerto Rico statehood [ 5 Answers ]

I have no definitive opinion on this . I work with Puerto Ricanos ,and the ones who have moved here across the board think they are American. However ;there is no doubt that many enjoy the special status that territory brings.Currently, Puerto Rico has "commonwealth" status. Those living there are...

Do I need a visa to go to Puerto Rico? [ 3 Answers ]

I currently work in New York with a H1-B nonimmigration status. I wonder if I need a visa to travel to Puerto Rico? Do I need to have a US visa when getting back from Puerto Rico? Thanks a lot!

Property in Puerto Rico [ 2 Answers ]

My dad died in 1985 and left property without a will, this property is currently being rented and my oldest brother collects all the funds and makes sure the taxes are paid. There was 8 siblings, 3 have since died so there are only 5 left . We now have this property under contract for sale. We all...

View more questions Search